I am finally a success story! Reduced BMI from 37.9 to 24.4 in under a year (lots of pics inside!)

Options
ashorey87
ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
I have struggled with my weight since early childhood.

I will be turning 30 next summer (end of June), and my goal was to be in the best possible shape by the time I turned 30 because, well, my 20s sucked. I'm proud to say that I've gotten there, about 6 months earlier than planned.

I didn't think it was going to be possible for me to get under 150lbs, so I had originally set my goal at 150. I weighed in this morning at 146.4, and have decided I'd like to cut another 15 lbs or so, then re-evaluate what my next step will be.

I lost, but I gained so much more. I gained appreciation for my body. I gained appreciation for fitness. I gained my life back.

All of this was achieved with little cardio, heavy weights, and following IIFYM.
I don't restrict myself to 1200 calories a day, so I don't starve. I eat pizza. I eat red meat. I drink wine. Life is good.

5'5"
228lbs down to 146.4lbs
Size 16/18 down to a size 6
BMI 37.9 to 24.4

Now onto the best part...... the pictures of my transformation.

Porky, unhealthy and miserable.

k95z65hgi36f.jpg

ltfwwuzinv7y.jpg

8nbzohim725e.jpg

Partway through my journey.
Early on this past summer I ran my first ever 5km race. I sucked. But I finished.

4wine6cuaz5i.jpg

At the end of the summer, I completed an adventure course.

d7j1xpy7p96y.jpg

Halloween comparison

p4k4phalig2i.jpg

rc455x89oai0.jpg

Something miraculous happened last weekend. I tried on size 8 pants, and they were huge. I bought my first ever pair of size 6 pants.

3w1l2gsrh90o.jpg

This morning's weigh in

ddar2bo51dtk.jpg

And last but not least, my advice to all you ladies........... for the love of all things, LIFT. It does the body good.

2da9mpijs8oy.jpg

Thanks for reading my story! I hope this can be an inspiration to some of you!

Replies

• moonchildisme
    moonchildisme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    awesome, congrats!!!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    100% inspired! Thank you! Fantastic transformation- enjoy the new you- and congratulations!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hellloooo Nurse! Seriously though, incredible transformation!
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thank you for sharing! I'm on a similar journey myself (5'4", highest weight 223 lbs, current 214 lbs a couple weeks in, goal for now is 145 lbs). :D

Keep at it! If I can do it, anyone can! It will be SO rewarding for you in the end, I promise you that!
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Your before stats are pretty much on point with mine so it's awesome to see how I *could* look with hard work! I just recently started (again) lol but I am confident this time will stick ;)
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing journey.
  • tobandit
    tobandit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well done! Our stats are similar, and I've got about 12lbs to go. You're inspiring :) thank you for sharing :)
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Wow! Great work! Very inspiring.
  • chloecsl
    chloecsl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics ;) enjoyed watching the transformation, your confidence in your "after" photos was so obvious. Could really tell that you are feeling awesome about yourself. This is inspiring.
  • Luly7jc
    Luly7jc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!
  • oabiglow
    oabiglow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Excellent job lady!
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • skellymama1
    skellymama1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look great, it has taken years off you!
  • 3blues1978
    3blues1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhmaaaaazing! Thank you a billion times for taking the time out of your life to share that with us! I am so inspired right now, I can't even explain it. Thank you and congrats on your huge success!!
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ashorey87 wrote: »
    I have struggled with my weight since early childhood.

I will be turning 30 next summer (end of June), and my goal was to be in the best possible shape by the time I turned 30 because, well, my 20s sucked. I'm proud to say that I've gotten there, about 6 months earlier than planned.

I didn't think it was going to be possible for me to get under 150lbs, so I had originally set my goal at 150. I weighed in this morning at 146.4, and have decided I'd like to cut another 15 lbs or so, then re-evaluate what my next step will be.

I lost, but I gained so much more. I gained appreciation for my body. I gained appreciation for fitness. I gained my life back.

All of this was achieved with little cardio, heavy weights, and following IIFYM.
    I don't restrict myself to 1200 calories a day, so I don't starve. I eat pizza. I eat red meat. I drink wine. Life is good.

5'5"
    228lbs down to 146.4lbs
    Size 16/18 down to a size 6
    BMI 37.9 to 24.4

Now onto the best part...... the pictures of my transformation.

Porky, unhealthy and miserable.

k95z65hgi36f.jpg

ltfwwuzinv7y.jpg

8nbzohim725e.jpg

Partway through my journey.
    Early on this past summer I ran my first ever 5km race. I sucked. But I finished.

4wine6cuaz5i.jpg

At the end of the summer, I completed an adventure course.

d7j1xpy7p96y.jpg

Halloween comparison

p4k4phalig2i.jpg

rc455x89oai0.jpg

Something miraculous happened last weekend. I tried on size 8 pants, and they were huge. I bought my first ever pair of size 6 pants.

3w1l2gsrh90o.jpg

This morning's weigh in

ddar2bo51dtk.jpg

And last but not least, my advice to all you ladies........... for the love of all things, LIFT. It does the body good.

2da9mpijs8oy.jpg

Thanks for reading my story! I hope this can be an inspiration to some of you!

How many calories do u eat?
    And congrats you look lovely
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    awesome transformation, well done.
  • dwatkins23
    dwatkins23 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Flippin' awesome! I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!