Last film you saw...

Options

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which was wonderful. I loved it.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    this:

abgif3.gif

One of my favorite movie scores. What a fantastic film!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Ladybird - Such a good reminder of how bad my teenage years were.

Yes! I related so much to Ladybird and my friends all laughed about the scene where she turns 18 and buys cigs and adult mag. That was 100% me. :D

can relate :D
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Many may disagree, but I FF through "The Irishman" in 40-min. It was stunningly & surprisingly awful. De Niro was so stiff & bored & uninteresting, I'm stunned. Couldn't find a sliver of charisma in the cast.

I imagine, but don't know, that it's like an Irish mob movie with violence and if so, I'm out fast. I have to either fast forward through the violence or walk out out of the room during torture or abuse scenes so I'd be right there with you on that fast forward button!

Really not much violence (a few quick scenes) & because it's a period piece, lots of times the violence was implied or just mentioned, like the movies of old. It was a torture to watch due to how boring it was. All old actors who seemed far too old to act. The dialogue was horrendous, as well.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    The 1962 version on TCM

ionttve22x9w.jpeg
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    We watched Ma tonight. Pretty good but thought the ending sucked.
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Many may disagree, but I FF through "The Irishman" in 40-min. It was stunningly & surprisingly awful. De Niro was so stiff & bored & uninteresting, I'm stunned. Couldn't find a sliver of charisma in the cast.

I imagine, but don't know, that it's like an Irish mob movie with violence and if so, I'm out fast. I have to either fast forward through the violence or walk out out of the room during torture or abuse scenes so I'd be right there with you on that fast forward button!

Really not much violence (a few quick scenes) & because it's a period piece, lots of times the violence was implied or just mentioned, like the movies of old. It was a torture to watch due to how boring it was. All old actors who seemed far too old to act. The dialogue was horrendous, as well.

I guess it depends on the actor. I am much younger than Robert Dinero but I have a huge crush on him. I also love Clint Eastwood movies, classics or even new ones. I'm glad he's still working, still making new movies. Another one I like is the 'Marlboro Man,' a movie I saw several months ago called 'Hero.'
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    We now subscribe to Disney +! Tonight we watched the original 'Snow White.' Loved it! Was itty bitty last time I saw it, barely remember it, only certain parts.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Wanted a feel good movie. This ended up being a feel good, but went to places I didn’t expect. I loved the city shots of the various places done as models in the style of the Neighborhood. Tom Hanks did a great job as Fred Rodgers.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

We only watched it because it got best picture nominee. We got interested when it turned out to be about the mob in So Philly and the east coast. Better than I expected.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

We only watched it because it got best picture nominee. We got interested when it turned out to be about the mob in So Philly and the east coast. Better than I expected.

Glad you liked it, Karl & I watched it for the same reason... best pic nom.

Maybe I wasn't in the mood for it & period pieces aren't my fave... but, it doesn't take much to twist my arm with an old Pacino, Pesci or De Niro film, so I'm just surprised it didn't grab me at all. I watched the 1st 30-min, hoping it would p/u the pace & drag me in... it didn't. I then, FF through the rest in 10-15 min.

Oh, well, fortunately there are thousands of others I can watch. :smile:

Have a great weekend.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Before I Go To Sleep
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    Sister Act
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Seemed fitting for the times...

51TFObFrdKL.jpg

Oh, and in case anyone hasn't seen it...

https://youtu.be/XO6FW1aJkTw
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

51TFObFrdKL.jpg

❤️
    Love Shaun of the Dead
    Great video, I adore Simon Pegg
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

51TFObFrdKL.jpg

❤️
    Love Shaun of the Dead
    Great video, I adore Simon Pegg

Yep, great movie. Because of this movie, everyone started spelling my name wrong. On purpose. :lol:
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    The Netflix, based on a true story, limited series, "The Spy" with Sacha Baron Cohen. I was mistaken & thought it was a movie, not a series, but since the 1st episode was compelling enough, I'll continue with the rest... I think there are 8 more ep.

I'm not into the Borat/Ali G pranks (no judgment, they just don't interest me), but I really like SBC as a serious actor. So far, I'd give it 4* out of 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UijUOy0MmE

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Burning through this.....
    Just into season 3.

It's outstanding in every regard.

img_0710.jpg?w=584
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Burning through this.....
    Just into season 3.

It's outstanding in every regard.

img_0710.jpg?w=584

Thx for this. It's on Netflix so I'm going to give it a go.

I just wish they didn't dub it. There are so many good series on NF with such awful dubbing, I can't watch, but I guess the masses don't want subtitles. In that regard, I wish they'd be more mindful of the voice quality & acting ability in their choices of voice actors... some are downright distracting. A series I was dying to watch was Valhalla Murders... the plot looks very interesting, but I couldn't make it through 10-min with the dubbing. Such odd voices.

BTW, if you like this series, you might be interested to check out a German mini-series called Generation War. It's the same period of time & I've only seen trailers, but it appears to be a bit more gritty. Volker Bruch is the lead actor in both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GglakerBn3o