Fat Shamed By Santa Claus

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Time for a two-minute hate.
  • Liss812
    Liss812 Posts: 18 Member
    "Fat" is part of the job description for a Santa.

LOL. This isn't about people fat-shaming Santa. It's about a mall Santa fat-shaming a kid.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I wonder what Santa's mfp handle is.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2016
    That article was sort of sad. Santa's job is not to give out unsolicited advice (not in the job description), who interviewed this cat to see if he was qualified?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I wonder if it motivated the kid to eat a salad?

Not really the shopping mall Santa's place to comment but it might be what the kid needs to hear.

No. no one needs to hear that. There are ways to help a child if you're concerned with their health and weight but shouting that at the mall only serves to humiliate them.

I can't imagine shouting at a nine year old because of his or her weight; that's simply cruel and it's especially cruel in public.

That being said, the kid needs to hear it (from a parent) and more importantly needs to be coached and encouraged.

Nobody has mentioned how heavy the mom was from this story. The kid is only nine; she also bears much of the responsibility in this.

It's important to be cognizant of the kid's age. He's 9, not 29.

He doesn't need to a hear a total stranger comment on his weight in such a negative way. I agree the onus is on the parent(s) to help him. Which is why I disagreed with your first statement that "it might be what he needs to hear".

Ha. No worries; we agree
  • Motorsheen
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    That article was sort of sad. Santa's job is not to give out unsolicited advice (not in the job description), who interviewed this cat to see if he was qualified?

I'm trying to picture the vetting process for a shopping mall Santa.

It must be a burning hell for everyone involved.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    How sad what happened to him being jolly and happy. This guy must of watched bad Santa one to many times. I can see him trying to give advice but it's not his job so I hope he gets fired
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Liss812 wrote: »
    "Fat" is part of the job description for a Santa.

LOL. This isn't about people fat-shaming Santa. It's about a mall Santa fat-shaming a kid.

Fat-celebrating.
  • Motorsheen
    Kitten*ing Santa Claus....
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    I fear the day when my kid wants to go to the mall to play in the jungle gym or go sit on Santa's lap. Parents are amazing.

• Meticulous_Nails
    Meticulous_Nails Posts: 69 Member
    Who cares .. Santa is Pagan and has nothing to do with Christmas.
  • Motorsheen
    Who cares .. Santa is Pagan and has nothing to do with Christmas.

... tell that to the chubby nine year old.
  • RoxieDawn

I'm trying to picture the vetting process for a shopping mall Santa.

It must be a burning hell for everyone involved.

I would like to see what a Santa resume looks like?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »

Not really the shopping mall Santa's place to comment but it might be what the kid needs to hear.

Sad, but true. Mom needs to help her son rather than be hell bent on getting some guy fired from a job he might really need. Didn't hear Santa's side of this...was the kid sitting on his lap? It could've been an internal thought that actually slipped out.

In a way I agree. We don't know the whole story. That was my whole thought as I read the story. Maybe the kid said something that prompted it. We don't know. If Santa maliciously said it, then that is a different story.... If it was said totally randomly then mom has a reason to be upset. If something prompted it then the truth hurts sometimes.

This and some other harmless posts got flagged?? Seriously? SMH.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I wonder what the kid wished for..

In a scenario where he may have made a Christmas wish "I wish to be like the other kids at school" Maybe the Santa actually responded with advice (though poorly delivered).

I don't agree with what the Santa said but I felt the story lacked detail.
  • RoxieDawn

Sad, but true. Mom needs to help her son rather than be hell bent on getting some guy fired from a job he might really need. Didn't hear Santa's side of this...was the kid sitting on his lap? It could've been an internal thought that actually slipped out.

In a way I agree. We don't know the whole story. That was my whole thought as I read the story. Maybe the kid said something that prompted it. We don't know. If Santa maliciously said it, then that is a different story.... If it was said totally randomly then mom has a reason to be upset. If something prompted it then the truth hurts sometimes.

what? that makes no sense..I am now a as confused as you are.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member

what? that makes no sense..I am now a as confused as you are.

Maybe it was Santa...