raw till four? ?

Options
124»

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    OK guys first of all animal protein leaks calcium from your bones! Animal dairy products are mainly consumed by USA Finland England and sweedon. The countries with the highest osteoporosis is USA England awesome and Finland. No one ever went to hospital because they lacked protein. Leafy greens fruit and veggies provide all the protein I need. Forty grams a day is easy to hit. Apes and chimpanzee are the closest animal I'm DNA and they don't eat anything but bananas greens seeds and nuts and there body strength is ten times greater than a man's. Let's not he stupid we are the only creatures that cook our food

seeds and nuts have protein and fat
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Treece68 wrote: »
    OK guys first of all animal protein leaks calcium from your bones! Animal dairy products are mainly consumed by USA Finland England and sweedon. The countries with the highest osteoporosis is USA England awesome and Finland. No one ever went to hospital because they lacked protein. Leafy greens fruit and veggies provide all the protein I need. Forty grams a day is easy to hit. Apes and chimpanzee are the closest animal I'm DNA and they don't eat anything but bananas greens seeds and nuts and there body strength is ten times greater than a man's. Let's not he stupid we are the only creatures that cook our food

seeds and nuts have protein and fat

According to the OP, avoiding weight gain is a goal. It's incredibly challenging to meet one's protein needs with nuts and seeds without going over on calories. This is why reasonable plant-based plans include alternative sources of protein like beans, grains, tofu, tempeh, and seitan.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    To quote a blog post i have written on the topic

Just a Few Sub-Par Protein Sources:
    • Brown Rice- 2.3 grams of protein per 100 calories. You would have to eat over 500 calories of brown rice to obtain a measly 10 grams of protein.
    • Oats- 4.25 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to consume a whopping 400 calories for only 17 g of protein.
    • Nuts and Seeds (Almonds in this example)- 3.6 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to eat over 550 calories worth just to get 20 grams of protein.
    • Nut Butters (Peanut butter in this example)- 4.3 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to eat over 460 calories for 20 grams of protein.
    • Quinoa- 3.6 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to eat over 550 calories worth just to get 20 grams of protein.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    To quote a blog post i have written on the topic

Just a Few Sub-Par Protein Sources:
    • Brown Rice- 2.3 grams of protein per 100 calories. You would have to eat over 500 calories of brown rice to obtain a measly 10 grams of protein.
    • Oats- 4.25 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to consume a whopping 400 calories for only 17 g of protein.
    • Nuts and Seeds (Almonds in this example)- 3.6 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to eat over 550 calories worth just to get 20 grams of protein.
    • Nut Butters (Peanut butter in this example)- 4.3 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to eat over 460 calories for 20 grams of protein.
    • Quinoa- 3.6 grams of protein per 100 calories. You’d have to eat over 550 calories worth just to get 20 grams of protein.

Wow, great job breaking it down like this. It makes it much easier for me to visualize. Nuts are wonderful and I love them, but I'd never recommend them as a primary source of protein especially for someone who is watching calories.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    OP please come back. Id like to see what your opinion is on all of this
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »

They seemed pretty open and good humoured about it last time they checked in.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »

They seemed pretty open and good humoured about it last time they checked in.

It wasn't meant to be rude. I'm just genuinely curious, mostly as to the original thought process. I honestly believe you're capable of learning from it and using it to help educate others. I still know so many people who are completely blinded by the magazine fad diets that's it bewildering.