Help with breakfast.

Options
sweetpea6627
sweetpea6627 Posts: 1 Member
What is a good thing to make that is easy and fast for breakfast. I need help. This is always so hard for me.

Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    A lot of time I just have cereal. Cheerios with protein or something similar. If I want something different I'll have toast, bagels, eggs, turkey sausage, bacon, Greek yogurt, instant oatmeal, instant grits, or sometimes I'll just have "regular" food for breakfast.
  • kazzal75
    kazzal75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the ideas I was a little stuck too
  • melissaweller
    melissaweller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been making overnight oats. I am not a morning person, and am never super hungry in the morning. So this is great because you can make it the night before and put it in the fridge for the morning! Tastes like a slightly soggy cereal, but I add blueberries and bananas and it's great!
  • Tenietsha
    Tenietsha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    3 strips Turkey bacon egg & veggie omelette double protein bread toasted w/cup of grapefruit juice.. Or on my lazy days special k cereal and a fruit
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Bowl of cereal with milk or soy milk and a banana; or Greek yogurt, a quarter cup granola, and some fruit sweetened with stevia; peanut butter and sugar-free marmalade on a Brownberry sandwich thin (100 cals). If I have a little more time, I like a breakfast burrito made with a high-fiber tortilla or flatbread, eggs, turkey bacon, some shredded cheese, and salsa. Or sometimes a protein powder smoothie.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a pint of halo top ice cream for breakfast today. It is easy and fast.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I too have a hard time getting motivated to eat breakfast then I came across an easy breakfast cookie. I only have to make them once every ten days and they are a breeze to make.

NUTTY CHEWY Breakfast Cookie

1½ cups quick-cooking steel cut oats

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/3 cup raisins/Craisins/ or dried blueberries
    1/3 cup In kernel pumpkin seeds

1/3 cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds

1/3 cup unsalted, toasted sliced almonds

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

½ teaspoon salt

2 large eggs, beaten

1/3 cup canola oil

1/3 cup honey

1/3 cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil, oil or coat with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
    2. Whisk together the oats, whole wheat flour, raisins, sunflower seeds, almonds, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
    3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened.
    4. Working in batches, use a ¼-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter and place on the prepared baking sheets, flattening slightly with the bottom of the measuring cup to create circles, about 3 inches in diameter. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie. If the batter starts to stick to the inside of the measuring cup, spray with cooking spray or simply wipe clean with a paper towel.
    5. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring the cookies to a wire rack.
  • Bean1978
    Bean1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been making overnight oats. I am not a morning person, and am never super hungry in the morning. So this is great because you can make it the night before and put it in the fridge for the morning! Tastes like a slightly soggy cereal, but I add blueberries and bananas and it's great!

I love this, I also add some sliced almonds for some crunch
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl and Eggbeaters have tons of egg mug recipes on their websites. Basically you can make a microwave omelet in a minute and a half. I have even made them ahead and then microwaved in the morning. You can use 2 whole eggs or egg substitute, both work. Anything you put in a scramble, omelet or quiche works in an egg mug. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/08/masonable-mondays-2-scrambles.html

Masonable%2BScrambles4.jpg
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I had a wrap this (and most) mornings: low carb tortilla, turkey (or leftover protein from the night before), cheese, spinach, tomato, bell pepper, and a touch of mustard.
  • alexperrino144
    alexperrino144 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I blend 3 bananas and a cup of strawberries with hemp seeds and some water every morning
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I throw a Greek yogurt in my lunch bag the preceding evening, and eat it at work. It's almost the easiest thing imaginable.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What is a good thing to make that is easy and fast for breakfast. I need help. This is always so hard for me.

You could always wake up early so it doesn't have to be "fast" ... you can also meal prep so that it is easy for at least 3-4 days in a row and then meal prep again.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I've been getting into this new cereal I found called Living Intentions...grain-free granola, with a little almond milk, and a banana.

www.livingintentions.com
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Another vote for overnight oats here. So easy.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I normally don't have much time in the mornings or nights, with school, work and exercise routine.

If I have an extra 3 minutes, I mix up a batch Soylent Powder. If I have less than 3 minutes, I consume Soylent Drink.

Low Glycemic Index, Complete Nutrition. People who are advocates of whole foods, non-gmo, or males who are anti-soy need not apply. :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm a crabby cuss when I'm working the early shift, so on those days, usually a protein powder smoothie, spinach, fruit, flax, and protein powder. When I'm not on early shift, I will cook. Usually eggs and pancakes.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I usually have Greek yogurt for breakfast.

From time to time I toss in Shredded Wheat and on occasional weekends, Greek Yogurt pancakes (5.3 oz of yogurt, 1 egg, 1/2 cup flour and 1 tsp baking soda). This makes two servings.4u3tcb51v3m1.jpeg