Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Great now I want tacos!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Contact the firm of Dewey, Cheatum, & Howe.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Maybe they were giving you a hard time for not eating the cake because they thought it was rude to not partake in the celebration of someone's birthday?

There's always 2 sides to the coin. Not saying it doesn't suck to be in that kind of situation, because it does.

Next time, either partake in a SMALL piece that you know won't kill your calorie limits, or politely decline and request that they respect that you're watching your food intake but appreciate the sentiment or whatever.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I love when people's sarcasm meters are broken! :laugh:

Was it a good strawberry shortcake?
    My gram makes it with bisquick biscuits, mashed strawberries, and homemade whipped cream.
    I would pretty much eat it separately lol
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It was incredibly rude of your co-workers to give you a hard time for not eating food you did not want to eat at that time. It is during those times that focus and commitment must prevail. I am disappointed that your co-workers behaved that way. Do people have no shame? It requires mindfulness to encourage others rather than be a caveman and bring a person down.

Where I work someone always brings in food, EVERYDAY. However, we are all supportive of each other to maintain our health and good looks! Often the food is barely nibbled on through the day and tossed at the end of the day. But it is appreciated none the less.

There will always be food around. Therefore, there must always be commitment, planning and focus. And apparently thick skin!
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    strawberry? snozzberry?

"Do I look like a cat to you sir?"
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Eat the cake. Because some day you may get diabetes and then they won't let you eat the cake. Cake eating is a privilege.

Signed,

Frustrated cake-lover with Gestational Diabetes, Surrey, England
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Technically the "cake" was angel food cake, which is made with all those lowfat substitues and chemical soups...ugh.

Good lawd, I hope everyone that ate it is going on a cleanse to sort that out.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Technically the "cake" was angel food cake, which is made with all those lowfat substitues and chemical soups...ugh.

Good lawd, I hope everyone that ate it is going on a cleanse to sort that out.
    I think the rule is that you have to eat devil's food to balance out the angelfood.