Just tried my fist quest bar

Options
Double chocolate chunk and it was disgusting yuk yuk yuk. It's rated by many as one of the best flavours and I love choc but this was just no. Urgh

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of their chocolate flavors, or any of the peanut butter.

But the coconut cashew, white chocolate raspberry, or lemon cream pie. Yes, please!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Their cookie dough is my fave. Especially heated up in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I don't like the chocolate ones either. I like the Cookies N Cream, Smores, Cookie Dough, and a few other flavors. Normally I'm a big choc fan but definitely don't like the Quest ones (or the Quest with peanut butter, they also don't taste good to me).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I like coconut cashew, and mint chocolate, and cookie dough. Nothing else.

The Kirkland bars are TOOOOOOOOOO sweet, but are much cheaper.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the chocolate bars. I like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (the actual bar is not chocolate) and the Cookies and Cream. Also, Blueberry Muffin is phenomenal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    I'm sorry.

Heh. I have a box on hand. I eat em.
  • aquadolly_
    aquadolly_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't really care for the Quest bars. Some have kind of a nougat texture and taste and don't really love it. I prefer the FitJoy protein bars or if I have a very bad sweet tooth I love the Square Organics bars, which are like a candy bar to me.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    daltontf wrote: »
    I like Costco Kirkland protein bars. I've heard Quest bars are a lot like them. There are only two flavors Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

I LOVE the Kirkland protein bars. They're so filling and so satisfying. I won't waste my money on quest bars after I found these.

They have almost identical macros to Quest and are 1/4 to 1/3 the price for me (Canadian). I don't love the flavours (in Quest I like the apple pie, banana nut muffin, cinnamon roll...) but the cost savings is worth eating boring chocolate protein bars as I have one for breakfast every morning.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are OK in my opinion but nothing special.

Grenade carbkilla bars are the best ones I've ever had. 30 seconds in the microwave makes them even better!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the chocolate bars. I like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (the actual bar is not chocolate) and the Cookies and Cream. Also, Blueberry Muffin is phenomenal.

+1 for the Blueberry Muffin, though I could take or leave the other two.

My personal favorites were always Mixed Berry, Vanilla Almond, Coconut Cashew, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (newer), and Cinnamon Roll. The new Rocky Road is pretty solid too, imo.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    That changed Quest formula ended my love affair with them. I can't handle the aftertaste they have now. I used to love the chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry flavors. They're terrible now.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The only ones I like are chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry and cinnamon roll, but even so I didn't like them at all when I first tried them. I kept trying them anyway since I'd purchased a box and found they grow on you (well, me, anyway).

After a phase of eating them a bunch I rarely do now, though.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've personally never understood the obsession with Quest bars...they're just meh IMO...as are any of those bars. I keep Cliff Bars on hand for taking hiking or when I need something in a pinch, but it's definitely not some kind of go to snack...I'd rather just eat something good.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the Quest bars. Clif white chocolate/macadamia for me. :)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of the Quest bars' flavors and the amount of fiber really did a "number" on me. No thank you. I buy Pure Protein bars from Costco but I only have half with my afternoon coffee because I do think that they are too sweet for my taste. I don't use bars as a replacement meal either.