I'll never understand.......

Options
124»

Replies

• auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    A phenomenon that applies to shower stalls at the gym, parking spots and, as another poster pointed out, urinals. The law of attraction I guess lol

Ugh. Parking. I will purposely park at the back end of the parking lot where there are no other vehicles around in part because it doesn't bother me to walk but mostly b/c I hate it when someone parks right beside me and I have to try and get my kids out of their car seats. It never fails that some a-hole comes and parks right beside me when I'm in the store so I have to pull out because I can't get my door open enough. I'm in the back of the freaking parking lot. There's 30 other stalls wide open with nothing there and you have to come and park two inches away from the side of my vehicle grrrr... It never fails!!

I do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons lol. Looks like it's a widespread problem LOL

Haha! Good to know I'm not the only one!!
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like my space and I like to give people their space, but the last time I went to get on one of my favorite Precor machines, two were out of order, one was empty next to a sweaty, heavy-footed guy who was pounding his feet on the belt, and one was empty next to a young woman much like yourself. I chose the one next to the young woman. She might not have appreciated it, but I just didn't want to be next to the sweaty guy.

Well, when you out it that way :flowerforyou: The only time I did get annoyed at the person next to me was when this lady got onto the machine right by me & as she was moving it was making this HUGE clonking noise! It wasn't obviously a damaged machine but she kept on clonking away! I just gave her own of those "Seriously?" looks.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    BTW nobody would really want to be next to me on a machine, especially when I'm running sprints. Because I'm usually bent over borderline on the brink of death during this & nobody should have to look at that lol! It's a sad sight!

Not so lucky at my gym :(

I just get a lot of great food ideas from food network...if my cell phone worked consistently in the gym, I'd move to a different machine and watch something on hulu or netflix...but my gym happens to be a dead zone for cell service so I can't always get anything on my phone, in which case, I resort to the tv's the gym has.

I torture myself by watching the Food network while working out lol!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    A phenomenon that applies to shower stalls at the gym, parking spots and, as another poster pointed out, urinals. The law of attraction I guess lol

Ugh. Parking. I will purposely park at the back end of the parking lot where there are no other vehicles around in part because it doesn't bother me to walk but mostly b/c I hate it when someone parks right beside me and I have to try and get my kids out of their car seats. It never fails that some a-hole comes and parks right beside me when I'm in the store so I have to pull out because I can't get my door open enough. I'm in the back of the freaking parking lot. There's 30 other stalls wide open with nothing there and you have to come and park two inches away from the side of my vehicle grrrr... It never fails!!

I do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons lol. Looks like it's a widespread problem LOL

Haha! Good to know I'm not the only one!!

Same here! But my daughter is older & can get herself out, but I have to be careful of her not being careful & banging our car door into the car next to us that is parked so close.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym sometimes with a friend (her membership) and the only TV's are right in front of only 4 out of 12-15 treadmill type machines. So if you want to see a TV that's where you go.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Why people insist on getting on the machine right next to you when there are literally 30 other treadmills/ellipticals open. Why???? So annoying!!!! :sad:

I always use the same machine. It's mine. It's not my fault that someone who doesn't know the gym routine for my time slot comes in and takes the machine next to mine.

Really, at my gym, I know some of the machines work better with my HRM than others do. I use those machines. I don't want to be swuinting at my wrist all through my workout trying to figure out where I am whenI can have the big orange numbers tell me with a glance. So, I will get on a machine next to someone even if all the rest are open if I know it is the one that tracks accurately.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    people do not understand the unspoken personal space rule... :explode:

They truly don't! Like when you are in line somewhere & the person behind you is practically on your heels & you move up to get away from them & they move up right along with you & rest their breasts on your back :laugh:

Maybe their back hurts from holding those breasts up so much, and you are offering them a little relief.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    people do not understand the unspoken personal space rule... :explode:

They truly don't! Like when you are in line somewhere & the person behind you is practically on your heels & you move up to get away from them & they move up right along with you & rest their breasts on your back :laugh:

Maybe their back hurts from holding those breasts up so much, and you are offering them a little relief.

ROTFLMAO! How inconsiderate of me! Next time I'm going to turn around with my hands out & tell them to rest them right in my palms! :laugh:
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That's almost as irrating as being a man in the bathroom and there are a line of urinals on the wall and a guy comes up to the one right beside you. Like wtf man!?!?!

Talk about uncomfortable.

Doesn't bother me unless I catch them sneaking a peak...but then they usually walk away feeling less manly lol
  • nyla2120
    Options
    That's almost as irrating as being a man in the bathroom and there are a line of urinals on the wall and a guy comes up to the one right beside you. Like wtf man!?!?!

Talk about uncomfortable.

Doesn't bother me unless I catch them sneaking a peak...but then they usually walk away feeling less manly lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • schakiiiii
    schakiiiii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yes its beyond irritating but its even worse when your in your workout zone listening to music and all of a sudden they want to be best friends, which causes your workout to slowly get out of sync. sigh I think i have one of those friendly faces because it always happens to me. Not that i dont mind a good chat but not when im so motivated. :noway:
  • nyla2120
    Options
    yes its beyond irritating but its even worse when your in your workout zone listening to music and all of a sudden they want to be best friends, which causes your workout to slowly get out of sync. sigh I think i have one of those friendly faces because it always happens to me. Not that i dont mind a good chat but not when im so motivated. :noway:

LOL exactly! Luckily my resting face is very *****y looking & I play it up even more when I don't want to be bothered lol!
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Seriously???

Why not just ask the gym manager to put more space between the machines?

People seem to have a very warped definition of what 'personal space' means. A person on a machine next to you is not an invasion of your 'personal space'. If they were on the SAME treadmill as you, THAT would be an invasion of your personal space.

Why continue to go to a gym where the machines are so close together that a person being on the one next to you would make you uncomfortable? Save your pennies and get yourself a treadmill at home. Everytime you find yourself being annoyed by someone being too close to you, put 50 cents in the 'treadmill jar'.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Didn't we just finish beating this dead horse a few days ago?
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Seriously???

Why not just ask the gym manager to put more space between the machines?

People seem to have a very warped definition of what 'personal space' means. A person on a machine next to you is not an invasion of your 'personal space'. If they were on the SAME treadmill as you, THAT would be an invasion of your personal space.

Why continue to go to a gym where the machines are so close together that a person being on the one next to you would make you uncomfortable? Save your pennies and get yourself a treadmill at home. Everytime you find yourself being annoyed by someone being too close to you, put 50 cents in the 'treadmill jar'.

Everyone has their own feelings & opinions about what personal space is. This is mine, you have yours. That's why we are all different :smile:
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Didn't we just finish beating this dead horse a few days ago?

No idea.