Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I did. Eating clean(er) is probably better for your health, but for JUST losing weight, calories in v. calories out is all that matters.

^This. I try to as much as possible but am not hardcore about it. I definitely wouldn't say I did during my weight loss, nor do I now. If it fits your macros (not even always, but something to strive for!)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. I hear "ya gotta eat clean!" Drilled into so many people's heads around here I wonder if anyone just sticks to eating fewer calories than they burn and losing weight that way. For now at least, I'm not worried about what I eat so much as how many calories I go through in a day. If I want a bowl of cereal in the morning and then to stop off at jack for lunch and get a jumbo jack and fries, I do it. And I'm actually losing weight doing this. Just adding water and exercise.

Yeah. I've lost 90 pounds that way. Eat what ya want... Keep a deficit.

I don't think eating "clean" is about losing weight so much as it's about eating healthy. I was introduced to eating clean over a decade ago and was not at the time interested in losing weight, nor were the people who tried to sell me on it.
  • jmejiaa
    jmejiaa Posts: 21
    Options
    IIFYM

I eat whatever I want as long as I make it fit..

I've had bowls of cereal to meet my calories at the end of the day.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    * Raises hand *
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever. I had fried chicken last week. I guess that's not "clean eating". But it was good.

Portion control, portion control, portion control...
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    25 lbs lost so far, and I've actually added a little muscle, so the fat loss is even more than that. Gotta love flexible dieting
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Amazing that your eating all that and still losing weigh! My readers who be mad at you, lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You can find articles and watch a video on weigh loss at www.uncommonwebshop.com. Just click on the weight lost link. Thanks, and Good luck!

Let me just spam you with my website link, but sound supportive and encouraging...no spamming!
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I ate junk food, and lost weight, as long as my junk food was eaten in moderation.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    The #1 thing I've learned from MFP: Don't do anything to lose weight that you're not willing to do for the rest of your life.

I'll be damned if I'm living on plants forever.
  • librarianjenne
    librarianjenne Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I generally try to eat clean, but really, I eat whatever I want. I just watch the portions and calories and try to burn more than I eat.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I lose eating whatever I want, just less of it.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The #1 thing I've learned from MFP: Don't do anything to lose weight that you're not willing to do for the rest of your life.

I'll be damned if I'm living on plants forever.

What she said.
    I certainly don't go to fast food all the time--in fact almost never.
    But if I want potato chips, or ice cream, wine, gin, beer or pizza I eat/drink it. I just factor it into my cals and exercise and move on.

I try to eat healthy as a general principle--but I don't get hung up on it. The biggest thing I've changed is I don't drink soda--not diet, not full sugar. I try to model balance for my kids and keep the "bad" things as treats or once-in-a-while snacks.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love sugar so I can't possibly live with out my candy or junk food. I have been eating this way since the start September 1, and I'm still losing weight.
  • Pace29
    Pace29 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    YOu can lose weight eating clean or nonclean. calories in calories out. The difference is you just can't eat as much of the "unclean foods" at they tend to have more fat and calories. So you can eat say 2 potparts vs say 6/8oz chix and ton of veggies which will leave you feeling more satiated. I know plenty ppl who look great who include ice cream and poptarts in their diet but they dont eat it at every meal or necessarily every day. .... most of their eating is still "clean". also depends on goal.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    My swimming pool sometimes has bugs in it, so it's not clean.
    My swimming pool is also my septic tank, so it's not clean.

Who swims in a clean pool?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    <<losing weight .....I eat dirty rice and pork skins...fark it I think that's as bad as it gets.....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have 3 friends that have lost close to 500lbs between the 3 of them not eating "clean" They eat what they want, in moderation.
    Guilty!

OP:
    I eat all sorts of stuff and still lose weight.
    Beer? Yup.
    Tater Tots? You bet your sweet *kitten*.
    Cake? Ice Cream? I dare you to try to take them away.
    you will have to pry the beer out of my cold dead hands....!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Me!

I lost 65 pounds - easily, happily and relatively quickly eating whatever the heck I wanted. And even better... I've kept it off for a year and a half now, while continuing to eat what I like.

Regulars on my 'diet'

Wine
    Cake
    Ice Cream
    Candy
    Pizza
    Cheeseburgers
    Donuts
    Waffles
    Beer
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I usually try to eat clean but I'm not against stuffing my face with something processed. It's all about the portion size and calories. It works for me
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    While losing weight, every week at the store I'd load up on raw chicken and shrimp, lots of fresh veggies, organic milk, and so on. Then I'd go to the baking aisle and get a crap ton of refined sugar, flour, and chocolate chips so I could make cookies and brownies for my friends and coworkers (who always tell me they're on a diet before eating three). On my way out, I'd make sure to grab some ice cream, wine, and beer.

Moral of the story: get your nutrition in. Meet your macros. Meet your micros, even. But freaking enjoy your life while doing it. Who never wants to eat ice cream or drink beer again??