Who has lost weight NOT eating clean?

Options

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I cycle between eating clean and dirty and honestly it never mattered how I ate as I still lost weight no matter what.

It's all calories in vs out.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    That would be me I eat what I want in moderation :}
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly healthy. I love green beans, carrots, onions, peppers, chicken, eggs, etc. But I eat plenty of junk food too, crackers, chips, ice cream, cookies....... I like to eat a LOT so I have to keep the higher calorie stuff to a minimum so I can eat plenty of stuff while still reaching my calorie and protein goals :wink: I can't eat fries every day and still reach my goals. I'd be too hungry, kwim?
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I lost all my pregnancy weight just by counting calories, 30 lbs. actually. Now, I just want to get more thin so I'm doing the same thing. I ate whatever I wanted. But, I do measure my food.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 11 pounds since restarting MFP (close to 20 pounds total), and while my progress may be slow, I'm losing weight by eating healthier than I have in the past. I still eat things that are deemed "unclean", and still lose weight.

I think it's a matter of moving more, making better food choices overall, and changing mindset that has helped me.

And a huge CONGRATS to some major weight losses I've seen on this thread! :flowerforyou:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Even the clean eaters do. IIFYM doesn't mean fast food is your only source of nutrition it just means that if you can fit it in your macros it's not a source of guilt and shame. I choose whole foods sometimes and fast food others, I don't discribimate LOL
  • philleah
    philleah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight by eating everything in moderation. While I eat mostly fruits, vegetables, lean meats, etc., I still eat pizza and drink alcohol at least once a week.

To each their own!
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Me! I lost nearly 30lbs a few years ago eating mostly healthy foods (fruits, veggies, lean meats, all that good stuff) but still including pizza, chocolate and chips. This time around, I'm losing weight again doing the same thing. For me, it's important to eat this way because I know I can't realistically abstain from eating junk foods ever again so I might as well learn to work them into my diet in moderation.
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    Oh for sure! Last Saturday it was deep fried from Sun up to Sun down. I ate Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs, Deep Fried Oreo Sundaes with lots and lots of chocolate sauce, Taquitos and Mexi Fries, and Deep Fried Blueberry Pie and Bubblegum.

If you can't live your life and enjoy what you eat - what's the point? I have lost almost 30 lbs eating dirty.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am starting to lose weight by exercising as and when I can, eating - sort of within my calorie allowance(!) and trying to drink plenty of water. I can't say I'm eating cleanly, but I do incorporate lots of fruit and vegetables, but if I fancy some chocolate, I have it!! Everything in moderation.. I couldn't cope without some of the bad stuff!!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    me! I'm a pretty dirty eater....but losing weight none the less!
  • Mingo424
    Mingo424 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was told 14 months ago when I started this journey that it was all about exercise and eating clean. I called bull**** on the clean eating. I cut down portion sizes, but still - generally - ate pretty crappy. I dropped about 15lbs, then yo-yo'd back and forth for MONTHS w/ 10lbs. (Mind you I am at the gym 2-3 hrs/day/6 days/week). So I finally gave in and joined Weight Watchers, for me it offered me the discipline to eat whatever I wanted within reason (as in, I can have a Big Mac if I want one, but you bet your *kitten* for the rest of the day I'm going to be eating SUPER healthy, as in no fries w/ that Big Mac). WW has helped me drop an additional 22lbs and keep it off. I'm not starving when I go to bed at night and I've also started to put food in priority. For instance, "Do I want to spent 3 pts on creamer in my coffee?" No, because I've learned that I like to use those 3 points elsewhere and drink my coffee black ;) Good luck on your journey.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without eating clean. I did for the first few months of my journey...and then at various times throughout my journey, I've eaten less clean. I also don't think I've eaten "perfectly clean", but I do think eating cleaner helps me. The reason is that cleaner foods are generally more nutrient dense and they have a tendency to keep you fuller longer. Using a specific example, I can get more nutrients and feel fuller eating chicken with grilled green peppers than by eating a Lean Cuisine for lunch (similar calories, but one keeps me fuller longer). The reason cleaner foods tend to keep you fuller longer is because they tend to digest slower than processed foods.

So, yes, in my experience, I have both lost weight by eating mostly processed foods.....and I have lost weight by eating mostly clean. But I find that eating mostly clean makes things easier for me because I stay fuller longer.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The only clean eating I do is washing my hands before I eat and I eat what I want to. Except pasta that is my trigger food.
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What does SID have to do with fruits and veggies?
  • jobean12
    jobean12 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    LOL. awesome!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i definitely have lost weight without completely clean eating. it's all about portion control, calorie count, and physical activity.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "clean" at all. Ice cream, pizza, fast food... I just maintain calories and work out. I lost ten pounds, and gained it all back in muscle. I feel healthy and strong, even without eating clean. Most people don't agree with that, but it works for me. I'm only 20 and you're only young once. If I want a burger, I'm eating a burger dammit.
  • jstika
    jstika Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I certainly wouldn't say I eat clean. I drink a lot of beer and like to eat Chinese food, pizza, and Mexican food. I have a lot of cheat days and cheat meals. But I ride my bike like crazy, when it's not hotter than crap out. I've kind of plateaued the last month or two though. Still about 10 pounds to lose...
    But I try to eat less meat (I find I have to get more creative with vegetables with out meat), more wholesome foods these days. Figure if I don't stuff myself all the time or drink too much beer, I'll be fine. And I've found that to be true the last 5 or so years.
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ME! I lost 60+ lbs before getting pregnant with my baby and I just counted calories and watched what I ate. this time I have lost 34lbs just working out and watching what I eat and portions. I still have fast food, dessert, and crap. I just eat it in moderation with lots of good foods. I don't think you have to give everything up to lose weight. it isn't realistic to never eat anything bad for you again.