• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Bench Press: Advanced
    Deadlift: Novice
    Squats: Intermediate
    Shoulder Press: Novice
    Barbell Curl: Intermediate

Surprised by the barbell curl and shoulder press...I don't see many people lifting much heavier than me but oh well :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Squat: Intermediate, stronger than 76%
    Bench: Intermediate, stronger than 69%
    Deadlift: Advanced, stronger than 86%

Generally I'd agree with this, but I think my bench is better than my squat. The squat is my worst lift for progress and regular performance a lot less consistent.

My next main goals are 1.5x bodyweight squat, 1x bodyweight bench and 2x bodyweight deadlift.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,245 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Mine are my 100%. They are a lot lower than a lot, but more than others.

I finally graduated to being able to put weights on the bar for a bench press (okay, the plates are 2.5kg, but to me that's awesome!).

Also in response to @SabAteNine and @marikaCL

All that matters is you are giving it your all. Never be anything less than proud of your efforts when you know it put it all out there.
    Now nothing is wrong with being inspired by the other people's post to push yourself.
    You're doing great, just take it slow and build up at your own pace. Make sure to keep it light until you have the form down 100%. And always consult a trained professional whenever you have questions.
    You've all got this!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »

Surprised by the barbell curl and shoulder press...I don't see many people lifting much heavier than me but oh well :)
    I should point out that strengthlevel.com is a sampling of its users, not the entire gym population et al. (You are just measured against the users of the website in other words.) My all time deadlift hardly ranks as elite among other 93s. I know many athletes who pull 600 lbs for reps at 205 or less. I can't even pull 600 lbs yet.

For all 93 Raw Masters in Wisconsin, I have the second best deadlift. For all Open Raw 93s in Wisconsin my deadlift ranks 43rd, and Nationally I don't rank. :'(

And there are other ways to access your strength. https://symmetricstrength.com uses different metrics other than just bodyweight and weight on the bar, but in a competitive context.

"The strength score measures how well you would fare in a strength competition against lifters at your sex and bodyweight."

ppkd9qjf3kf4.png
    hzhxo2ohzum5.png
    jrqco1iokt42.png
    j6eq07bg2mbi.png

455 lb squat: exceptional
    580 lb dl: elite
    340 lb bp: exceptional

Others....
    355 lb FS: exceptional
    215 lb OHP: exceptional
    355 lb Pendlay Row: World class
    Options
    jeffjeff85 wrote: »
    I don't do a 1-rep max because I like my ligaments. But after lifting for a few months I'm certain that bench, squat, and deadlift obove my body weight is simple enough.
    Uh yeah, ligaments. :D:D:D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    jeffjeff85 wrote: »
    I don't do a 1-rep max because I like my ligaments. But after lifting for a few months I'm certain that bench, squat, and deadlift obove my body weight is simple enough.

7rf5ly5n7goj.gif
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,245 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »

I should point out that strengthlevel.com is a sampling of its users, not the entire gym population et al. (You are just measured against the users of the website in other words.) My all time deadlift hardly ranks as elite among other 93s. I know many athletes who pull 600 lbs for reps at 205 or less. I can't even pull 600 lbs yet.

For all 93 Raw Masters in Wisconsin, I have the second best deadlift. For all Open Raw 93s in Wisconsin my deadlift ranks 43rd, and Nationally I don't rank. :'(

And there are other ways to access your strength. https://symmetricstrength.com uses different metrics other than just bodyweight and weight on the bar, but in a competitive context.

"The strength score measures how well you would fare in a strength competition against lifters at your sex and bodyweight."

ppkd9qjf3kf4.png
    hzhxo2ohzum5.png
    jrqco1iokt42.png
    j6eq07bg2mbi.png

455 lb squat: exceptional
    580 lb dl: elite
    340 lb bp: exceptional

Others....
    355 lb FS: exceptional
    215 lb OHP: exceptional
    355 lb Pendlay Row: World class

Great stuff and smart to point out that your results are measured against it's users meaning that it is still a limited source of data. Like the old saying take everything with a grain of salt.

I'll have to try the link you shared, I prefer to use multiple references for my data.
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My poor destroyed, ligaments that can support two-and-quarter times my bodyweight. Just crushed.
    Options
    My poor destroyed, ligaments that can support two-and-quarter times my bodyweight. Just crushed.

My little girlie ligaments (I'm sure they're more delicate, right?) can support 2.09 times my bodyweight. Poor lil things.
    Awww... you want use my chair when I’m done with it?