What are you giving up in 2017?

Options

Replies

• lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I plan on adding in 20117. I have added myself to a group to help with accountability and extra motivation. I am adding a consistent morning routine of reading, journaling and exercising. I am adding a daily water goal. I am adding 2 days a week of playing basketball. Adding more fruits and veggies to weekly meals. By adding healthier routines and actions, it will take the place of the negative or unhealthy parts of my life leading to overall health changes. Best of luck to you all in 2017.
  • UnfatteningFfion
    UnfatteningFfion Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My braces come off in January so im giving up bananas, mouse, porridge, soup and ill be eating crunchy apples, cucumber instead- all the harder food

Aww that must be so exciting! :D
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    allowing negative people in my life...trying to be more positive overall:) (not giving up food!!) LOL
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm adding mindfulness (and working on getting rid of mindless eating).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    My resolutions don't tend to revolve around elimination of things.

2016 has been pretty brutal as far as my fitness is concerned...an injury in mid July left me pretty limited through mid September and then I busted up my right foot and ended up on crutches for a time and then walking around like an old geezer with a cane. Basically, the last six months have been very limited fitness wise...now that I'm fully healed I'm looking forward to getting back into things full speed again.

Goal 1: Ride 4,000 miles in 2017
    Goal 2: Dedicate myself to actually getting into the weight room 3x per week...I've been pretty steady with 2x per week...time is a bit of an issue here but I think I have a decent game plan while still being able to get in my time in the saddle.
    Goal 3: Complete the entire Desert Eagle Time Trial Series this summer (my July injury was during training for this)
    Goal 4: Finish the Enchanted Circle Century ride in September (I've yet to do a full century)
    Goal 5: 25 miles with my oldest (he will be 7) for Day of the Tread in October...he/we did 12 miles this past October and he had plenty left in the tank.

As elimination goes, I'll probably kick my cigar habit to the curb...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up on Congress.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • graciiekim
    graciiekim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Diabetes also runs in my family, so I'm planning on cutting my sugar intake significantly by limiting to one "small sugar product" a day and one treat a week, instead of my daily dose of five cookies haha
  • kaam_
    kaam_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Having toxic, negative, jealous people as "friends"
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't do resolutions, but I can make plans, and I plan to lose as much as possible of my excess poundage :smiley: I have 44 pounds to go (and then Ill reevaluate how it went, how I look etc) but I know the last ones are the hardest so I likely wont make it through them all. It would be nice, but I'm not going to set myself up to be depressed over a failure.
    I also don't plan on giving up any food except ones I don't like. I basically gave up coffee already, because I finally admitted I don't actually like coffee, I love the (high calorie) creamer that goes in it. No alternatives were acceptable so I drink other hot drinks I do like. Life can be hard enough without deliberately making it harder/more miserable on yourself!
  • kaam_
    kaam_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    USAMcK wrote: »
    WEEKLY PIZZA.

I love pizza and have been eating it about once a week lately. I always go all out and do 3-4 slices plus ranch which is my whole day's worth of calories. I'm good about planning it in but it means shorting myself before and/or after which sort of feels like I'm making up for it the rest of the week. I think I'll institute a single pizza day each month. That way I can still look forward to it without regretting it for the rest of the month. :)

Have you tried homemade pizza? You could use your own ingredients and measurements to fit your calorie goal.

Laura Vitale has a great food channel with a lot of pizza recipes:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LauraVitalesKitchen/search?query=pizza

But don't spend to much time watching the videos or you'll get hungry :smile:
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    USAMcK wrote: »
    WEEKLY PIZZA.

I love pizza and have been eating it about once a week lately. I always go all out and do 3-4 slices plus ranch which is my whole day's worth of calories. I'm good about planning it in but it means shorting myself before and/or after which sort of feels like I'm making up for it the rest of the week. I think I'll institute a single pizza day each month. That way I can still look forward to it without regretting it for the rest of the month. :)

I'm so with you on this!!! I'll eat a 16 inch pan pizza with sliced tomatoes, garlic, sausage and extra cheese just by myself at least twice a month!!

I know you can make it to have fewer calories but it won't taste the same.

I'll need to cut this evil behavior out if I want to achieve my ideal BF.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Negativity and whining (well I'm gonna try.. ) :p
  • jmbrawner
    jmbrawner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up gluten for 30 days then eliminating sugar for 30 days then eliminating soy! My hope is to be gluten, sugar and soy free in 3 month!
  • mactaffy428
    mactaffy428 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Like CM_73, I'd like to give up failure. Or, probably more accurately, feeling like a failure.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jmbrawner wrote: »
    I'm giving up gluten for 30 days then eliminating sugar for 30 days then eliminating soy! My hope is to be gluten, sugar and soy free in 3 month!

For medical reasons?
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Alcohol! and about a minute per mile on my run and bike legs!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORq6O5x0zOQ

(jokes, people, jokes!! Happy NY from New Zealand :) )
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Giving up laziness
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORq6O5x0zOQ

(jokes, people, jokes!! Happy NY from New Zealand :) )

Omfg that is classic!!!! I love it!!!!
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cut down on refined sugar - eg not in coffee or teas etc. Also wean out red meat. It's hard as my little fam are all carnivores esp hubby. I've apparently got haemachromatosis so I don't need that extra iron (too bad I love my leafy greens!) Tonight we're Nittany to game moroccan beef with green beans and cous cous. I'm going to cook my own sauce but have the same minus beef.