Need to vent (again) and need some support

Options

Replies

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope that you and the babe are fine! I've never been pregnant, but that sounds terrifying. I'm sure it's probably nothing to worry about but given all the problems you've had so far and being pregnant of course you want to go to the doctor to make sure everything is fine.

I feel like your SO could have been a tad more supportive. Even if it is nothing, shouldn't take any chances with the baby or you.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Bit of an update: saw OB, its not amniotic fluid, (warning, guys may want to stop here lol) just discharge that apparently gets worse during 3rd trimester, so that makes me feel much better. Ultra sound showed a healthy, normal sized baby girl with plenty of amniotic fluid wrould her (any where between 5cm-25cm is normal, and it's 13cm right now).

I did however get sent to hospital L&D (literally across the street from my OB). My blood pressure was 82/44 so she is a bit concerned about that. I'm also very dehydrated (barely ate or drank anything in the past 4-5 days) so they are giving me a ton of IV fluids. I'll likely get to go home later today.

SO had to go to work so "sister wife" came to stay with me. He apologized, apparently he woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and wasn't feeling the best himself. Then promised that when he gets home he will make my favorite dessert to make it up to me.

Yay for the good news and the dessert! :smile:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better with the IV fluids. It's been a rough go for you. Do tell us about this dessert though! I'm sorry your SO was difficult this morning, but at least he realized it, and apologized. It doesn't help with your stress levels though.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Are the hives PUPPs? Dandelion root tea and Tea Tree oil was the only thing that worked for me. Later on my SIL found GrandPa's Old Pine Tar soap and that was soo good. It maybe worth a shot.

ETA: Oh geeze I just read further. I'm so glad everything is okay!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I hope you feel better with the IV fluids. It's been a rough go for you. Do tell us about this dessert though! I'm sorry your SO was difficult this morning, but at least he realized it, and apologized. It doesn't help with your stress levels though.

It's called flourless chocolate cake. If it was possible to overdose on chocolate, this would definitely count lol. Definitely not an everyday indulgence because a small piece has enough calories for an entire day lol. Ingredients are basically-butter, eggs, sugar, cocoa, chocolate morsels and a drop of vanilla extract. It is absolutely amazing!
    RenaTX wrote: »
    Are the hives PUPPs? Dandelion root tea and Tea Tree oil was the only thing that worked for me. Later on my SIL found GrandPa's Old Pine Tar soap and that was soo good. It maybe worth a shot.

ETA: Oh geeze I just read further. I'm so glad everything is okay!

No, it's not PUPPs. The pattern of breaking out is the exact opposite. OB said PUPPS usually affects the abdomen and chest, and very rarely the face. My breakouts are my arms, legs, neck and face. My abdomen doesn't typically break out. Funny you metioned pine tar soap. I use it whenever I get poison ivy. I tried it when this first started, but hasn't really helped much. As gross as this may sound, I've been showering with almost no soap (with the exception of shampoo, conditioner and if there is visible dirt). I've just been using a loufa with plain water. I thought it was possible that the "fragrance" in soaps could be making it worse.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Whew, woke up to the leaky liquid and grumpy guy post this morning and have been worried ever since. (The nana in me coming out)

I'm glad those 2 concerns are on the mend, and hope the hives are too. (Calamine lotion may relieve the itch)

Keep up with the venting here when you need to- just verbalising can be cathartic.

Lots of hugs to you, babe, and the SOs.

Cheers, h.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Whew, woke up to the leaky liquid and grumpy guy post this morning and have been worried ever since. (The nana in me coming out)

I'm glad those 2 concerns are on the mend, and hope the hives are too. (Calamine lotion may relieve the itch)

Keep up with the venting here when you need to- just verbalising can be cathartic.

Lots of hugs to you, babe, and the SOs.

Cheers, h.

