Is anyone splurging this weekend?

Options
dbkyser
dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
This is the perfect New Years Eve this year, on a Saturday night, Sunday is New Years Day so you can get rid of the left overs. Monday clean start.

I am not going crazy but will be fine with just maintaining over the weekend and will still be down from Christmas Day.

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    December is basically an all out splurge fest for us. So many get togethers, dinners and parties. If I can maintain my weight (which I have done) I am pretty stoked. Have worked extra hard in the gym and taken a few days to basically under-eat knowing what was coming.
    It is nice that the main holidays fell on a weekend though...
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Seems to me that here in the US anyways that from 1 week before Thanksgiving until the first of the year has become 1 long holiday. It was a struggle to get back to eating healthy and working out after each holiday.
  • nattyleigh1991
    nattyleigh1991 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I are holding a dinner party - rather than going out drinking and getting pizza! We're cooking healthy... not that everyone coming needs to know that ;) We've agreed that each of us will buy/make a "naughty" treat. That's as far as the splurge goes!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll be splooging. I have no self-control and love booze and food. I'll deal with the fat in the new year.
  • humpbackgirl
    humpbackgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Nah.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Of course!!!

I've worked hard all year long on my body, mind and soul, so this celebration is earned!

Whatever I'll gain this weekend will be removed the following week through hard work.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I hope not. But, my wife's cousin will be in town, so I might get suckered into it. :shrug:
  • 7ElizabethAnn7
    7ElizabethAnn7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nope. Business as usual.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Yes, I'll be splooging. I have no self-control and love booze and food. I'll deal with the fat in the new year.

:o TMI, dude! :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I party most weekends...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    Seems to me that here in the US anyways that from 1 week before Thanksgiving until the first of the year has become 1 long holiday. It was a struggle to get back to eating healthy and working out after each holiday.

I switched to maintenance calories for Thanksgiving to New Year's for the first time this year. After New Year's, I'm moving back to deficit. It has seemed to work much better for me. I'm excited to get back into the groove, rather than dreading it.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No way. If I gain it now, I will just have to lose it in the new year. I don't need more to lose... :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    No way. If I gain it now, I will just have to lose it in the new year. I don't need more to lose... :smile:

You really think you're actually going to "gain"...as in actual fat with an evening of indulgence? Seriously, that's not the way the body works...
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm not splurging. NYE and New Year's Day food doesn't really do it for me.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Fried fish, stuffing, black eye peas and pies(had a bite already)yph2e8vbvljo.jpg
    bi92pm65s7qb.jpg
    xek4ld675fha.jpg
    !! SO YUP!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Fried fish, stuffing, black eye peas and pies(had a bite already)yph2e8vbvljo.jpg
    bi92pm65s7qb.jpg
    xek4ld675fha.jpg
    !! SO YUP!

o6wqec5zclkv.jpg
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Probs. I was smart enough to workout extra hard last week because I knew this week would be a cluster. I'm just going to enjoy it and watch whatever weight I gain fall off next week.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I didn't splurge at all last weekend, actually ate in a deficit (besides alcohol) and was "fasting" (not purposefully) all weekend due to some unforseen circumstances, so this weekend I will be eating a delicious New Year's Eve dinner out and might even get dessert. I don't plan to go too crazy though, probably steak and grilled veggies. Plus, I'm doing an extra long back day today, and a heavy leg day tomorrow afternoon where I'm going to hit some new PR's!
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This weekend I will probably drink a little too much and then eat more than I normally would. And I will be just fine. Health isn't about what you do occasionally, it's about what you do most of the time.

And I still have a bottle of sparkling red left over from Christmas to enjoy. Happy New Year to me.