Not sure how to log my workout

Hi guys!

Most days I do calisthenics for my strength training, stuff like squats, push ups, jumping jacks, high knees, planks, etc. Nothing too advanced and it doesn't get so intense that I can't maintain a conversation. I usually log this exercise under Calisthenics home/light/moderate effort that MFP provides.

Anyway, today was the first day that I strength trained with weights!!! :) Very happy to have two ten pound dumbbells at my disposal. So for today, I worked out with what I usually did, although with the weights I took it slower, made sure it was right, and my breathing never became ragged or anything like that. I got a little warm I would say, but surely still considered moderate/light intensity.

Wait for it, I have a question! lol.

Should I log this exercise any different with the weights? I found that MFP has a log that says Strength Training (weight lifting weight training) that I can choose to log. If I choose that option, it says I burned 55 calories in 23 minutes. If I choose the calisthenics one, it says I burned 65 calories in 23 minutes.

I know it may seem a bit silly, but the last thing I want to do is overestimate.

Thank you for any responses!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Use the strength training entry. Straight strength training (lifting weights) burns fewer calories than the type of calisthenics you are doing. My calorie burn definitely went down when I made the switch.
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Ok, will do! Thanks!