If you won £1m or $1m....

Options

Replies

• BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Here I am and I want to be on top. Pass the fries please.

I'll eat all the nuggets, you eat all the fries, and we'll share a hot fudge sundae. This date just got better.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Pay off all debt, buy a house and go back to school for a Kinesiology degree to become a personal trainer and would probably add to that education by getting a degree in food and nutrition and work towards being a registered dietitian as well so I can be a well rounded trainer. I personally think it's a good way to spend that money although I bet I'd have a lot left over even after all that lol.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I would pay off all my and my daughters bills. I would buy a log cabin with wrap around porch on a mountain lake retreat, also buy a open concept modern home on the shore. I would take my daughter on her dream vacation to Europe. I would restore my current home to brand new condition and then give it to some family who has lost their home to fire like I did with the mortgage paid in full and give them a credit line at a furniture store so they could furnish the entire thing anyway they liked. I would travel like crazy!!!

I don't think $1 million is as much as you think it is

Way to piss on someones fantasy. Well played.

DREAM CRUSHER is what they call me!

And you're proud of that?

I'm proud that I am realistic yes.

So by "realistic" you mean unsupportive and trying to drag people back down to your level because their success scares you.

Gotcha.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Pay off some minor debt and student loans, do some remodeling on our house and yard and invest the crap out of the rest.
  • EnviousDan
    EnviousDan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I would pay off all my and my daughters bills. I would buy a log cabin with wrap around porch on a mountain lake retreat, also buy a open concept modern home on the shore. I would take my daughter on her dream vacation to Europe. I would restore my current home to brand new condition and then give it to some family who has lost their home to fire like I did with the mortgage paid in full and give them a credit line at a furniture store so they could furnish the entire thing anyway they liked. I would travel like crazy!!!

wow lol umm you cant piss on my cheerios because I am extremely frugal. I could achieve all this on a million and have money left to spare, didn't say I would not have to work the rest of my life and I would actually want to work because sitting home more then just in the summer is boring. I could buy 2 homes each less than 200k in full and keep enough in stocks to pay the taxes on dividends, then I would travel in an RV (maybe trick that out a bit) but the rest could be cheap. It can be done.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

So by "realistic" you mean unsupportive and trying to drag people back down to your level because their success scares you.

Gotcha.

LOL
    Wow

Their success scares me?
    WTF are you talking about??
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd put it all in savings and just keep working. Maybe buy a new car but that'd be it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man.

Peter, turn on channel 9!
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would build myself a tiny eco home near the ocean, then I'd travel, travel, travel! I have no interest in extravagant things, only life affirming experiences, so I wouldn't be buying any fancy things or a giant home. I'd also do what I could to help certain charities that help women, children and animals...
  • TyTy76
    Options

wow lol umm you cant piss on my cheerios because I am extremely frugal. I could achieve all this on a million and have money left to spare, didn't say I would not have to work the rest of my life and I would actually want to work because sitting home more then just in the summer is boring. I could buy 2 homes each less than 200k in full and keep enough in stocks to pay the taxes on dividends, then I would travel in an RV (maybe trick that out a bit) but the rest could be cheap. It can be done.

You're right

Good luck!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'd do two chicks at one time.

Can I be one of the two? All I want in return is sex and McDonald's chicken nuggets.

DONE!! Get in my van, and we'll go find another chick, hit McDonalds, and get this party started.

*sticks out thumb*
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

I'm confused as to why his comment is "pissing on someones fantasy," but this isn't:
    Well considering that Uncle Sam has to get his cut you're looking at $500,000. Then depending on how you decide to take the payment it could be a lot less.

They are essentially saying the same thing.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

I'm confused as to why his comment is "pissing on someones fantasy," but this isn't:
    Well considering that Uncle Sam has to get his cut you're looking at $500,000. Then depending on how you decide to take the payment it could be a lot less.

No because 1) it's true and 2) you omitted the part where I said that I would be left with enough money to buy gold and silver.:flowerforyou:

I never once told someone else that they didn't have enough money for their own fantasy of what they would do with $1M.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I would build a house, a modest house on a little land. Pay off all of my husbands and mine's debt, including student loans. Pay off my mom's house, and put back money for my 13 year old brother and my 1 year old son for college. I'd also take a honeymoon that my hubby and I never got to take, probably Ireland or Italy. Then put the rest back. Wouldn't quit my job. Although with all that, I don't know how much I would realistically have left.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

No because 1) it's true and 2) you omitted the part where I said that I would be left with enough money to buy gold and silver.:flowerforyou:

I never once told someone else that they didn't have enough money for their own fantasy of what they would do with $1M.

The second half of that post was irrelevant, hence the snip.

And by saying Uncle Sam is going to take 500 grand, you're telling me I don't have enough money for my own fantasy.
  • TyTy76
    Options

And by saying Uncle Sam is going to take 500 grand, you're telling me I don't have enough money for my own fantasy.

Logic.

*MIND BLOWN*
  • JustJennie1
    Options

If that's the way you want to look at it then there's not much I can say.

I am in no way belittling or making anyone's fantasy seem irrelevant no matter what the amount of money.

And I'm sure you're going to requote this and post some other thing to try and keep the argument going so I'm just going to agree to disagree with you.:flowerforyou:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for pounds - no tax to pay if it's a lottery win.

As for the post being discussed, if it was a small house and small debts, even with half a mil, I think "open concept modern home on the shore" is the only bit pushing it.

Me, I'd look to make a new motorhome (currently a 7.5t lorry) from an 18t+ lorry to my own design (it's gonna have more floor area than some apartments... been day dreaming about this for years :) ), making sure I keep a good chunk back to pay for the fuel needed to get it around and go travelling a bit.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    if i get 1 million dollars,i am gonna go out with one of the hotties from mfp:drinker: .And No,its not cuz i think all of them are shallow or smthin.

C'mon, Sam. You don't need a million dollars for that. Just your dashing smile.
    :flowerforyou: