Headache after workout??

Hi everyone,
I just started working out again a few days ago. I noticed that after about 45 minutes or so of working out I get a headache. It usually goes away 15-20 minutes after I stop working out. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Replies

• sara2310gcs
    sara2310gcs Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2016
    You may not be eating enough calories to support your workout. Other reasons could be low electrolytes or not enough water. Try drinking Gatorade or propel before and during your workouts.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    I get the same way sept I suffer from severe migraines. I feel so good after a workout though. Try taking ibuprofen Or Tylenol before workout and drink LOTS of water and try to rest a little after
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    Could be a couple of things. How's your breathing technique? Do you tighten your neck throughout your workout?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Are you trying to do too much too soon?
  • wayne2017
    wayne2017 Posts: 26 Member
    It may be a migraine, work on your breathing when working out.
    I get migraines when Stressed = not breathing correctly
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Dehydration? Are you drinking enough water during the day?
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    The last two times I've gone out jogging (slow jog), I've had the same issue. I can't figure out if it's my sinuses due to the cold, triggering a headache, or if I'm getting tense in my neck. It seems to disappear after 30 minutes or so of stopping.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I just started working out again a few days ago. I noticed that after about 45 minutes or so of working out I get a headache. It usually goes away 15-20 minutes after I stop working out. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

This happens to me if I don't eat or drink before working out. Always make sure you hydrate and if necessary, eat a little something pre-and-post work out.
  • Its_Haleeyy
    Its_Haleeyy Posts: 53 Member
    Yeah I drink a whole bottle of water usually when I'm on there
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I get them too if I do strenuous cardio,Im fine then get a headache hours later though. I get enough food,water and so forth so I know its not that. I dont know what it is either, maybe from the extra blood flow? increase in blood pressure? etc. whatever it is sometimes I will wake up during the middle of the night and its a borderline migraine. so I have to take something before I go to bed to prevent the headache. I talked to my dr and she reall cant figure it out either.my face gets beet red too(I dont have high blood pressure,mine is normally on the lower side).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,519 Member
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    Dehydration? Are you drinking enough water during the day?

This ^^