I Just Paid For A BMR Test + Consultation and...

Options
13»

Replies

• maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I agree that there is a lot of misinformation on here but all of the advice I took was from people who were successful on MFP and seconded by other successful members. Most seem to share these ideas:

1. Eat back your exercise calories
    2. Calories in should be above BMR below TDEE (in my case TDEE being 2,950 - 3,550 depending on calculator)
    3. Deficit = weightloss no matter what you eat
    4. Never go below your BMR

Right now there are 230+ responses to the question of whether or not "eating dirty" stops weight loss and most seem to back up the no side. I'm just not sold that eating "clean" is the answer. I'm sure it works great for the people that do it and I'm not knocking it at all but a calorie deficit itself should be the main factor.

If what you are doing isn't working for you, regardless of what has worked for other people, I think you should try something else. Really calorie "counting" is actually calorie "estimating" since all of the tables, formulas, etc., are based on averages. It's possible that you don't burn as much as you think you do, or you eat more than you think you do. I think you should try eating fewer calories to get more of a deficit, or you should learn to be happy with where you are now.