Losing more than just 2 lbs a week

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose 2lbs a week or more first you'll need to gain a lot more weight - like at least 100 lbs. Then you can look to losing 2 lbs or more. At your size however it just isn't a reasonable goal.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I agree there are red flags here.

OP, what is your aim? Is it to be healthy? If so, give up the idea of losing 2lb a week or more. It will damage your health.

If your aim is to damage your health in order to look "fragile" (I find that word concerning in this context) nobody here is going to help you do that. Please, reconsider your goals and choose a healthy approach.

For me, I find that is my only approach. I don't see why everyone who posted didn't give me tips or suggestions, if ya'll weren't going to give me that, then I don't know why you guys even replied ? I'm not looking for people to tell me to set some new goal of losing less weight, that's not what I'm asking for.

It is not the only approach. If you have done this before, it obviously hasn't been sustainable for you. People aren't going to help you harm yourself. If you wish to learn sustainable, healthy habits, I'm sure people would be happy to help. What you are doing is putting yourself at risk for lifelong health complications.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

OP, what is your aim? Is it to be healthy? If so, give up the idea of losing 2lb a week or more. It will damage your health.

If your aim is to damage your health in order to look "fragile" (I find that word concerning in this context) nobody here is going to help you do that. Please, reconsider your goals and choose a healthy approach.

For me, I find that is my only approach. I don't see why everyone who posted didn't give me tips or suggestions, if ya'll weren't going to give me that, then I don't know why you guys even replied ? I'm not looking for people to tell me to set some new goal of losing less weight, that's not what I'm asking for.

You need professional help...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

You are not looking for conscientious responses.....I get that. Instead you just want people to agree with you (right or wrong) 100%.

BUT - there are rules & guidelines on this website that prevent people from posting the kind of (dangerous) information that you are after. We post - sure do something reckless.....here's how and our account gets flagged.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Everybody would like to be at their goal weight as soon as possible. That still doesn't change what is healthy. Hate to break it to you but even 2 lbs per week is unlikely at your size.

Aim for a pound a week. If you don't want muscle eat low protein as you lose and don't do any resistance exercise. Keep it very low fat to increase fatigue, reduce libido, and ensure hair/nail brittleness. You'll be frail in no time.

Best of luck!

I'm not really worried about losing weight in the "healthy way". And there's vitamins for all of that, in which I already take anyways, sooo...

Please get help.
This discussion has been closed.