Not sure how to log my workout

Options
Hi guys!

Most days I do calisthenics for my strength training, stuff like squats, push ups, jumping jacks, high knees, planks, etc. Nothing too advanced and it doesn't get so intense that I can't maintain a conversation. I usually log this exercise under Calisthenics home/light/moderate effort that MFP provides.

Anyway, today was the first day that I strength trained with weights!!! :) Very happy to have two ten pound dumbbells at my disposal. So for today, I worked out with what I usually did, although with the weights I took it slower, made sure it was right, and my breathing never became ragged or anything like that. I got a little warm I would say, but surely still considered moderate/light intensity.

Wait for it, I have a question! lol.

Should I log this exercise any different with the weights? I found that MFP has a log that says Strength Training (weight lifting weight training) that I can choose to log. If I choose that option, it says I burned 55 calories in 23 minutes. If I choose the calisthenics one, it says I burned 65 calories in 23 minutes.

I know it may seem a bit silly, but the last thing I want to do is overestimate.

Thank you for any responses!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Use the strength training entry. Straight strength training (lifting weights) burns fewer calories than the type of calisthenics you are doing. My calorie burn definitely went down when I made the switch.
  • AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ok, will do! Thanks!