When an MFP friend messes up, do you keep them company?

Options
Have you ever learned that an MFP friend had overindulged in the cupcakes and donuts and was feeling bad, so decided to munch to keep them company? Or have you ever figured that since they ate something, you deserved or might as well have some too? Why or why not?

Replies

• PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    No way. I dont judge them for overeating as i dont know what they are dealing with. But these past few days everyone seems relaxed so i am not beating myself up either for overeating. Back to it from Monday o:)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Nope. If they are feeling bad about it I will do my best to comfort them and remind them one day is just one day of many.

• thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    absolutely not. i don't read diaries. this whole journey is about me
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Didn't you post this in some of the other forums, too?
    No, why would I want to do that?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    Have you ever learned that an MFP friend had overindulged in the cupcakes and donuts and was feeling bad, so decided to munch to keep them company? Or have you ever figured that since they ate something, you deserved or might as well have some too? Why or why not?

Why are you trying to blame someone else for your poor decision making?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »

Nope.

Why on earth would I want to do that?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    My best friend's mom had friends who would do that. She had her certain friends for when she wanted to overindulge. But it kept her obese by doing that.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I think the term is called "enabling".
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I thought this was so strange, but then I realized I do a version of this in real life. Somebody in the house grabs a meal or snack and moments later, I might do the same, whether or not I'm actually hungry!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't, because that's toxic thinking :/
  • gabbyo23
    gabbyo23 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What? That doesn't even make sense. What?
  • gabbyo23
    gabbyo23 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Seriously? What?!