Help what am I doing wrong? I cant lose weight

Options
So I have been on a low carb diet for a month, I eat around 1300 calories a day and only drink water about 4 bottles a day, I am on a 30-40gram a day carb because I eat yogurt for my snack and nuts as well, I have not noticed any weight loss, is there anything I am doing wrong?? By the way I think I have a low carb flu, I also have a weird rash on my stomach that started a week ago from this diet.

Replies

• ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food scale?
  • melcarpe2
    melcarpe2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yep I need a food scale. but I am definitely eating waay less than I used to, I don't want to quit because I really want this but feel depressed.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    you can get a rash from doing keto look it up. not sure how trustworthy this site is but this seems like a good explanation https://www.dietdoctor.com/keto-rash-people-itch-low-carb but it could be other things as well. maybe see a dr if it persists
  • melcarpe2
    melcarpe2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Thank you, this is exactly what is going on with me!!!!!!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Or you could get a rash from new foods that you're eating to replace carb-heavy foods you've eliminated, or from eating larger quantities of foods you were only eating occasionally before.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    melcarpe2 wrote: »
    yep I need a food scale. but I am definitely eating waay less than I used to, I don't want to quit because I really want this but feel depressed.

Are the batteries in your food scale and bathroom scale new?

Are you logging all cooking oils? Can you ope your diary for us, please?
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason you are doing 30-40g of carbs a day? That seems awfully and (nearly) impossibly low. There's carbs in almost everything, even fruit. Are you sure you're logging everything correctly? I'm trying to think of how you could even get close to 1300 calories with that few of carbs...
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Don't restrict calories. Just restrict carb grams, and keep protein at moderate levels (around 0.8 grams per kg of lean body mass). If you eat too much protein, your body will convert it to glucose (sugar) via a process called gluconeogenesis (and when this happens, people feel like crap). So, that means you need to eat lots of fat...natural fats...not the man made Frankenstein stuff like margarine and corn oil and vegetable oil. Natural fat like avocado, full fat cheese/yogurt, butter, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, etc.

Another thing.....DON'T snack.....EVER. When you snack, you shoot yourself in the foot really. That's when fat burning happens. Make a plan....as in when you will eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner)...and stick to the plan. No snacking between meals. Period.
  • najranforever
    najranforever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Dear,

1- buy measurement tape,body fat analyser in order to track your fat%,hip,height,Abdomen and neck size to stay motivated.
    2-buy food scale for more accurate loggings
    3-check your Vitamin D intake
    4-Try to fluctuate the the calories intake each day
    5-Do HIIT workout that don't last longer than 30 min

Hope you have the best
  • najranforever
    Options
    Another Big Advice ..

STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD AND GO ORGANIC BECAUSE FAST FOOD IS HARD TO DIGEST
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    @diannethegeek nailed it.

My opinion, you're probably eating too much fat - this can be a problem on low carb diets where the difference between (for example) a teaspoon of oil and a tablespoon of oil is not easily judged by eye but are significantly different in calories.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Buy a digital foodscale and weigh and measure everything you eat and drink--you'll probably be surprised. Also, Diane is always in the know, so I'd follow her advice.
  • najranforever
    edited December 2016
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Another Big Advice ..

STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD AND GO ORGANIC BECAUSE FAST FOOD IS HARD TO DIGEST

Organic makes no difference in weight loss and you can eat "fast food" as long as you count the calories and keep in your allowance.

Disagree but It's your opinion and I respect you.