Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I live by the following 'rules', in order of importance.

1. Eat within my calorific needs, be it a deficit, surplus or maintenance.
    2. Hit my macros (>135g protein, >56g fat, balance in carbs).
    3. Eat a few portions of fruit and veg every day.
    4. Where I have the option, choose whole grains.

Beyond that, I just eat foods I enjoy.

Works for me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The only clean eating I do is washing my hands before I eat and I eat what I want to. Except pasta that is my trigger food.

I looked at your diary. You eat clean food. Not all, but there is clean food in there.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I suspect more lose by not eating clean than those who do. I wouldn't be surprised if the success rate of keeping it off was higher among people who continue to eat all the foods they like.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Me!!!!!!!!!
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :wink: :laugh: I believe thats why my journey to loose weight has lasted this long.... Before that was my mentality of you cant eat this and that. But if its something I crave for I eat it... I log in everyday and excercise. Yes, my weightloss process is slow but I havent given up like I have all the other times because I thought I had to eat only salad and baked fish all the time. I mix my foods up but I would say that my healthy foods most def outweighs the bad
  • omgitsgarry
    omgitsgarry Posts: 138
    Options
    Ha, I had a coworker go completely slack jawed when she suggested I eat clean like her and I told her I lost 100 pounds eating whatever I wanted within a calorie goal. It's all about the moderation.
  • crayonbreakywillow
    crayonbreakywillow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've lost 91 pounds, and I'm just about at my goal weight now. I've done it by eating whatever I wanted...in moderation. I do make a lot of healthier choices now, which I started to do mainly because you can typically get a larger quantity of food when you are eating healthier. But, I have grown to love and even crave fruits and vegetables! That being said, I just had a Peanut Butter Poptart for breakfast. Not the most nutritious, but I saw them at the store, and had to try them! For me, I knew depriving myself of any certain foods would not work for me long term. I wanted to learn to eat the proper amount of food for my body, because I knew that was something I could continue for life.

I also tend to save a good portion of my daily calories for evening snacking. ;-)
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The only clean eating I do is washing my hands before I eat and I eat what I want to. Except pasta that is my trigger food.

^^^definately my kind of clean eating!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    ME
  • crayonbreakywillow
    crayonbreakywillow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Also, the Peanut Butter Poptart was pretty tasty! (I also tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter iced Poptart recently and found them too sweet!)
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    ME

AND me!
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I do not really know the term "eating clean" nor have I heard of it really till I got on this site, but I have decreased my calorie count and started to work out regularly and have dropped alot of weight. Looking into the eating clean thing and I can say that I have not eaten clean through my weight lose process.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a good amount of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats but I can't call my diet 'clean.'
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I do not really know the term "eating clean" nor have I heard of it really till I got on this site, but I have decreased my calorie count and started to work out regularly and have dropped alot of weight. Looking into the eating clean thing and I can say that I have not eaten clean through my weight lose process.

you've already lost 62 lbs, why change now?
  • misspiggy408
    misspiggy408 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You dont NEED to eat clean to lose weight, although it IS healthier for you. My doctor recently told me if I wanted to lose weight, use portion control. He said the size of your 2 fists is the amount you should be eating each meal. It is the right size for your stomach and wont stretch it out. GOOD LUCK!
  • supermaninprogress
    supermaninprogress Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same here. I've just restarted my efforts again and I'm only watching calories right now. Maybe later will pay more attention to the other stuff. So far it's working. I opened my food diary and I am def not eating clean.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i likes it dirty

tumblr_mp3zhtbIww1s29dslo1_500.gif
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i likes it dirty

tumblr_mp3zhtbIww1s29dslo1_500.gif

hi

me too.

1I1ht.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

hi

me too.

1I1ht.gif

its hot here....wanna go cool off?

caz-lick-gif.gif
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I bathe! Why does me being fat automatically make me dirty?