I was just called the DUFF-designated ugly fat friend!:(

Options
124»

Replies

• stevenbrookwood
    stevenbrookwood Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't feel hurt or mad from the comments made against you. Harness your anger, and hate and use it to benefit yourself.

Anger is one of the most powerful emotions that humans experience. It is typically known for destruction, however can be used for good. Work yourself to prove them wrong, use the emotion to motivate yourself further. The best payback is jealousy in my opinion. Make them regret everything they said.

When you feel self-pity, it will just keep bringing yourself down. Trust me, I was a master at self-pity once...

Show them what you're made of!!!!
  • time2change14
    Options
    First off, calm down. You can't let people make you feel this way. Especially someone that you don't even know, and who probably hasn't even seen you.

Second, since this is your 'best friend', you should feel comfortable telling her how you feel. Just don't get all weird about it because I was your age once (I figure you're mid teens), and at that age we tend to blow things out of proportion. She's in her mid teens also (probably), and she most likely fails to realize how her silence made you feel.

Third, you have to be 18 to use this site. Spark teens is probably a better place for this conversation.

Either way, I wish you good luck!

Thanks for the advice, but I am 18. :)
  • time2change14
    Options
    Possibilities:
    a) you were going through your friends phone= you bad friend
    b) you're friend was repeating to you the mean things someone else texted=she bad friend
    c) this never happened, you wanted to hear you're so pretty but ppl are bashing on the guy=we bad friends

Time to get new friends. Tick tock.

I just don't get the point of criticizing the OP like that. What did THAT add to the conversation? "B" was okay, but you can't expect her to not get defensive about the other 2. Then you'll call her out on being too sensitive when she does, amirite?

A) I was not going through her phone. She was texting right next to me. I glanced at her phone and saw it. She didn't make any effort to hide it.
    B) No, she didn't repeat it I saw it when she was next to me.
    C) If I wanted to hear that I was pretty, don't you think I would have posted a profile pic of myself first?

I agree that post was unnecessary and it's okay if you call me sensitive, because I am a bit sensitive. :)
  • time2change14
    Options
    Whats with all this texting? Can't your hot friend just talk on the phone?

She likes texting more I guess. And she wasn't texting just one guy, if you know what I mean. ;)
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My dad has a favorite Lincoln saying that goes something like this: Best keep mouth shut and be thought a fool then open it and remove all doubt.

Don't let the fools (like "K") get to you. They have no idea what you're going through or what you're doing or what you've accomplished. That means they are ignorant. (Look it up....not being insulting, just saying that it means they know nothing of her or her journey.)

Do not let them bother you or (as corny as it sounds) take your power away from you. If you respond in any way or let it get to you, then you give away your power. End of story.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Obligatory.

EuYwqMJ.gif