Thank you. I haven't tried the calamine yet, but intend on picking it up from the pharmacy on the way home. allergist yesterday also prescribed a low dose of prednisone taper, so decrease the dose every few days for about two weeks. Was unsure about it since I keep hearing that steroids during pregnancy is not good, but OB okayed it today and actually reccomended it. My allergist had actually called her yesterday to run it by her. She said since I'm already third trimester, that it isn't as concerning and it's a short enough duration that she's not worried.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh. <3<3<3

You've made it 27 weeks. You're 3/4 of the way there, and your baby girl is healthy. Just hang in there a little bit longer. It will all be worth it.

hugging-animal.jpg
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Elphie, I'm glad everything turned out well for you and the baby.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

It's called flourless chocolate cake. If it was possible to overdose on chocolate, this would definitely count lol. Definitely not an everyday indulgence because a small piece has enough calories for an entire day lol. Ingredients are basically-butter, eggs, sugar, cocoa, cholesterol morsels and a drop of vanilla extract. It is absolutely amazing!

I know you meant chocolate morsels, but I've read about flourless chocolate cake and cholesterol morsels sounds more accurate. :smiley:
    flourless-chocolate-cake.jpg
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you are feeling better and it wasn't anything too serious. Although the dehydration can be so glad you are staying on top of that.
  • elphie754
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

It's called flourless chocolate cake. If it was possible to overdose on chocolate, this would definitely count lol. Definitely not an everyday indulgence because a small piece has enough calories for an entire day lol. Ingredients are basically-butter, eggs, sugar, cocoa, cholesterol morsels and a drop of vanilla extract. It is absolutely amazing!

I know you meant chocolate morsels, but I've read about flourless chocolate cake and cholesterol morsels sounds more accurate. :smiley:
    flourless-chocolate-cake.jpg

LMAO, even with rereading what I type, I missed that.
    Oh gosh. <3<3<3

You've made it 27 weeks. You're 3/4 of the way there, and your baby girl is healthy. Just hang in there a little bit longer. It will all be worth it.

hugging-animal.jpg

So cute!!!
    Elphie, I'm glad everything turned out well for you and the baby.

Thank you, so am I.

• elphie754
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    UUuPOWh.jpg

Part of a series here: http://imgur.com/gallery/KPAHB

Oh my goodness. The cuteness.... it hurts!!! I want them all!
  • hablondi
    hablondi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    One of my girlfriends experienced something similar when she was pregnant with her first. I believe it was called PUPP syndrome. Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but when you mentioned the hives it reminded me of this.

I had difficult pregnancies with my first and third and it's no fun at all so I can completely understand how frustrated you are feeling. As everyone keeps saying, pregnancy is temporary and you are more than half way there. Just hang on a little bit longer. ((((HUGS)))))

Yes! I thought the same thing when I read about the hives. I also had a friend who had PUPP and it was horrible. She was covered in hives and itched all the time. OP - have your doctors considered this as a possibility?
  • elphie754
    Options
    hablondi wrote: »
    One of my girlfriends experienced something similar when she was pregnant with her first. I believe it was called PUPP syndrome. Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but when you mentioned the hives it reminded me of this.

I had difficult pregnancies with my first and third and it's no fun at all so I can completely understand how frustrated you are feeling. As everyone keeps saying, pregnancy is temporary and you are more than half way there. Just hang on a little bit longer. ((((HUGS)))))

Yes! I thought the same thing when I read about the hives. I also had a friend who had PUPP and it was horrible. She was covered in hives and itched all the time. OP - have your doctors considered this as a possibility?

They have ruled it out because I don't have typical pattern of hives seen during PUPPs
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    hablondi wrote: »

Later in the thread she said her doctor ruled it out -- it isn't compatible with her symptoms.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    UUuPOWh.jpg

Part of a series here: http://imgur.com/gallery/KPAHB

Holy, that poor dog. Like a gumball machine! They are so cute though. My one had eight just before I got her. She was a good mom, but they were the dickens getting into trouble.

@elphie754 That cake sounds amazing!