What do you have your AC set at?

Options

Replies

• nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    65 and ice cold at night or I can't sleep. Daytime? 70 if I remember to turn it up. My husband works at a power plant. lol

My feelings exactly! Need it cool to sleep!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
  • cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We have ours around the mid to upper 60's. I would prefer it in the lower 60's, but I gotta compromise with my husband.
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I live in rural Japan, and I'm pretty sure I'm stuck in a time warp. No such thing as AC here...only sucks on the rare really hot days. Summer is apparently nothing but rainy and chilly. Thanks to our weather coming from Siberia, not really much to worry about. We just sweat it out. :)
  • nsaglian
    Options
    Low 60's

You got, man!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I compromise. She likes it colder so I have it set at 64. I just go into my office and open up the windows to warm it up a bit.

Opposite of us.
    He wants it set at "meat locker".
    But we compromise at 70 to try to and keep the upstairs bedrooms cool.
    I wear sweats in the house or go outside to warm up. :tongue:
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Dude, that's below freezing!

How do you do it??
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
  • nsaglian
    Options
    Grounds for divorce!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    80F here, but we turn it down to 78 at night as we both like it cooler. When we aren't home, 81/82. We'd turn it off if we didn't have cats :)
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    at home i keep it at 72.

at work is in the high 90s right now.
  • rahrah97
    rahrah97 Posts: 2
    Options
    No AC in Alaska :( Luckily there are only a few days a year where the temps would call for it. We just have to suck it up those days :)
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    We don't do 'A/C' as a rule in the UK :wink: :laugh:

Tell me about it, we don't really need it much. I bought a large portable aircon about 7 or 8 years ago during a particularly hot weekend and since then I doubt if we've had more than about 15-20 days' use out of it. It's working now downstairs where my wife is, though I'm working in my office upstairs without any benefit!

I'm waiting for global warming to happen so I can get my money's worth :laugh:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I live in Japan and the recommended environmentally friendly temp is 28 C for the air conditioner. 82.4 F. Feels pretty cool.
    Compared to the humid outside.

So do you run your a.c. when your not home?? Why?

I live in Thailand, so am right with you on the humidity issue. 28c is absolutely fine, although our aircon units are placed directly opposite the bed and the sofa, so even at 28, it can feel chilly being right in the path of the blast!

To be honest though, even when the temp. outside is 38+, I prefer fans to aircon. AC makes me feel ill, and gives me headaches, plus, it's a bit of a shock to go from a cool apartment to really hot and humid outside! And, as everyone else has pointed out, it's really expensive to run!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    We don't do 'A/C' as a rule in the UK :wink: :laugh:

Tell me about it, we don't really need it much. I bought a large portable aircon about 7 or 8 years ago during a particularly hot weekend and since then I doubt if we've had more than about 15-20 days' use out of it. It's working now downstairs where my wife is, though I'm working in my office upstairs without any benefit!

I'm waiting for global warming to happen so I can get my money's worth :laugh:

Too right. All these people whingeing about the heat and burning fuel to refrigerate their houses.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I kept the old house at 71. New house won't go under 76 or so if it's 100+ outside.
  • BodyBrainSpirit
    Options
    Don't have one.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    When I have the AC set to "cool" mode, usually around 75 degrees but my husband would prefer it at 64 which is the lowest it goes. :frown: I freeze in about 2 minutes once the display hits the lower 70s.

I have the fan mode on now and the thermostat reads "80" but it feels cooler than 80. Now if I stepped outside, it's 101 degrees out there. :noway:
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's set at 73, but I know once it's after noon it will have a hard time trying to keep it that cool, so I'll have to adjust it.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I could do with 72, but HD insists 68.