Last film you saw...

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Revenge

Didn't it seem like 'an act of God' that the lead overcame the terrain, the conflicts presented ...
    Me before you :heartbreak:

I've just clicked, following my sister's reminder as to why you were all teary answering your door.

You are going to cry. Hard. I was bawling my eyes out. Bring tissues, no bring a whole box. But even still it’s a beautiful story.

Girlie ... I didn't just cry watching this movie. I fell in love with him. At that moment, I was Louisa (Lou) Clark.

Do you like to read?

That I do dearie. :smile: Reading 6 novels a day was precisely how I'd made dosh back when I'd just arrived in the US. Do you have a book you'd think I'd enjoy?

This one. Me before you by Jojo Moyes. If you think you fell in love with him here you’ll love the book. There are ones about her after as well. A great series.

Also Thoughtless by S.C Stephans. You wanna know literary men that will make you swoon Kellan Kyle will do it for you. Also a series. I love him. He’s the perfect amount of sexy, bad boy, romantic and heart throb. Read it. He won’t disappoint<3

Not my conversation but I'm taking notes lol
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited May 2018
    Revenge

Didn't it seem like 'an act of God' that the lead overcame the terrain, the conflicts presented ...

I've just clicked, following my sister's reminder as to why you were all teary answering your door.

You are going to cry. Hard. I was bawling my eyes out. Bring tissues, no bring a whole box. But even still it’s a beautiful story.

Girlie ... I didn't just cry watching this movie. I fell in love with him. At that moment, I was Louisa (Lou) Clark.

Do you like to read?

That I do dearie. :smile: Reading 6 novels a day was precisely how I'd made dosh back when I'd just arrived in the US. Do you have a book you'd think I'd enjoy?

This one. Me before you by Jojo Moyes. If you think you fell in love with him here you’ll love the book. There are ones about her after as well. A great series.

Also Thoughtless by S.C Stephans. You wanna know literary men that will make you swoon Kellan Kyle will do it for you. Also a series. I love him. He’s the perfect amount of sexy, bad boy, romantic and heart throb. Read it. He won’t disappoint<3

Bless you! I'm going to look up these books to read. We tend to slog over contracts most of the day, so these are much appreciated.

ETA: Omg@Kellan Kyle. I have screenshot your post, so as to not lose these authors and titles.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    It (the newer version)

I attempted for the 15th time to finish watching it. I have a remaining 30 minutes and I doubt I will ever finish watching it :D

Really? I found it more funny than scary. Then again, I’ve seen so much of Bill Skarsgård’s other work that even though I thought he did an incredible job portraying Pennywise, I was having trouble separating that performance from many of his other, less sinister characters in my mind. I also enjoyed the way they developed the kids’ characters and relationships with one another a lot.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited May 2018
    Revenge

Do you like to read?

Bless you! I'm going to look up these books to read. We tend to slog over contracts most of the day, so these are much appreciated.

ETA: Omg@Kellan Kyle. I have screenshot your post, so as to not lose these authors and titles.

I recommend Kellan Kyle first. Lemme know how you like it!

Will do. :star: I have just saved all books. After you, Still me, Me before you and Thoughtless, Thoughtful & Reckless. I will read the latter@Kellan Kyle, first as you've recommended. Much love for the plug. :love:
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    Revenge

Do you like to read?

You’re always welcome to join and giiirl you read it too!

Oh I will ;)
    skctilidie wrote: »
    It (the newer version)

I attempted for the 15th time to finish watching it. I have a remaining 30 minutes and I doubt I will ever finish watching it :D

Really? I found it more funny than scary. Then again, I’ve seen so much of Bill Skarsgård’s other work that even though I thought he did an incredible job portraying Pennywise, I was having trouble separating that performance from many of his other, less sinister characters in my mind. I also enjoyed the way they developed the kids’ characters and relationships with one another a lot.

I haven't finished watching it because it's too scary. I'm just like that with most movies. I get distracted then there I go again restarting them all over again on different days lol and I agree, I liked the development of the characters. I need to research more on Bills work. Sounds intriguing.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Revenge

Do you like to read?

Oh I will ;)
    It (the newer version)

I haven't finished watching it because it's too scary. I'm just like that with most movies. I get distracted then there I go again restarting them all over again on different days lol and I agree, I liked the development of the characters. I need to research more on Bills work. Sounds intriguing.

If you enjoy creepy but not really scary, he’s very good in the Netflix series Hemlock Grove. The first season, at least, was great...the other seasons not as compelling imo.
    If you like funny and heart-touching and don’t mind subtitles, Simple Simon (I Rymden Finns Inga Känslor) is an amazing film.
    He’s also playing Zeitgeist in the new Deadpool, but I haven’t seen it yet.
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    Revenge

Do you like to read?

Oh I will ;)
    It (the newer version)

If you enjoy creepy but not really scary, he’s very good in the Netflix series Hemlock Grove. The first season, at least, was great...the other seasons not as compelling imo.
    If you like funny and heart-touching and don’t mind subtitles, Simple Simon (I Rymden Finns Inga Känslor) is an amazing film.
    He’s also playing Zeitgeist in the new Deadpool, but I haven’t seen it yet.

I have a thing with foreign films so I'll definitely be watching that. Thank you for your recommendations :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    The Florida Project
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    Flatliners ( the remake)

Not bad
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Flatliners ( the remake)

Not bad

They did a remake of the 1980's movie?
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    Flatliners ( the remake)

Not bad

Yep. I can't watch a movie in full so that has to say something about it right? Lol It was entertaining.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Flatliners ( the remake)

Not bad

Yep. I can't watch a movie in full so that has to say something about it right? Lol It was entertaining.

One of the benefits of watching a movie at home, I guess. Can always pause it and come back.

Have you seen the original? How was it compared to that.
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    Flatliners ( the remake)

Not bad

One of the benefits of watching a movie at home, I guess. Can always pause it and come back.

Have you seen the original? How was it compared to that.

I've seen the original once. I can't compare them because I don't remember the original. It's been so long. I do recommend the remake though :)
  • 777Gemma888
    edited June 2018
    I'm such a sucker for dog films. First Max brought me to tears, now Megan Leavey.

I have got to say that I am appalled that all service dogs aren't adopted post service. Surely, euthanasia or whatever thankless branded end, are the best options. Digs - equipment ... My mind cannot even comprehend that. How about retiring them to Pacific Island Military and Police installations?! I am certain they wouldn't refuse them. The demands would be low, so they could rest more than sniff. Just sad.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Dazed and Confused

'alright, alright, alright'
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Odd Thomas.....just finished the book and wanted to see the movie
  • BrokenFather
    BrokenFather Posts: 136 Member
    The Phoenix Lights