Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options
Just wondering. I hear "ya gotta eat clean!" Drilled into so many people's heads around here I wonder if anyone just sticks to eating fewer calories than they burn and losing weight that way. For now at least, I'm not worried about what I eat so much as how many calories I go through in a day. If I want a bowl of cereal in the morning and then to stop off at jack for lunch and get a jumbo jack and fries, I do it. And I'm actually losing weight doing this. Just adding water and exercise.

Replies

• Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Me! (I'm eating a bag of crisps right now.)
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I have sensory integration disorder and have never eaten a fruit or vegetable in my entire lift, still losing weight :)
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I did. Eating clean(er) is probably better for your health, but for JUST losing weight, calories in v. calories out is all that matters.
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    We go out to eat every Friday night, and I have the occasional "fun size" or "mini" candy bar in the afternoon when work gets stressful. When we go on vacation, I tend to eat whatever I want (within reason), and I still drop a couple pounds from all the walking and stair-climbing.

Could I be losing weight faster? Sure. Would I be happy and satisfied? Nope.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i am not a clean eater

look though my diary you will see baconators, fast food, processed food, and all other kinds of stuff as long as it fit is my macros i eat what i want and have lost over 60lbs

the deficit is what matters :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I am not at all a clean eater. With that said, I am constantly evolving the way that I eat. When I first started, calories were all I was concerned about, and I think that is a good thing because it helps you learn portion control without being overwhelmed. As time has gone on and I have learned more, I am making better food choices because I want to. I still eat whatever I want, but I do find my wants changing.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I lost my first 20 pounds eating clean, but was absolutely miserable and a hangry b*tch. I started adding the foods I enjoy back in, at that point, and have been a lot happier and enjoying the process a lot more. I lost my second 20 pounds still eating healthy foods, but balancing them with Oreos, bacon, pizza, etc., while practicing portion control and doing so in moderation. Still going strong!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Me.... im eating what ever i want... IN MODERATION..

17.2lbs in something like 2 months... Im happy with the weight loss being slower than if i ate just fruit an veg. I prefer a varied diet and i dont like cutting too much out.

I had roast chicken crisps last night cause i really wanted them. Im having white pasta with a cheese sauce tonight cause i want it to go with me chicken salad.
  • Fredderfy
    Fredderfy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me! I've lost 30lb all together and during weeks where I've lost weight I've had indian takeaway, burger kings, pub grub, etc. I reckon when I get near my goal though I will have to eat "cleaner".
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am not at all a clean eater. With that said, I am constantly evolving the way that I eat. When I first started, calories were all I was concerned about, and I think that is a good thing because it helps you learn portion control without being overwhelmed. As time has gone on and I have learned more, I am making better food choices because I want to. I still eat whatever I want, but I do find my wants changing.

This has been my experience as well. I am continually improving my food choices but there is still plenty of what people may call 'dirty' foods in my diet. Has been effective thus far.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Me, I eat what I fancy in moderation. The weight shown below is what I lost last year Jan-Nov, since November I've been ill, had kidney surgery (boo hoo) and haven't been active, I've also increased my calories slightly (although I was eating slightly more when exercising) and not gained a lb (I haven't planned to lose since being ill).

Saying that I do mix it up, I wouldn't have a large pizza to myself and nothing else for the day, just everything in moderation, nothing avoided.
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67
    Options

^^ This! :smile:
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Me! Although my diet has changed a lot. Start off small, just count calories and then things will start to evolve from there. Right now, I'm going to experiment with removing dairy from my diet to see if I'm mildly lactose intolerant.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You don't want to know how many cups of ice cream I ate yesterday. :blushing: But hopped on the scale today and actually lost a lb. I'm finding it's all about keeping the calories in check. Not that I'd want to eat junk all the time. Me wants a show-off body when this journey is done. :tongue:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Me. I eat the food I like, in appropriate portion sizes. I do pay attention to overall nutrition, and I cook a lot of meals from scratch, but I certainly don't only eat "clean" foods.

I also lost a good portion of my weight only paying attention to calories. My diet's changed a lot from 18 months ago, but it's happened very gradually, making only the changes that suit me.
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm not eating clean but I definitely eat healthier than ever before. For breakfast I had coco pops cereals with milk but for lunch I'm having green beans with some feta cheese.

I've lost more then 27 kilos that way and I hope to lose more. I don't know if "eating clean" is the key to weight loss but moderation is definitely helping me to lose weight.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Dirty girl signing in. :wink: :smokin:
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Me! I have never been massively overweight (started at 168lbs, down to 150 as of this morning!) but I have never eaten "clean" either. I'm really not loving all this obsession with "clean" eating. On my FL, the girl who has lost the most weight has not been a clean eater, just a careful with calories one.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ate like this every other week on cyclical ketogenic diet:

AbdRoSoLfQJEzKlikaXqKojUBNkVrkPyisIO-610xh.jpg
    1372451149878.jpg

went from 10.2% bf to 5.7% in 4 months... <_<;
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm not a clean eater and I've lost 51 pounds. As long as you are at a calorie deficit, you will lose. For what it's worth, I also lost the weight without doing any exercise. I do exercise now to firm things up, but did not work out when I was losing.