Foodss To Eat That Will Help You Gain Weight Fast?

Options
Hi, I Weight 130 Pounds. Im Tryna Make It To 150 In 3months Help Me Please & Thank You

Replies

• newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Caloric densed food: peanut butter, nutella, etc.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    20lbs in 3 months is too fast. You will gain mainly fat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi, I Weight 130 Pounds. Im Tryna Make It To 150 In 3months Help Me Please & Thank You

why in 3 months?
  • OhioStateRedJB
    OhioStateRedJB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its It Possible To Do In 3months
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

All fat yes.. muscle no. You'd be lucky to see 5 lbs of muscle in that time.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain weight too. I'm working with a diet coach and he suggested only .5 lbs./week. You should gain the weight SLOWLY otherwise, the weight you gain will be mostly fat. I'm on a high protein/high carb/mod fat diet.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Nuts yes, Nutella no. Nutella's number one ingredient is sugar, which I really don't have a problem with but number two ingredient is palm oil. However Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread is delicious and it's number one ingredient is hazelnuts with a second ingredient of almonds. I'd also eat a lot of meat if I wanted to gain fast.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    Nuts yes, Nutella no. Nutella's number one ingredient is sugar, which I really don't have a problem with but number two ingredient is palm oil. However Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread is delicious and it's number one ingredient is hazelnuts with a second ingredient of almonds. I'd also eat a lot of meat if I wanted to gain fast.

There is nothing wrong with oils or sugars.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with oils or sugars.

Some people have an issue with palm oil though,not sure why .
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

"The industry is linked to major issues such as deforestation, habitat degradation, climate change, animal cruelty and indigenous rights abuses in the countries where it is produced, as the land and forests must be cleared for the development of the oil palm plantations."

http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/Whats_the_issue.php

There is certified sustainable palm oil movement.
    http://www.rspo.org/about/sustainable-palm-oil
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Everything with high calories, stay away from sugar though.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    dfc4 wrote: »
    Everything with high calories, stay away from sugar though.

Nothing wrong with sugar. It can support muscle recorvery and is anti catabolic which can help limit protein breakdown. Doesn't mean you should snort sugsr but it can be utilized very effectively in a cut or bulk.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

if you want to gain 85% fat, then yes it is possible...not sure that would be desirable though ..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Eat a large pizza for lunch and dinner. That's part of how I put on weight fast.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »

"The industry is linked to major issues such as deforestation, habitat degradation, climate change, animal cruelty and indigenous rights abuses in the countries where it is produced, as the land and forests must be cleared for the development of the oil palm plantations."

http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/Whats_the_issue.php

There is certified sustainable palm oil movement.
    http://www.rspo.org/about/sustainable-palm-oil

Thank you. I wasn't being critical by the way :smile: Good to know, thanks
  • rosem30
    rosem30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Smoothies and shakes can be super high in calories, also nuts like pistachios and cashews are very high on calories
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Snack on nuts, one small pouch is like 300 cal. Peanut butter on toast is also really dense in calories.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Eat a large pizza for lunch and dinner. That's part of how I put on weight fast.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Dammit, now I want pizza. Not enough room today though. I don't do "some pizza". I either do "a pizza" or none at all. There's always tomorrow though. \o/