Maintenance Check January 2017

Options

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    @sarahbums You don't need to know your weight with clothes and shoes. Disregard the weight at the doctor's office.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Total Weight lost: 85lbs
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 2.5yrs
    Maintenance weight range: 165-170lbs (6' M)

Week of...
    2nd January: 173.2lbs
    9th January: 170.4lbs
    16th January: 170.4lbs
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Sigh. I can make excuses like miserable weather affecting activity level, water retention from carbs but in reality I've been ravenous and having a hard time staying under my calorie goals. I'm eating too many calories plain and simple....

Need to focus on adjusting intake for less activity and also switch up some of my routine foods. Have a hunch I'm eating the wrong macro ratio as my cardio has gone way down due to not running near as much. Did hit the 160's on the weekend but that appears to be less water. Also continuing to lift and getting stronger. Just need to drop some lbs now.

Hoping eating the right calories and macros help eliminate January holding pattern.

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Week of...
    2 January: 115
    9 January: 114
    16 January: 115

Still maintaining.

@icemom011 Try walking, reading, dancing, talking to someone, anything to keep you away from snacking. There are lots of short videos on youtube that can distract you for a short while. Also, housework (yuck) can take your mind off food. Good luck.

Thank you! It's from boredom, i realize that. When I'm really busy or occupied with something I'm into, my mind isn't wondering into " what i can put in my mouth next " territory. Problem is, that it's later at night, when things are winding down. Appreciate the support, mc2fit!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    Name: Jen
    Total Weight lost:135+
    Time it took to lose: 2.5yrs
    How long in maintenance: I declared it at 140 last January, but that was too high for a petite lady. So not really in maintenance quite yet.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in. Was down to 126.4 after a month of pre-Holiday dieting, but am back up to 127.3 on TrendWeight today.

Week of...
    2nd January: 127.2lbs
    9th January: 127lbs
    16th January: 126.4lbs
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Total panic bingeing over the holidays. I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel.

Same struggles. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day.

Struggles remain the same, plus I caught a cold and have forgone my regular workouts beyond getting steps. Also, just feeling really down and helpless due to stuff happening in the world.

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    How long in maintenance: I declared it at 140 last January, but that was too high for a petite lady. So not really in maintenance quite yet.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in. Was down to 126.4 after a month of pre-Holiday dieting, but am back up to 127.3 on TrendWeight today.

Week of...
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: Total panic bingeing over the holidays. I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel.

Same struggles. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day.

Struggles remain the same, plus I caught a cold and have forgone my regular workouts beyond getting steps. Also, just feeling really down and helpless due to stuff happening in the world.

Feeling bad doesn't help. Sometimes you have to look after you. Eat healthy satisfying foods and get some rest. It's amazing how great I feel when I give in..and go to bed early when I've been staying up late and stressed. That helps with the cravings too. Hope you feel better soon!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »

Week of...
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Feeling bad doesn't help. Sometimes you have to look after you. Eat healthy satisfying foods and get some rest. It's amazing how great I feel when I give in..and go to bed early when I've been staying up late and stressed. That helps with the cravings too. Hope you feel better soon!

Very true, but I still feel like the executioner's ax is hanging over my neck. Will do my best to ignore it, but the ax is very real and there is a good chance it will come crashing down. (I am one of those people who may lose her Healthcare in the coming months. I already took out a second mortgage to cover emergency medical expenses a couple of years ago. If anything else happens, my family and I will be screwed.)
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    @CoachJen71 the best advice I was given when my thoughts were running crazy was; to not think beyond of things that might(or not) happen. Deal with the things that are happening right now. It sounds blunt but it helped me to prioritise what I should focus at the present time. I know it's difficult if your mind is programmed to worry too much but that could be changed so that you worry less than you already do.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Name: Tina
    Total Weight lost: 60ish
    Time it took to lose: ~8 months
    How long in maintenance: ~1 year
    Maintenance weight range: 108-114 lbs

Week of...
    2nd January: 109.14 average
    9th January: 108.6 average
    16th January: 108.8 average
    23rd January:
    30th January:

Success/struggles of the week: I still need to work on sleep. I unfortunately slept even less than I did last week. I'm trying to balance everything that's on my plate right now, and once I do, I think I'll be able to get in more sleep.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    2nd January: 141.7
    9th January: 141.8
    16th January: 143.1
    23rd January: 142.2
    30th January:

I saw 141.0 yesterday. Hoping to see it again.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Name: Kathryn
    SW:195
    CW:128
    GW: was 135
    Total Weight lost: 67 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 10 months to original goal + lost for about 5 months after reaching that goal.
    How long in maintenance: 5 months ?
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130

Week of...
    2nd January: 128.4
    9th January: 127.6
    16th January: 128.8
    23rd January: 125.4
    30th January:

Success/Struggle for the week: I dropped down below my maintenance range. I guess I am still struggling to find my maintenance calories. If I eat what mfp gives me plus my fitbit adjustment then I still lose weight. My fitbit says I average about 1850 per day burn, but if I eat that much I lose weight. I guess I need to up my calories some more. But then I keep showing that I am over my calorie goal and it just messes with my head. Maybe I need to just unsync my fitbit and set a TDEE goal. But I really like using the Neat method and eating more when I'm more active.

Oh! Me too. I had to set MFP to gain 0.5 lbs a week because I hated seeing the red. It wasn't until I did this I actually started maintaining instead of losing while eating my Fitbit adjustment. Now leaving 80ish calories uneaten everyday is just right and it feels better than going red by 170.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Name: Kathryn
    SW:195
    CW:128
    GW: was 135
    Total Weight lost: 67 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 10 months to original goal + lost for about 5 months after reaching that goal.
    How long in maintenance: 5 months ?
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130

Week of...
    2nd January: 128.4
    9th January: 127.6
    16th January: 128.8
    23rd January: 125.4
    30th January:

Success/Struggle for the week: I dropped down below my maintenance range. I guess I am still struggling to find my maintenance calories. If I eat what mfp gives me plus my fitbit adjustment then I still lose weight. My fitbit says I average about 1850 per day burn, but if I eat that much I lose weight. I guess I need to up my calories some more. But then I keep showing that I am over my calorie goal and it just messes with my head. Maybe I need to just unsync my fitbit and set a TDEE goal. But I really like using the Neat method and eating more when I'm more active.

Oh! Me too. I had to set MFP to gain 0.5 lbs a week because I hated seeing the red. It wasn't until I did this I actually started maintaining instead of losing while eating my Fitbit adjustment. Now leaving 80ish calories uneaten everyday is just right and it feels better than going red by 170.

I may have to try that. My original goal was 135 and when I dropped down to 130 and even 128 I was ok with that, but I think that 125 is starting to get a little too low for me.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart and @TangledThread I, too overshot my goal and kept losing for quite a while and about 15 pounds. After a year of trying everything, well, a lot of things, to gain some of the weight back, I gave up. I have found my "me" weight. I am a couple of pounds underweight, according to the ever popular BMI, but my doctor is ok with it and so am I, finally. You, too, will find your happy place. Best wishes to you both.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Thanks @mk2fit. I hope to level out soon. I am a lot happier here than when I was overweight.