Could you date/befriend a smelly person?

Options
2»

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    @J_Surita3 "Your sense of smell offended my stink!" HAHAHAHAHA :-D
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Deleted, just cause I feel uneasy talking about someone behind their back.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Smelly is kind of a deal breaker for me. I mean you don't have to wear cologne all the time but if you flat out stink, then I just can't.

WTF would someone flag this??? Gheezus people. I answered the question.

They use this, and your post pinched their feelings:

(Short video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y28E7XPYoc
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Smelly? No; never.
  • Hungry_Angler
    Hungry_Angler Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just an observation, usually the guys that wear the old, beige colored "white" socks have major foot funk going on. That's just a locker room observation on my part.

As you were.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    Maybe. If they just don't like taking showers, then no. If they smelled like coffee (which I don't like the smell of coffee) then fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Not if it was am unpleasant smell. I had to stop seeing a guy because he smelled like raw ground beef. I can't stand BO smell or unwashed smell. Or smoker smell. Is be ok with coffee smell.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    Seems like the happy flagged chooses someone new to pick on every day. I've been left alone for 2 days but got tore up 3 days ago.

Feels more like I have a crazy fan that follows me, although it doesn't happen with everything I say. It's nice for them because they get to anonymously flag posts.

What makes me laugh is imagining someone patting themselves on the back saying, "Ha! Take THAT!" after flagging.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Seems like the happy flagged chooses someone new to pick on every day. I've been left alone for 2 days but got tore up 3 days ago.

Feels more like I have a crazy fan that follows me, although it doesn't happen with everything I say. It's nice for them because they get to anonymously flag posts.

What makes me laugh is imagining someone patting themselves on the back saying, "Ha! Take THAT!" after flagging.

I can be pretty offensive so I'm used to flags but when I'm being on my best behavior and I get flagged I take it personal. Lol
    Exactly! I've earned some flags for sure, but it's when I'm behaved and I see it I'm like, "Huh?".
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Report your own post, with the"other" note and put in the text that someone is following you around flagging you. Mods can remove flags and deal with the person
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I would never cheat on my wife, but a woman who smelled like coffee all the time would tempt me.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    @Alatariel75 Thanks for the tip :-)
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    I would never cheat on my wife, but a woman who smelled like coffee all the time would tempt me.

For me, it'd be if he smelled like cotton candy.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Let's say you meet online and totally hit it off, then you meet up and are shocked at how they smell (smell-o-vision still isn't a thing). What would you do?

I personally find certain smells unbearable, they turn my stomach. For example, if the person was a barista and smelled of coffee all the time, I'd have to keep it online. One woman I met just smelled unclean, I couldn't be around her.

If somebody smelled like coffee I would follow them anywhere.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm a smell person so if I met them in public I probably wouldn't hit it off with them and they smell like *kitten*