How many calories did you eat to lose weight?

2»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    2700-2900 to lose.

BUT.. I was nursing and pretty active.

There are lots of factors that affect your TDEE. Everyone is different.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I eat 1000 to 1200 Calories for the last 3 weeks. Started at 14st 6lbs today I am 13st 6lbs. I take the dog for a 20 minute walk every day and train work out once a week. I eat until I am full which isn't much now. I eat lots of salads, fresh whole chicken, fresh prawns and lots of pressed fruit juice 600ml a day. Every few days I will have a treat like peanut butter on toast but staying away from unhealthy snacks like pastries, cakes, chocolate and potatoes. I feel good and always eat if I am hungry. I plan on losing another 8lbs and increasing calories to the 1800 mark. I exhert between 2300 and 3000 a day according to my fit bit watch.

you are not supposed to eat under 1500 unless under the care of a dr. you should be and can be losing on more calories than you are. if you are burning 2300-3000 calories per day you are netting negative numbers most days. not good.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I avgeraged around 2000 calories (total, not net) for the majority of my weight loss. Even now that I'm working on a 10 lb regain, I am trying to get my average down to 2000.

From what other posters have said, have you considered that your severe restriction days (days were you are under 1000) are leading to your binges and creating a cycle?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I avgeraged around 2000 calories (total, not net) for the majority of my weight loss. Even now that I'm working on a 10 lb regain, I am trying to get my average down to 2000.

From what other posters have said, have you considered that your severe restriction days (days were you are under 1000) are leading to your binges and creating a cycle?

From a personal perspective, I can 100% guarantee you that a 300-calorie day for me would lead to a binge of epic proportions the following day.

Me too, it would definitely set off a yo-yo cycle.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Thanks for all the comments and advice. I struggle with binge eating and I'm constantly starting over when it comes to eating healthy so I'm I'm constantly looking for advice and ways to get myself motivated. Thanks again for your helpful and understanding comments. :-)

I have mentioned this to you before, and I will stop after this. With binge eating it is going to be important that you are not over restrictive with your calorie goals. 1200 is just going to set you up to continue on that binge/restrict cycle.

Log your calories consistently, use the food scale with everything that isn't water or milk. Have a reasonable target. When the binges happen, they can wipe out your deficit. It is better to hit a higher target consistently than it is to hit a low one for a few days and then binge.

Are you working with a treatment team for the BED? If not, consider doing that to help get to the roots of that issue as well. Work towards finding a healthy balance in your life. It's there, but it takes work.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments and advice. I struggle with binge eating and I'm constantly starting over when it comes to eating healthy so I'm I'm constantly looking for advice and ways to get myself motivated. Thanks again for your helpful and understanding comments. :-)

I have mentioned this to you before, and I will stop after this. With binge eating it is going to be important that you are not over restrictive with your calorie goals. 1200 is just going to set you up to continue on that binge/restrict cycle.

Log your calories consistently, use the food scale with everything that isn't water or milk. Have a reasonable target. When the binges happen, they can wipe out your deficit. It is better to hit a higher target consistently than it is to hit a low one for a few days and then binge.

Are you working with a treatment team for the BED? If not, consider doing that to help get to the roots of that issue as well. Work towards finding a healthy balance in your life. It's there, but it takes work.
    Absolutely agreed.

AnvilHead wrote: »

From a personal perspective, I can 100% guarantee you that a 300-calorie day for me would lead to a binge of epic proportions the following day.

Same here.