Still no weight loss happening

Options
MissPauling
MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, so I am tracking my calories/macros for a bit more than 2 weeks now.

5'9, ~ 170 pounds. Mostly sedentary but workout 3 times a week (40-60 minutes, includes some weight training, but mostly Insanity and P90x3). I'm aiming for 1634 calories a day, sometimes I am a bit over it, then I go under it the next day, sometimes I am under it. I try to eat my protein (123g) but I have trouble with it and often only reach half or 2/3 of it.

I still have zero weight loss. Today I have 172 on the scale again, then sometimes it goes down to 168, then up again to 172 the next day, and so on. I don't think I work out so much or hard that it is all water. I also don't think I gained much muscle, even though my strength surely is improving.

I did lose weight last year with 1700-something, and also rather quickly, but I can't reproduce it somehow? I'm starting to get frustrated to have no results because I am darn hungry.

I know 170 is not super much but it's a bit weird that NOTHING is happening. I mean, shouldn't I have lost a pound at least in 2 weeks? I thought I had lost 2 but the next day the scale was up to 172 again. Yay!

What can I do? Keep at it? Or cut it even more? Maybe 1634 is still too much.

Replies

• SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    We see nearly 1000 of these posts per month here at MFP. B)

Why Am I Not Losing Weight: 11 Reasons You’re Failing To Lose Fat

Accurate counting (or at least more accurate) as everyone who posts one of these threads tends to underestimate how many calories they eat, and overestimate how many calories they burn in exercise.

More good reading here...

Why Eating Less and Exercising More are the Best Ways to Lose Fat

You are eating more than your body needs to be in a deficit. Cut the calories. Up the exercise. Increase the deficit.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    A couple of things:

1) It could be that your logging isn't accurate enough. Do you weigh everything you eat (including cooking oils) with a food scale?

2) Are you eating back all of your calories burned from exercise? Calories burned is often an overestimated number, particularly if you're letting MFP calculate the number for you. Many people have had success eating back about 50% of their earned exercise calories.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It's only been two weeks .. if you are on point with your calories stay the course ..ok I stole that line lol but its a true statement ..

Good luck
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Track absolutely everything and weigh all you eat and if you are then calorie deficient, you will lose weight. However, after I lost some weight, I was totally stuck. I have now given up bread, it was making me feel bloated and I have replaced the calories I was eating in buttered toast with fruit or vegetables. I feel better and the weight is dropping again. Maybe just a change in what we eat, together with being calorie deficient will do it. I exercised like crazy and didn't track and I put a stone on LOL
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Can you please open your food journal? Are you using a food scale?
    I did lose weight last year with 1700-something, and also rather quickly, but I can't reproduce it somehow? I'm starting to get frustrated to have no results because I am darn hungry.

How much did you weigh when you where doing the 1,700 calorie diet, and how much did you lose?

In regards to cutting back further, how much where you eating before?

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yeah I do weigh absolutely everything with a food scale and I double check every MFP entry.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I do know you get these a lot, but I guess it happens on a page like this? Or everybody thinks their problem is special?
    How much did you weigh when you where doing the 1,700 calorie diet, and how much did you lose?

In regards to cutting back further, how much where you eating before?

My food journal is German though.

I weighed roughly the same when I did the (roughly) 1760 calorie diet, about 170 lbs, and after 4-5 weeks I was at 159 lbs. But I was working out 4 times a week back then, maybe sometimes 5, and this time only 3, and also this time my workouts are a bit shorter, but consist of roughly the same stuff. That's why this time I am eating only a 1634 calorie diet.

I do not eat my exercise calories back because I got the impression from reading about it that it is not necessary when doing IIFYM since when calculating the TDEE it already is in there.

About the "eating before", that's hard to estimate because I did not track my overeating. Until November the 11th I was eating everything I wanted and how much I wanted, which meant eating bread, pizza, noodles and mostly fast food every day, and also daily chocolate and cookies and cake. I must have had at least 500-1000 extra calories daily by the chocolate/cake alone that I cut out by now, but I already figured out with the help of some people here that with all the extra calories I might have gained much more if I had kept it up and that even cutting it out might only have me at maintaining, not at losing.

So, today I am at 168 lbs, tendency downwards, so I assume it is just going really sloooooow. I think my clothes fit better already and my belly seems smaller but I am too scared to measure my body because if I see then I have not changed my motivation goes down the drain.

Rather put on blinders and keep going.

On the bright side: If I keep losing like this (very slowly where the scale does not change much but the fat goes down), at least it seems like safe and steady fat-loss without losing muscle, and ideal. Even though I'd love a quick and rapid weight loss to be finally done with it and being able to wear my good clothes. Guess this is a lesson in patience I finally gotta learn -_-

Happy New Year everyone!