1/24/17: 213.0
    1/31/17: 210.2
    2/7/17: 208.4
    2/14/17: 210.4
    2/21/17: 212.0
    Lost Gained this week: 1.6
    Total weight lost: 1.0

This week's successes: None.
    This week's challenges: I’m so frustrated with myself. I still haven’t been able to get back into the swing of things after my illness, and I was doing so well, too. I’m not sure what’s going on with me. I’m finally feeling almost back to 100% and I still can’t get my act together. It’s depressing. I’ve almost undone all of my hard work at this point. I almost didn’t even get on the scale on my weigh in day, but I forced myself to, I was hoping that it would help push me to do better. It didn’t. I ate horribly again yesterday. Not sure where to go from here. I’m close to giving up.
  • homeschoolmom77
    homeschoolmom77 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    gelahope wrote: »

This week's challenges: I’m so frustrated with myself. I still haven’t been able to get back into the swing of things after my illness, and I was doing so well, too. I’m not sure what’s going on with me. I’m finally feeling almost back to 100% and I still can’t get my act together. It’s depressing. I’ve almost undone all of my hard work at this point. I almost didn’t even get on the scale on my weigh in day, but I forced myself to, I was hoping that it would help push me to do better. It didn’t. I ate horribly again yesterday. Not sure where to go from here. I’m close to giving up.

Please don't give up! Just the fact that you came on and wrote today tells me that you want this. I sometimes get frustrated too. I am not making the progress I want, and see that so many others are having what seems to be an easier time of it. But then I remind myself that the weight didn't go on overnight. The habits that I have developed didn't become habits overnight either. My suggestion would be to keep trying. Maybe try to look at it differently. Instead of expecting everything to change, or even telling yourself that you didn't succeed, try positive thoughts. Set one goal this week that you know you can do. For me I woke up today after a couple of bad eating days and decided I was going to try my best. I was also going succeed in drinking all my water today. Once I have mastered that for a couple of days I will set another goal. To succeed we need not only to lose the weight, we need to build new habits. You are worth this effort, don't give up on yourself. You can do this. If you are interested friend me, I would walk with you on your journey. You can do this! Have a great day! You are worth it!
  • teicu1
    teicu1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    gelahope wrote: »
    When I was ~2 weeks into this challenge, I strained my lower back and I’ve now spent ~6 weeks mostly immobilized, living in my recliner. I just managed to fight my weight back down to ~1 pound under my start weight, so I’m now 7 pounds short of target. My back problems are diminishing and hopefully fading away, so 3/1 is going to be my new “start date” and my goal is to fight my way back to being on target (which means a couple months of losing 2 pounds/week). I appreciate your frustration, depression and disappointment because that’s been the last 6 weeks of my life.

Don’t give up. Refocus on your goals, put past discouragements behind you and do your best to get back on the wagon. If you can pull it off, your body will thank you and the happiness and satisfaction you’ll achieve will dwarf the way you feel right now. Best of luck with it.
  • dabeck62
    dabeck62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "I’m so frustrated with myself."

As you can see by the multiple responses, we've all been there. I agree with homeschoolmom77, at least you held yourself accountable and got on the scale and reported in. That says a lot about your commitment to your health. I gave you an "insightful" because you are in tune with your feelings. Knowing yourself and why you do things can be half the battle. Good luck! We are all in this together.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    This is the first challenge I've engaged in. It feels a little scary to join a community and hold myself accountable, due to the possibility of failure, but it feels good to know I'm at a place where I'm willing to take that step. Hi everybody!

Hi @Shutyerlips

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    @Kimdbro I noticed our starting/current stats are remarkably close. Good luck to you, too bad eating grapes doesn't give the same effect as wine with fewer calories, LoL

I used to drink a LOT of beer, but quit drinking in 2005. I figured I had drunk WAY over my quota at age 57.