Options
13»

Replies

• DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My SW was 155lbs.

I have a small frame, so starting with that my goal weight was 135lbs- which looked good on me as I was moderately toned. I dropped down to 130lbs and still felt good. I had a 27" waist.

This was easy to maintain for 5 months or so.

About two months ago I started to want to build more muscle.. so I have been working on my body Composition.

I weigh 136lbs now ( + 6lbs muscle ) and have 25.5 inch waist.

It's not all about weight! :smile:

Happy training! :wink:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Good point @DanniPants6 - women can indeed look better at higher weights when they have a higher percentage of muscle:

1u2qmmnusoef.jpg

(I saw this here on the forums; this is not me.)

• glassjailer
    glassjailer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'10" here with a very large frame. My current weight is 167, my goal is around 150, but I'm not sure how that is gonna go. I've been focusing on lifting and building muscle, and my weight is going up despite my calorie deficit. But! My muscles are getting bigger! :)
    Despite being 17-25 lbs over what many sources say I should weigh, I wear a size 6-8 jean and look pretty trim. Not completely happy with my body just yet but working on it.

My highest weight was around 250, so I'm definitely getting there!

And if I were to be 128-135, I would look gaunt! I guess it all depends on what is best for each body!
  • IsMeliFitYet
    IsMeliFitYet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'9 currently 261 and goal weight is 160.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 9.5
    (176 cm)

I've maintained my goal weight of 135 lbs since April, after losing 80 lbs in 12 months.

I'm a runner, and I settled at this weight when things stopped bouncing and weighing me down when I ran.
  • redpath15
    redpath15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'9" and currently 137lbs. Still feel as though I have a tummy to lose and would like to tone up (heaviest weight was 206) loose skin etc, not sure what weight aiming for - looking to incorporate some weight training into fitness work so weight may increase.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'8. Starting weight in July 2012 was 228. Current weight is 175. Goal weight is 140-145.

Once I'm down into the 140's it's really going to be more of a focus on my training than weight loss. I do have a bigger build so I'm not sure 140 is going to look or feel great on me. But I am focusing on my athletic performance so at this point I'm just building that up while knowing I still need to lose a solid 20+ pounds, so my nutrition is key too.

Being an athlete, I've seen ladies my height 130-140 who look amazing. They are extremely fit and muscular. I get crap all the time when I say my goal weight is 140....but it is not unrealistic. I do not get too caught up on the exact number and it will be a assess my performance and how I feel when I get there type of thing.....all I know is at my current weight I still have a muffin top, love handles, and big thighs.
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 160. I'll see what that looks like on me and then tweak it if needed ... I have extremely broad shoulders and hips so going lower might leave me looking strange lol
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" as well. Currently 245, targeting 165-170. Beyond that will be bonus.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'10". Starting weight was 211, current weight is 147, goal weight was 150. My body fat is approx 25% at the moment, so 140 would probably look fine on me (but I'm focusing on recomp). I do have a very small frame though, tiny wrists. My measurements have gone from 42/36/47 to 34/26/38. In 2.5 years.
  • NicoleIsEnough
    NicoleIsEnough Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' with a starting weight of 265+ in September, currently at 235, and I've got several goal weights. I'd like to get to 199 first, then down to 165. Depending on body composition at that time, I might shoot for 150, and then re-evaluate. I've gone through this process before and got down to 175 before I got pregnant and life happened. I was down to 130 in high school when I was anorexic and a size 2-4. I know it wasn't healthy and there's no way i could maintain it. I want to try and avoid those unhealthy behaviors from creeping back into my life.
  • xNandychanx
    xNandychanx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 150lb. My current weight is 297, down from 334.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Current weight 233, starting weight 268 I set my goals in 5 pound increments but ultimately I would like to get under 200 then go from there.

Same here! My starting weight was 267 and current weight is 252. My main goal is to just get under 200 and see what happens from there.