Is it best to eat your biggest meal at midnight?

Options
jemhh
jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
Thought I'd wrap up the ongoing series about meal timing so here goes.

Should I eat my biggest meal at midnight since if I eat at 12:00 a.m. I will have all the way until 11:59 p.m. to burn the calories?

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    You'll have even more time to burn those calories if you fly through time zones ;-)

So that's how Santa gets away with eating so many cookies on Christmas Eve.
    It works for him!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    12:07 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is the optimal meal time, regardless of your location/time zone. Eat all meals then.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Start at 11:58 and eat until 12:02. Remember, your body has a clock inside of it which automatically resets at midnight and zeroes everything out, so only half of the calories will count for today. And since you started eating right before midnight, your body won't count half those calories for the next day. Winning!

:trollface:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    But you have to eat every one of those calories after the clock hits 12:00, and before it hits 12:01. You have 60 seconds! GO!!!

Challenging but doable. Have been practicing with Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
    I don't think we have enough information. Will you be consuming diet soda with this meal?

Artificial sweeteners made me fat. I only eat clean sweeteners now, like honey. Mmm, bee vomit.

Now I'm really worried about you. The sugar in honey has been shown to be just as addictive as cocaine. And you can't sleep on cocaine.

:D:D:D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    But you have to eat every one of those calories after the clock hits 12:00, and before it hits 12:01. You have 60 seconds! GO!!!

Challenging but doable. Have been practicing with Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
    I don't think we have enough information. Will you be consuming diet soda with this meal?

Artificial sweeteners made me fat. I only eat clean sweeteners now, like honey. Mmm, bee vomit.

Now I'm really worried about you. The sugar in honey has been shown to be just as addictive as cocaine. And you can't sleep on cocaine.

I tried to find an image of a coke bed and this is all I could get.

81tbpfRfdhL._SY355_.jpg
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Start at 11:58 and eat until 12:02. Remember, your body has a clock inside of it which automatically resets at midnight and zeroes everything out, so only half of the calories will count for today. And since you started eating right before midnight, your body won't count half those calories for the next day. Winning!

This makes me think of Gremlins for some reason.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You'll have even more time to burn those calories if you fly through time zones ;-)

So that's how Santa gets away with eating so many cookies on Christmas Eve.

Absolutely, but you will need a flying reindeer team. Good luck, OP. You can do it!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

81tbpfRfdhL._SY355_.jpg

That made me think of this: Coke Cane (I'm all about bad puns today)7fwdtiedblqu.jpg

Sorry for the big image. :p

Love it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes. Gremlins burn 3 times as many calories as mogwai.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    It depends. Will you be eating any processed food?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

81tbpfRfdhL._SY355_.jpg

I bet if you looked up coke den you would have had more interesting search results.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since I'm asleep at midnight most nights, I'd probably end up choking to death if I ate then
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

81tbpfRfdhL._SY355_.jpg

That made me think of this: Coke Cane (I'm all about bad puns today)7fwdtiedblqu.jpg

Sorry for the big image. :p

It wasn't until I scrolled all the way that I "got it". Totally awesome!