DIET SODA!

Options
So, recently I've gotten really attached to diet soda (specifically Diet, Caffeine Free Pepsi). I know there's a big kerfluffle about whether or not diet soda is awful for you, so I wanted to see what my fellow MFPers thought. Do you guys ever drink diet soda? If so, what's your favorite kind? If not, feel free to talk about why!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I drink it on occasion.

I don't have any health concerns over moderate diet soda consumption provided you don't have PKU.
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I had a. Diet Pepsi the other day....refreshing. I use to drink a lot more. Of it....but now only occasionally.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper, nearly every day. Losing weight and haven't grown a third arm or anything! :-D
  • kristenegeorge
    kristenegeorge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Personally, I enjoy the taste of soda every now and then, and I would just prefer to not drink my calories in the process. So, I say Diet Pop is fine, as long as it's not an everyday thing.
  • mjones6599
    mjones6599 Posts: 129
    Options
    It beats drinking away 150+ calories per bottle! So if you want a soda, insist on diet.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    It has been four months since I have had soda and I feel so much better (and my teeth thank me). Stay away from diet soda, recent science tests have shown that it actually makes you eat more.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a soda drinker, but it's not because of health reasons. But Diet Tonic & grape vodka with a splash of Sprite Zero is yummy.
  • coffee_fiend
    coffee_fiend Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I prefer Sparkling Ice. Flavored sparkling water, zero calories, has vitamins & antioxidants, and comes in a variety of refreshing flavors!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I drink it. Raised on it actually. It doesn't make me crave sweets or anything else.
    Drink it mainly for the caffeine so I don't fall asleep when I should be working lol

I have a SodaStream now so I just make my own when the feeling hits me.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Pepsi and I love it. Never gonna give it up! If I was going to ever have another child, I might rethink DP and some other things too, but since it's not going to happen, I'll continue drinking it. And no, it doesn't make me eat more.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    It has been four months since I have had soda and I feel so much better (and my teeth thank me). Stay away from diet soda, recent science tests have shown that it actually makes you eat more.

You know, I have noticed that my cravings for more sugary foods have gone up a little bit since I started really swilling the diet soda. That's an interesting factoid and I'll keep an eye on how things are in the future. c:
    I prefer Sparkling Ice. Flavored sparkling water, zero calories, has vitamins & antioxidants, and comes in a variety of refreshing flavors!

I like Sparkling Ice, too! They almost always have it on sale at my neighborhood Publix, so I pick some up every now and then. ♥
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda like water. Mainly Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • april92377
    april92377 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was a one-time Diet Coke junkie who lived with her 44 ounce refill bottle by her side. Happy to report that I have not drank any kind of soda since June 13, 2008. I've now started my 6th year being soda free!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    The only issue with diet soda that I've noted is they are REALLY high in sodium, which could contribute to water retention and bloated feeling.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    So, recently I've gotten really attached to diet soda (specifically Diet, Caffeine Free Pepsi). I know there's a big kerfluffle about whether or not diet soda is awful for you, so I wanted to see what my fellow MFPers thought. Do you guys ever drink diet soda? If so, what's your favorite kind? If not, feel free to talk about why!

Used to drink a lot of it. A lot. Stopped drinking it a couple of years ago. Didn't gain a pound after stopping, so it apparently wasn't helping me drop weight. Don't even miss the stuff. I thought quitting would be impossible but it turned out not to be difficult at all.
  • mummykira
    mummykira Posts: 14
    Options
    i have always been told that fizzy pops streach your stumach out

have you ever tried letting a bit of air out of the bottle before you do it back up. if you leave it long enough it's goes back to it's original shape.
    All that gas is slowly getting relievsed into your stumach and putting preasure in it which helps expand your stumach and in turn makes you more hungry.

I think a little every now and then is fine but beware. also alot of sweetners are just as bad if not worse than the sugar itself
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i don't always drink soda, but when I do - i prefer the real stuff, Coca Cola. Stay Thirsty my friends.

9038045.jpg
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    i have always been told that fizzy pops streach your stumach out

have you ever tried letting a bit of air out of the bottle before you do it back up. if you leave it long enough it's goes back to it's original shape.
    All that gas is slowly getting relievsed into your stumach and putting preasure in it which helps expand your stumach and in turn makes you more hungry.

I think a little every now and then is fine but beware. also alot of sweetners are just as bad if not worse than the sugar itself

I'll keep that in mind. c:
    i don't always drink soda, but when I do - i prefer the real stuff, Coca Cola. Stay Thirsty my friends.

9038045.jpg

Have you tried Heritage Dr Pepper with the real sugar? It's so good. It's almost like a fancy dessert for me.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am slowly stopping....
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options