Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pregnancy brain moment

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Bloody marvellous.
    I had a good couple of brain farts over Christmas and each time I thought of you and thought 'wow elphie754 has nothing to worry about'.

Yup, love the dog/cat food.

Cheers, h.

It does help one feel normal...ish. :D
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    Just wait until mom brain hits, lol. With four under ten I haven't had a coherent thought in ages :P

I took a shower wearing glasses shortly after giving birth to my first.

Haha, me too!

I'm trying to battle it now, but I keep forgetting simple words that I use all the time.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    I had a doctor tell me that it was just stress and not the beginning of Alzheimer
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Okay-another giggle moment today, and definitely a Freudian slip.

I was making breakfast this morning for everyone, which included toast. So I casually asked SOs if they would like "butter, peanut butter or KY Jelly" on their toast. Both just looked at me like I had lost my damn mind. I was like-what?? They go-"What kind of Jelly??" I go "grape, why? We don't have any other type". They then told me what I had actually said. Whoops!!

Just like iced tea rice, I wouldn't recommend KY jelly toast.

What's wrong with Kentucky jelly? :laugh:

I keep forgetting names of things lately, and I have no excuse. No pregnancy, no kids, no menopause.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Okay-another giggle moment today, and definitely a Freudian slip.

I was making breakfast this morning for everyone, which included toast. So I casually asked SOs if they would like "butter, peanut butter or KY Jelly" on their toast. Both just looked at me like I had lost my damn mind. I was like-what?? They go-"What kind of Jelly??" I go "grape, why? We don't have any other type". They then told me what I had actually said. Whoops!!

Just like iced tea rice, I wouldn't recommend KY jelly toast.

What's wrong with Kentucky jelly? :laugh:

I keep forgetting names of things lately, and I have no excuse. No pregnancy, no kids, no menopause.
    Lol. I'm constantly calling things by the wrong name now. We just went grocery shopping, and I had butter in my hands. I turn to my female SO and go "this is the flavor pudding you wanted right?" Her face was priceless.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    edited December 2016
    @elphie754 You have brought a smile to dial today. Love the experiences of all sharing so much, at least you know you aren't alone and it may be the beginning of a general down hill slide into spouting nonsense.

Good point to know that your actions will now become stories that evolve into family legends and will provide hilarity for many generations. ;)

My 1st Mum moment was a doozy. Baby #1, first outing....Lordy I had to pack so much stuff that it looked like I was going away for a week. Last minute check: Nappies, spare clothes, bottles, more spare nappies etc (you get the picture)....

Proudly drove away after carefully locking the house. 2 blocks away had a niggling thought I had forgotten something.....

You guessed it I left the kid at home :o

Jeebus - Now see the ETA 'cause spelling :p
  • elphie754
    @elphie754 You have brought a smile to dial today. Love the experiences of all sharing so much, at least you know you aren't alone and it may be the beginning of a general down hill slide into spouting nonsense.

Good point to know that your actions will now become stories that evolve into family legends and will provide hilarity for many generations. ;)

My 1st Mum moment was a doozy. Baby #1, first outing....Lordy I had to pack so much stuff that it looked like I was going away for a week. Last minute check: Nappies, spare clothes, bottles, more spare nappies etc (you get the picture)....

Proudly drove away after carefully locking the house. 2 blocks away had a niggling thought I had forgotten something.....

Hahahahahahaha! That would totally be something I would do. I've accidentally started out to the vet with and empty cat carrier before. I didn't realize they were escape artists. I realized it as I got in the elevator and the carrier wasn't meowing.
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2017
    I feel like I never really recovered from it entirely! My memory is definitely not what it was. I was relieved to know it was an actual thing and I wasn't losing my mind haha.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited January 2017
    After 6 kids, I'm surprised I know my own name. :laugh:
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Don't feel to bad, my parents left my oldest sister (there first child) on a pinball machine at a convenient store and 7 years later my other sister was born in the parking lot of that store lol.

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    @Rebecca0224 Thank you

I did finally get over the guilt and now it is a story along with other such gems as:

Drove into town with a kids boogie board (little surf board thingy) stuck by the ankle strap into the boot. Bright fluoro green board and I didn't even see it....must have looked like a dodgey cape.

Getting home from shopping forgot 1 bag (and of course it was the bag full of expensive stuff) that was at the back of the car right in line with the tyres. Got back in to said car, reversed over bag, thought OMG I have run over the cat!! then proceeded to put car in 1st and re-drive over 'veggie' 'cat' bag.....

My brain has gone to mush...I admit it. Next step for me is attaching a hankie to my top, also sticking a name tag and return address to me. You know, just in case :p
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I will add my menopausal moment which are very similar to pregnancy moments...

Looking desperately for your cell phone, when you are talking on it!

My son literally couldn't get ahold of himself. I'm like "son I can't find my cell phone, I just had it in my hands".

He never lets me live that one down.
  • elphie754
    I will add my menopausal moment which are very similar to pregnancy moments...

Looking desperately for your cell phone, when you are talking on it!

My son literally couldn't get ahold of himself. I'm like "son I can't find my cell phone, I just had it in my hands".

He never lets me live that one down.

Lol. Something similar happened with my father. He was visiting and "lost" the tv remote. We took the entire couch apart, searched under all the furniture, etc. That's when my SO noticed my dad had something in his hand... he had been holding the remote the entire time.
  • nutmegoreo
    I couldn't find my glasses one day, just to realize that I wouldn't have been able to look for them as well as I was without them being on my face.

I also woke up one morning, having fallen asleep with my contact lenses in, thinking that I had somehow miraculously regained my full vision.
  • leanjogreen18
    I couldn't find my glasses one day, just to realize that I wouldn't have been able to look for them as well as I was without them being on my face.

I also woke up one morning, having fallen asleep with my contact lenses in, thinking that I had somehow miraculously regained my full vision.

hahahahahaha I love it!!!!
  • nutmegoreo

I was so excited! And then heartbroken.

It was better than the morning I had awoken after sleeping funny and was convinced I had a stroke in the middle of the night because I couldn't move my left arm.
  • leanjogreen18

I was so excited! And then heartbroken.

It was better than the morning I had awoken after sleeping funny and was convinced I had a stroke in the middle of the night because I couldn't move my left arm.

hahahaha. Stop it, please:) - I've had 2 glasses of wine and you have me giggling like a school girl:).

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Try having bipolar, PTSD all the anxieties brain! The other week, when I was at, what I call, peak mental, I found the salt grinder in the fridge. I never remember the right word or the right name. Language, or the English language, is one of my big passions and yet, three years post breakdown, I struggle with my native tongue (and speak on other so am totally screwed!).

I've even been know to look at someone I have known my entire life square in the face and completely and utterly forget their name.

Ah brains, curious things.