What do you have your AC set at?

Options

Replies

• RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    During the day it is set to 76 degrees. Around the time I get home from work it will reset itself to 74 degrees. And at bed time it resets again to 72. I like being colder when I sleep. If it wasnt so expensive, ideally I would keep it in the high 60s!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    76, my A/C actually operates more efficiently at 76 than 78.
  • peggymas
    peggymas Posts: 17
    Options
    we keep ours at 78 and are doing good with that
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    In the current heat and humidity, 22 C (71.6 F). We haven't used our air conditioning up until this week, however.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And, as everyone else has pointed out, it's really expensive to run!

I barely turned on my heat all winter and since I've had to run the AC 24/7 the last two months, my bill went up $30.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I like 74ish during the day and 72 at night to sleep. I'd personally have it lower but my SO is always cold, plus it hikes up the bill!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    If I can't cut diamond with my nipples, it's not cold enough.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    75 during normal awake hours and 72-73 at night, to compromise with my house mates. :p
    Torture at first since my dude and I are polar bears, but we've gotten slightly more used to it.
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    It's 95 and super humid today, gonna be even hotter tomorrow. No A/C at my house. Pretty much want to die.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 69 to 72.

We have 2 floors n a basement. We're military and live on base. The housing is FAR from perfect..so if you want the upstairs to feel anywhere close to 75 you need it turned to 69-72 otherwise it's really hot up there while it's FREEZING downstairs lol
  • Halcyon3608
    Halcyon3608 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    All we have in our 1-bedroom apartment is an ancient wall-mounted unit in the living room. In general, we only run it on days when the temperature goes above ~84, and even then only between the time we get home from work and the time we go to bed. Our standard technique is to open up all the windows with box fans blowing inwards overnight, turning the fans around in the morning when we leave for work, but the temperature for the last few days has been in the upper 80s to low 90s with heat indexes about 10 degrees higher, and it's too hot and muggy overnight to open the windows. So, we've had to leave it running 24/7 otherwise our apartment would be all but unlivable. I have the one dial set to low cool, and the other dial set to 3 when we're out of the apartment, 5 when we're home. This keeps our apartment in the mid- to high 70s in the living room and the high 70s to very low 80s in the rest of the apartment. We make use of an extensive network of fans to try and move some of the cold air into the rest of the apartment. I'd like it colder, but we just can't afford it. I am dreading this month's electricity bill!
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    When no one is home, I set it at 75. At 8pm, its set to 60. But, I'm always keeping an eye on it via Nest.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    71, up from 69,, where we had it last year. 68 at night. I don't handle cold in the same way as I did when I was much heavier.
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    We don't have AC in the UK :sad: and none of us can cope at the moment because it's so hot!

I have a tiny little fan whirring away in my apartment. It's pathetic :laugh:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We have a large window unit downstairs in my home office set at 62°F -- sounds cold, but it cools the entire downstairs and helps keep the humidity even (I have expensive harps that need protecting :smile: ), and that will get shut off for the hours we're upstairs sleeping. For the upstairs, we have a window unit in the bedroom set to MAX COLD because I can't sleep without blankets!
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    64 but only because I'm under lots of covers and trying to go to sleep. Wait...I'm not trying very hard to go to sleep or I wouldn't be on here!!!
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Right now its 88 and climbing. My AC is set at 74.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I normally keep it set at 80, I tend to be pretty cold natured (even before the weight loss), but hot flashes and night sweats have settled in, so I've had to lower it, last night I lowered it to 77, still woke up soaking wet. Grrrr!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    when i lived in maryland it would be set around 72 since we had high humidity. now i live in phoenix and 78-80 is comfortable even on days when its 119 like it was a couple weeks ago since our humidity is so low.