You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

When you see a post like this and think, wow, I was out of high school for 4 years, ten years ago. And then immediately hate the original poster.
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I had a chick I worked with at pizza hut right after I graduated college tell me that she didn't know what Sesame Street was. REALLY?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You're driving somewhere at 10pm and see some kids walking and find yourself thinking, "What are they doing? Don't they know it's a school night?"
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

When you see a post like this and think, wow, I was out of high school for 4 years, ten years ago. And then immediately hate the original poster.

25th reunion is this year. Geeez, I'm old! But I still play HARD!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    When you are pointing out to teens that the cool music they are listening to are remakes from hits when I was young
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    I took my son to see The Lone Ranger and was telling him about the original. He asked if it was a movie or on TV when it first aired. I told him it was on radio. He'd never heard of radio shows.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

25th reunion is this year. Geeez, I'm old! But I still play HARD!

My 40th is coming up in a couple of years....

I think the first time I realized I was getting old was when I started channeling my parents... "You call that #*%(& music?" and "Why on earth are you going to take FRENCH? We live within an hour or so of the Mexican border!" (Which was nearly verbatim what my mom said to me when I informed her I was going to take French in HS instead of continuing with Spanish.

Also, when I'm getting wedding and baby shower invitations from kids I've known since they were infants!
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You have to trim your ear hair as often as your facial hair.
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    You still play LP's every now and then

I love my records!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    more and more girls my age (22) are getting married :/
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You're getting ready for your 50th class reunion.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Your oldest child is approaching 50
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I was a callow youth at my first job (I was about 17) I teased the two older chaps I worked with by saying "What's it like hearing the songs you grew up with played as Golden Oldies?". Now, of course, I hear my own teenaged songs (and others, older) played exactly the same way... That one sure came back to bite me.

I still convert back sometimes from £s and Ps to Old Money... ie 5p used to be a shilling. And I remember how my older brother used to give me and my sister 50 pence a week pocket money, when 50p used to be a lot of money!!

Seriously - what can you buy NOW with 50 pence? When I was slightly younger than that callow youth, my dad and two brothers complained when petrol went up to 35 pence a GALLON. Now, of course, it's £1.35 a litre... :ohwell:
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I can't remember...what was the question?
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

Exactly. I don't remember this thread. I don't remember if I've posted in it. But at twelve pages, I should have, right?
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    When Mick Jagger of the Stones sings "What a drag it is to get old " (is Mick lying ??):laugh:
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options

Exactly. I don't remember this thread. I don't remember if I've posted in it. But at twelve pages, I should have, right?

Exactly. :tongue: Do I know you??
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    more and more girls my age (22) are getting married :/

When you've been married almost (not quite, but almost) as long as those young girls have been alive. At least married before they entered school.

And I'm sure there are some who've got me beat on that.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You remember using pay phones and they cost 10 cents.
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ...when some of the people responding to the "you know you're old when" topic are young enough to be your children!
    Or young enough to be your grandchildren! Eeek! :)