Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How much have you changed from high school until now?

Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    When I was 12, I was lost in the town fair and my parents got really freaked out. They thought I got kidnapped or something. They found me three days later and I was amidst a group of Sanskrit scholars discussing Sanskrit and such.

When I was 17, I made my first end table from scratch and my parents were extremely happy and they really thought I'd be the best tablemaker in town. I still have the pics, I gotta go check my Flickr.

Then many years later.... we attended a wedding and they ran out of booze. Fortunately I was around and the bride's parents were so freaked out that my mom asked me if I could help. And I did and everybody had booze that night and they thank me to this day.

I haven't changed much today. I am the same person and I keep helping everyone every day.

salutes to you for being an upstanding citizen
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Not much I'm still shy. I use to skip school a lot. I even got suspended from school which didn't bother me none. I don't make friend easy and my dating life suck. Today I have three tattoos and three piercing
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Well, my social skills have improved - but just as curious about the how and why of things as before.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited December 2016
    When I was 12, I was lost in the town fair and my parents got really freaked out. They thought I got kidnapped or something. They found me three days later and I was amidst a group of Sanskrit scholars discussing Sanskrit and such.

When I was 17, I made my first end table from scratch and my parents were extremely happy and they really thought I'd be the best tablemaker in town. I still have the pics, I gotta go check my Flickr.

Then many years later.... we attended a wedding and they ran out of booze. Fortunately I was around and the bride's parents were so freaked out that my mom asked me if I could help. And I did and everybody had booze that night and they thank me to this day.

I haven't changed much today. I am the same person and I keep helping everyone every day.

So upstanding. Almost Christlike I would dare to say.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member

That's impressive. Have you considered starting your own religion? :#
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i no longer know everything. i guess i forgot, cause i use to *kitten* know everything.
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    70 pounds and... My personality.. I wish I'd have what I have now cause I takes no sh.t and I'm funny as hell
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I got a lot more tang...I'm married and settled down now
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    My level of fabulosity has increased in 30 years. B):p
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member

Thanks dude.

I had very good upbringing. I had great parents. My father taught me well and he was a quiet kind man. My mom's the same. She's a really wonderful woman.

I also have a cousin who wears nice jackets and spends time zoned out in the outdoors. I mean he backpacks and spends entire days weeks in the hiking trails enjoying nature. I learned a lot from him.

In fact, mom told me she and her cousin Liz almost got pregnant at the same time. My aunt couldn't conceive for months and finally it happened.

Anyway, we were kinda born in the same year and I learned a lot from him. People would come to him by the river where he hung out.

Is his name John? Just curious?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    tjiddy wrote: »
    zvpim77kdhot.jpg

you went through puberty and can finally grow facial hair?
  • synchkat
    synchkat wrote: »
    zvpim77kdhot.jpg

Almost overnight...those old pics were like two or three years ago...tops.

that's freaky.
    and you only graduated highschool 3 years ago?
  • synchkat
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    zvpim77kdhot.jpg

You must have been like the oldest high schooler ever that's like a guinness record

or maybe he's super young ? he's only like 22 maybe
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Other than gray hair and my weight a lot less than when I was 18, I don't appear much different. I have the same hair cut. I don't think my personality has changed much. I was quiet in crowds then, and am now. I was talkative in person then, I am now. I didn't talk to girls then. Now I just wish I hadn't.
  • synchkat
    zvpim77kdhot.jpg

You must have been like the oldest high schooler ever that's like a guinness record

or maybe he's super young ? he's only like 22 maybe

You need new eyeglasses synchkat lol

wow maybe he's just had a hard life and isn't aging well.
    geez...rude
  • synchkat
    jfvemybolt1h.jpeg
    I think I've changed a lot! I raise my eye brows now and stick my tongue down instead of up :lol: What do y'all think?!

yup way different. Clearly the tongue down means you are way more mature now.

I just remembered I had red hair at the end of highschool so ya lesson learned Ali should be blond and so I am always now
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    I was a partier then, now I'm more reserved.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Anyone still have dreams where they are back in high school, but in the dream you realize you've already graduated? So weird.

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Anyone still have dreams where they are back in high school, but in the dream you realize you've already graduated? So weird.

I have those dreams all the time. I'm like, wait a minute....I'm way too old to be here...Someone is going to notice at some point....day 45 and they have yet to discover my true identity.
  • DrSelfish1131
    DrSelfish1131 Posts: 35 Member
    I still recall the day of spontaneous (Internet provoked?) ignition of the candle of agnosticism (doubt?) in my heart (frontal lobe?) to set my thinking free from all constraints.... making me a dreamer like John lenon ... :smile: