Vegan Lifestyle

Options
2»

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My advice: use a pressure cooker (I like Instapot for its versatility, but before that I used a $20 stovetop pressure cooker). Canned pulses are great, but overtime it's easy to get bored from the lack of variety.
    I also recommend the book "Quick Fix Vegetarian" by Robin Robertson (don't be fooled by the title, the recipes are vegan) - the recipes are simple and do work, besides there is a great introduction about a well stocked vegan pantry.
    Yeah, I use the IP for beans and find they taste better because I can use my own spice blend.

You could also make veggie stock and nut based yogurts.

• JENJULY1984
    JENJULY1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm hoping to adopt a much more plant based whole foods diet in 2017 for health and ethical reasons. I'd love to think I could go mostly/fully vegan. We'll see how it goes.
    Merry Christmas
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love love love veestro. They are a bit expensive but their food is so tasty.
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    BethC1979 wrote: »
    Stir fry. Whatever veg I have and maybe some tofu. Top with a little soy sauce and serve either as is or over rice.

This is a must and I do it frequently. Delish
  • Ila1227
    Ila1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thought I replied so forgive me if this is repeat. Bowls are great. Rice or quinoa and steamed veggies topped with vegan sauce. I use yumm sauce or miso ginger dressing. It can be peanut sauce whatever