Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Me!! I eat anything I want (and drink plenty of water) as long as it's under my calories and I've gone from 143 to 133 in about 4 months. :happy:
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I have lost about 10%BF since Feb 21st of this year. I was 250 lbs @ 26.4%BF. Now I am 224 @ 16.9%BF. That translates into almost EVERY lb I lost was FAT, maybe 1 or 2 lb of lean mass. I would say that my approach to diet and weight training are working great together for me !! And I DO NOT eat a "CLEAN" diet, I like my ice cream protein milk shakes, ect... I just finished eating a taco salad just a few minutes ago. ... it was good ....
  • amoymh
    amoymh Posts: 44
    Options
    I eat half-clean if that counts for anything. But I can't live without my sushi and cultural traditional foods in all their greasy, fried, and gravy-fied goodness. Just as everyone has said, everything in moderation will do the trick. Calorie deficit counts the most IMO and is working out great for me :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Millions of people

an d me
    32 pounds so far
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The deficit is what matters in losing weight. Eating clean is about how it makes you feel.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20lbs and I definitely don't eat clean. I've tried to cut back on processed foods, and would like to do more of that just for the health benefits, but I'll never eat clean completely. I like pizza and wine and various other non-clean foods too much!! Cutting calories and working out are the things that have helped me lose the weight.
  • cicibeanz
    cicibeanz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just finished a Trader Joe's "reduced guilt" mac and cheese for lunch. :)
  • cicibeanz
    cicibeanz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ...with a diet coke.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I had this discussion with a co-worker when I was starting a diet a few years ago... I ate nothing but fast food and lost 60+ lbs in 3 months. It's very simple: Calories in vs Calories out. If you bother to read the nutritional info and calculate it's no harder to lose weight on fast food than it is on healthy food.

My cholesterol and bp got better while eating fast food too (the bp getting better was a bit shocking due to the sodium intake, but apparently in my body 60lbs trumps sodium for bp)

Edit:
    As long as you get a bit of each carb, protein, and fat every day... you're likely going to be ok unless you have some other underlying problem. What matters is the calorie deficit, from your TDEE every 500 calories per day is 1lb per week. It's that simple.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    ...with a diet coke.

Always with diet coke... not because it's lower calorie (well that's a side benefit), but because after I got used to drinking diet regular coke tastes like I'm attempting to drink sugar syrup from a bottle. Haven't been able to drink regular cola in years.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My cholesterol and bp got better while eating fast food too (the bp getting better was a bit shocking due to the sodium intake.)

Obesity is a serious thing and the best thing an overweight person can do for their overall health is to simply LOSE THE WEIGHT. Getting physically active is also very significant.

Great work!
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me
  • librarianjenne
    librarianjenne Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Seems like people are defining organo-paleo-whole-raw-vegan as the only way to be "clean".

I doubt more than 0.01% of people using this site/app are even trying to do that.

LOL, I'm vegan (and eat a lot of whole and raw) but that doesn't stop me from stuffing my face with french fries and tater tots when I want.
  • saratague
    saratague Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm real big into the "eating clean" thing right now, but the weight I've lost so far? Not clean. Not organic. Meats and potatoes even.

FOR ME, I choose to eat clean(er) because of all the added chemicals and such - No...I don't think it causes autism. No...I'm not a snob. No...I don't buy everything organic (produce here in Washington is significantly higher than when we lived in Michigan).

I try to eat cleanER for ME. I still have to watch calories and everything like that - I could go on a "vegan" diet and eat nothing but Swedish Fish and Ore Ida Tater Tots (both vegan friendly, both two of my favorite foods). Doesn't mean I'll lose weight.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All 43 lbs.

I don't believe in cutting carbs or all that jumbo. I couldn't survive eating "clean". I'm not big on most vegetables and fruits, I have a few that I like but a LOT that I just can't stand. I count my calories and have a daily exercise routine. Do the math, the weight will come off. Proven fact.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    <
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    I have sensory integration disorder and have never eaten a fruit or vegetable in my entire lift, still losing weight :)
    glad to see that my husband and i arent the only ones who dont eat fruits and veggies,we eat corn but Ive been told thats not considered a veggie anymore. And I guess every once in a while he will eat a pear or strawberry... or plum...ok he eats a little fruit,lol
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Lots of people, it's all about calories

I do enjoy healthy food though, I feel better too!!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat clean if someone else shopped paid for and did all my cooking for me. I need a certain amount of junk to function.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Me!

Im more likely to eat low fat oven chips and weight watchers milk digestives, but I am NOT cutting out sweets and fizzy juices. Its just not something I could live with for more than a few months at most.

Keeping the things I like but adjusting the portions is working for me.