Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pregnancy brain moment

Whenever I hear people talk about pregnancy brain, I never believed it, especially since I hadn't experienced it yet. After making something to eat just now, I can completely understand. One of my favorite, easy to make meals is rice with powdered chicken bullion and butter, it makes kind of like a chicken flavored rice.

So I make my food and all is well and good. I gonto sit down to eat to realize I didn't put chicken flavoring on my rice. I put butter and powdered diet caffeine free Lipton iced tea mix on my rice...

I really can't say I reccomend it lol.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    I'm 26 weeks and couldn't remember how to shut off the shower the other day.

Oh no!! Lol.
  • elphie754
    Hahaaa oh no! Did you see the recent study which says baby brain can last for up to 2 years?

No I haven't, Not good. I really hope I don't experience that. This is first episode I've had and I'm almost 28 weeks, so hoping I don't have
    Any more episodes of that lol.
  • elphie754
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Just wait until mom brain hits, lol. With four under ten I haven't had a coherent thought in ages :P

Hahaha. I have a friend who has 4 little ones all under 6. She sometimes forgets she having a conversation with an adult and starts taking like the way she does with her kids.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Ohh no!! I used to put my phone in the fridge.. multiple times :D

Oh ya and then there's Mom brain.. sleep deprivation plus being pulled in multiple directions at once.. it's just great :p
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,013 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    I have this, but I'm not pregnant.
    c7f.gif

That's how I feel when people post about the "Mommy pouch". I have that. Minus the pregnancy and babies.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Oh ya and then there's Mom brain.. sleep deprivation plus being pulled in multiple directions at once.. it's just great :p

Whoops lol.

When I was on painkillers for wisdom tooth removal 6 years ago, I had quite a few moments like this. I was home alone and was asked to feed the cat. No problem! Took out the canned cat food while I also prepared my own dinner. Well I managed to give the cat my dinner and went to sit down on the couch about to eat the cats food when I was like wait! Something isn't right here. My family still makes fun of me for it.

Ahhh! :D On the plus side at least you didn't start eating it? (Right??) :p
  • elphie754

Whoops lol.

When I was on painkillers for wisdom tooth removal 6 years ago, I had quite a few moments like this. I was home alone and was asked to feed the cat. No problem! Took out the canned cat food while I also prepared my own dinner. Well I managed to give the cat my dinner and went to sit down on the couch about to eat the cats food when I was like wait! Something isn't right here. My family still makes fun of me for it.

Ahhh! :D On the plus side at least you didn't start eating it? (Right??) :p

No, thankfully I realized that I had not made shredded chicken and chicken liver for dinner. Poor cat was also confused. He just sat looking at his bowl like---uhhhh why did you feed me mashed potatoes?
    And then comes menopause brain. I went on and on about my haircut today. My husband looked confused. Because, well, I had an eye exam, complete with dilation.

Omg! I could see me doing this.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Just wait until mom brain hits, lol. With four under ten I haven't had a coherent thought in ages :P

I had three in diapers at once for a short time - that is insanity. :o:# Mom brain kicks in immediately. It did not take long to start going through everyone's name until I got to the one I wanted. Now I just point and tell them, "You know. That thing I want." Usually they know what I mean. :p A lifetime of brain change. Embrace it! LOL
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Don't worry, you and the stove aren't best of friends anyway :)

I check the fridge when I can't find something, and quite often try answering the phone by picking up the tv remote.

I can't even blame it on menopause, way past it, or baby brain, way, way past it, I have always done it.
    I also do noun yoga- if I can't think of a word I 'pose' it, or call it thingy.

Luckily my whole family is the same. (we have understanding SOs)

Cheers, h.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member

I took a shower wearing glasses shortly after giving birth to my first.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited December 2016
    zyxst wrote: »
    I have this, but I'm not pregnant.
    c7f.gif

Oh me too! Yesterday I was staring at my screen for ages because I couldn't remember how to put an attachment on an email - turns out you have to click "reply" first :-/

@elphie754 I haven't commented on any of your threads, but I've read them and just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy and hope you feel better soon xx
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    t9kjuk7zbbhl.png
    Just had to share this from a site I visit to get an LOL from when needed. It just fit too perfectly.

PERFECT!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Bloody marvellous.
    I had a good couple of brain farts over Christmas and each time I thought of you and thought 'wow elphie754 has nothing to worry about'.

Yup, love the dog/cat food.

Cheers, h.