How do you reward yourself?

Options
missteena88
missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
For those in the US, you're probably accustomed to rewarding yourself with food or treats for a job well done. I'm trying to break this cycle. When I've lost 10 pounds, I don't want to immediately think, "I deserve some cookies!" I'm trying to set my goals for 2017 and I'm wondering what everyone rewards themselves with for hitting a certain goal? I've already written down spa days as they're not cheap and I enjoy them. I know clothing may be a good one but with losing weight, you never know where you'll be with needing new items. Throw me your (non-food) ideas!

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    For those in the US, you're probably accustomed to rewarding yourself with food or treats for a job well done. I'm trying to break this cycle. When I've lost 10 pounds, I don't want to immediately think, "I deserve some cookies!" I'm trying to set my goals for 2017 and I'm wondering what everyone rewards themselves with for hitting a certain goal? I've already written down spa days as they're not cheap and I enjoy them. I know clothing may be a good one but with losing weight, you never know where you'll be with needing new items. Throw me your (non-food) ideas!

How about creating, and/or joining a group? I've created my own, as a challenge; since competing's rewarding to me! If you'd like to learn more & potentially join mine, here's the link to more information; concerning it:

This group, currently consists of; 71 members thus far & I'll be accepting, 29 more participants; before New Year's Day!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10487976/2017-annual-challenge-support-weight-riddance-group#latest
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I bought myself new nike gym shirts and leggings a week ago, and it was nice buying a size lower and having less baggy clothes. I also started going for massages, but that's more for my mental health than anything.
  • missteena88
    Options

How about creating, and/or joining a group? I've created my own, as a challenge; since competing's rewarding to me! If you'd like to learn more & potentially join mine, here's the link to more information; concerning it:

This group, currently consists of; 70 members thus far & I'll be accepting, 30 more participants; before New Year's Day!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10487976/2017-annual-challenge-support-weight-riddance-group#latest

I'm not really competitive so I'm not sure this would be rewarding for me. :/
  • missteena88
    Options
    _unsteady_ wrote: »
    Beer?

I don't drink ;)
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

This group, currently consists of; 71 members thus far & I'll be accepting, 29 more participants; before New Year's Day!

I'm not really competitive so I'm not sure this would be rewarding for me. :/

That's understandable!

By the way I accidentally posted the link to my group, instead of to the information, so I've corrected my original post!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    alcohol
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I never succeed so I don't reward myself
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    UltraTacks wrote: »
    I never succeed so I don't reward myself
    Aww. . Why pray tell?
  • TrailRunn3r82
    TrailRunn3r82 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I buy myself toys. I bought a drone when I lost 50lbs. At 25lbs I bought a new snowboard. My next goal is my final goal and I'll buy myself a new wardrobe.

Not the toys I was hoping you'd mention :disappointed:
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to steer towards rewarding myself with tattoos and things from my Amazon wishlist. :)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Toys, trips, and clothes. I'm waiting on my new wheels to arrive.
    I buy myself toys. I bought a drone when I lost 50lbs. At 25lbs I bought a new snowboard. My next goal is my final goal and I'll buy myself a new wardrobe.

What kind of drone? Follow Me? How do you like it?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda tired of stuff. Probably clothes when you need them, but ultimately a vacation when you reach your goal would be the best.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm also working on finding good non-food rewards. My current favorite is to treat myself to a massage.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I do not purposefully reward myself.. This still takes money to save or use that might otherwise not be saved..

I do buy workout gear and usually say "I have been working hard I deserve this".. Meeting my goals rather weight related, running related (especially placing in a race), etc.. are rewards themselves..

You will need new clothes as you get smaller, I might start there.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not so much as a treat but I'm challenging myself to mountain walks (charities will benefit) to prove how far I've come, but will also show there is still work to be done.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    I'm also working on finding good non-food rewards. My current favorite is to treat myself to a massage.

smart.

lapdances are also non-food rewards

.... usually
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Shopping!!!
    It's my reward for really everything.
    Bored...shop.
    Do good...shop.
    I've way too many dresses