Losing 100+ pounds?

Options
2»

Replies

• newstart7788
    newstart7788 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I have 130 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. I'm starting the journey to a better quality of life right now. I'm all in!

• samanthaskay
    samanthaskay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there, have about 200 to loose. Any advice would be helpful!! Feel free to add me.
  • nataliehinkley2
    nataliehinkley2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, around 150 to lose! I am just trying to be consistent with tracking my food for now. So far I am keeping under the allotted calories MFP is telling me to consume, so that it moving things in the right direction. I want to do a slow and steady approach so I am not still trying to lose all this weight a year from now. I figure it will be something I have to work at for the rest of my life so no need to sprint to the finish line.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Come join us in the 100+ lbs with no surgery group!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I had 121 lbs to lose ....down 85lbs ...you are welcome to add me ..wishing you the best
  • jenniferhyun1
    jenniferhyun1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone! Me too!! would love to love to lose 100+, but setting goal to 100 right now. I'm 240lbs now. Wondering if I would be able to do that in a year? Totally new to mfp and community support. Let's do this!
    Just started whole30 on 1/3 (monday). so far so good, we'll see how it goes. It truly does start with food, haha!
  • duvs33
    duvs33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose approximately 100lbs depending on my measurements. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • TexasHunnybear
    TexasHunnybear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • jemworld
    jemworld Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've lost 100lbs so far with 30 still left to lose but I will get there. My biggest advice to people on the same journey is to make sure you do things properly and at a reasonable pace rather than thinking you will get it done quickly (I know this is a cliche but it really is true). The more research you do and the healthier choices you make will put you in good stead for the future to keep the weight off.

Also, be aware that family and friends may be supportive but you may experience certain people showing misplaced concern for you and asking that you are ok all the time. I've had this a lot in the last few months and it is quite difficult to deal with as I know my family love me but it's almost like they are trying to stop me losing the last bit of weight. Just stay strong, know what your doing and don't be afraid to ask others in the same position for advice. These forums have really helped me out a lot when I've started questioning my decision due to family/friends comments. Good luck all!
  • geektofit
    geektofit Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Long term I need to lose about 110lbs more for my height but I've already lost about 30lbs! I'm taking it one day at a time and celebrating the small victories and not thinking about the 110lbs. Anyone is welcome to add me! :D
  • sdmrtn86
    sdmrtn86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Evening! I have to lose 203 more of my 212 goal, so would love to connect!
  • magen830
    magen830 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have 100 lbs to lose too. I would love to have friends to motivate and keep me motivated with the same goals. Please feel free to add me.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I had 121 lbs to lose....85 lbs gone ....you are welcome to add me
  • blessed4everandever
    Options
    Hi my name is Liza I am 61yrs old and a type ll diabetic. I have been in denial for a long time. I recently joined the YMCA because I am having a hard time walking, breathing and living the life I want to live. I finally got the nerve to weigh myself and I'm 298lbs. I need help. I would like to do it the easy way and have weight loss surgery, but that is not an option. If there is someone, anyone else out there that is doing this I would like to be apart of the plan. I don't know where to start I just know I need to start.

• jodimclean80
    jodimclean80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I have over 100lbs to lose feels really daunting but I really hope to do it this year...
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    There are groups that can also be very helpful in your journey:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115006-losing-is-winning
    and
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115768-losing-100-pounds-naturally-no-surgery

to name just 2... like minded people with similar goals
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have around 110 to lose. I am a Mother of five so you can imagine it isn't the easiest. Feel free to add me. I weigh 245lbs I am 5ft 4.75in and 33 so we have very similar stats.
  • CatMama526
    CatMama526 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys! I am just starting my very long journey to lose the better part of 200 pounds. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • eeede
    eeede Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I started at 270. I'm currently 183 and my 1st goal weight is 130.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Its all possible as long as you educate yourself on how to do it and stop with all the myths flying around. Down 120 lbs from when i started and have more to go.