Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I definately don't eat clean. 75lbs down and still going strong!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food, but other than that, I pretty much eat whatever I want. I ate pizza the other night, a steak from Chili's, chips, chocolate.. I just stay within my calorie allowance. I'd starve before I ate vegetables.. I HATE them.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did (at least partially) and maintained for a year eating a mix of really great stuff and some not so great but staying withing reasonable limits. However sometimes eliminating the junk is necessary to achieve some of those "holy grails" like washboard abs and such or to get past a plateau or out of a backslide. Depends on how stubborn your body is I guess.
  • aponia
    aponia Posts: 28
    Options
    ME! For the most part I eat pretty healthfully, but I looove pizza and I can't help but indulge on Friday or Saturday night. When I have pizza, I skip counting calories for that day, then go back to eating normally the rest of the week. But even then, sometimes we just have to go with the flow and not be too anal about our foods. If you're out all day and have no choice but to get fast food, it won't kill you. Sometimes I even have french fries! Just... a small portion. It's definitely possible to lose weight by eating smaller portions of your favorite foods, but sometimes the temptation is just too much and you end up overeating anyway... but if you have good will power, I say go for it! Just make sure that you're getting balanced nutrition and not just 1,500 calories of bbq ribs a day (that wouldn't take long though, would it? ...man now I want ribs...)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Me. But I think it will get harder the closer to goal I get. My problem is that I just eat out all the time.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Me!Me!Me! I have definitely tried to make better choices overall and include more fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats in my diet. I have not given up the things that I love- pizza, ice cream, chocolate, etc. I just eat them in moderation. I have lost all of my weight this way. This has to be something I feel is sustainable for the long haul and who wants to go without all of the foods that we really enjoy???!!! Not Me! :bigsmile:
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Me, and I want to see this one roll!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Bump
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i guess it depends on your body chemistry... someone with insulin resistance has to be a lot more careful about what they eat in order to lose weight than what you are describing
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    i guess it depends on your body chemistry... someone with insulin resistance has to be a lot more careful about what they eat in order to lose weight than what you are describing
    very good point!:wink:

I find getting healthy to be a process for me, I can out exercise junk food for a bit but my body doesn't like that type of fuel. Once I discovered that, I've worked hard to change my fuel choices more often than not. I suppose the 90/10 or the 80/20 would apply here.
    i have. same foods, just less of it.
    This ^ What my long term goal is! But for now there are some foods I can't seem to moderate so I don't eat them or if I do, very little.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've lose weight on the college diet of pizza, chips and jelly beans, single girl's diet of fat free yogurt, Baked Lays and cottage cheese, and the mother's diet of Cheerios, Goldfish crackers and half eaten fruit sticks.

The only way I've lost weight and KEPT it off, is to eat clean 80% of the time and allow myself some wiggle room (not eating down a gallon of ice cream or whole pizzas...but a couple of scoops of ice cream, a couple of slices of pizza) the other 20%.
  • kimberlymarie30
    kimberlymarie30 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that I found this thread. I few months ago, I was ripped apart by people on this forum saying that I wasn't losing because I ate sweet potato french fries one day. I was so traumatized that I actually stopped dieting or anything for a few months. Now I'm back, and eating pretty clean. Although, I did have sweet potato fries twice this week. ;) Thanks everyone.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Remember, very few people on here are actual weight loss experts - I mean the kind that have the medical & nutritional training - & some of them spout their beliefs as fact. Look through this thread, plenty of people are losing weight eating whatever they want by eating smaller portions, having it less often and/or exercising more. I could personally lose more weight faster if I did things like exactly measure food, etc. but I'm happy with where I am & where I'm going. If you're happy with what you're doing & it's working for you don't ever let anybody here tell you differently (that's a job for a professional who has a LOT more information at hand than what they would have from here) & don't EVER let anybody on here knock you off track like that again. What you're doing is for you, not an anonymous screen name on the Internet..........
  • ginnysaylor
    Options
    In regards to eating healthy, when I first started I didn't care about my diet. I ate whatever I wanted in whatever portion size I wanted but would turn and burn those calories at the gym. I worked out to eat what I wanted and lost weight doing it. Now that I have lost a hundred pounds... it has all changed. I can't lose weight the same way and have ha to really start portioning my food (although I do eat generally what I want) and work out religiously. I have hypothyroidism so to me it effects how my body reacts to food that I eat. Since I have been improving my choices, my weight has began to fall off again. It has been over 8 years this journey with no anticipation on stopping until I get my healthy lifestyle like I want. I would say just start cutting out unnecessary things like soda and candy... you would be surprised on how much crap is out there. But all the same, be conscious of what you eat. it does make a difference. Good luck!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever but simply smaller portions... But that is why my macros are messed up in the fat department... I take like 70-100g of fat per day - luckily my body responds normally to this so I don't necessarily balloon from this type of diet.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    me. I eat what I want and when I want.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Raises hand :bigsmile:
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am not really sure what eating clean means but I.am pretty sure I eat filthy dirty by anyone's standards! Lost all the weight I wanted to!
  • losinglbslovinglife
    Options
    lost 46-48lbs eating how I usually eat, smaller portions ;)
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight simply eating a balanced diet that contains all different kinds of foods, both things that people would call clean and dirty. I personally don't label foods, but I am cognizant of the ingredients and nutritional value.

It's actually how I was brought up. My family kept a garden and a large number of our vegetables were home grown (especially green beans, tomatoes, and spinach). We ate a varied diet and cooked our own food almost every day. We went out to eat maybe once a month, if that, and places like McDonalds or KFC were special treats that we had a couple of times a year. My parents tended to buy packaged foods that limited added ingredients (natural peanut butter, Breyer's natural ice cream, etc.). I generally carried those eating and food choice habits with me as I grew up. My downfall when it came to weight was portion control.