Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Here’s my daily moan!

I’ve had the day from hell!
    So we all know my backs sore, but today I coughed (the tiniest cough ever) and something in my back POPPED!
    Omg the agony! I couldn’t move, I was stuck bent over holding my back in so much pain.
    And I had to get my eldest to nursery 15 mins later. I couldn’t walk let alone drive!

So I had to wake my OH.. which is like waking a lion :lol:

Anyway he took her to nursery. We had a couple of errands to run and I just stayed sat in the car. But when we got home I couldn’t get out. I had to swing myself out whilst crying and shouting out in pain!

Got an emergency drs appt. i truly believed I slipped a disc!
    But fortunately I haven’t!
    Just a very very very bad strain and inflammation.

I’m so tired. It’s 7pm now. Gotta rest my back after getting kids to bed as it’s already hurting again. And then pop to the chemist to get my painkillers and then bed I think!
    Hoping to be asleep by 9!

So goals for tomorrow:

Friday
    - Don’t moan.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    P.S. Does anyone want to carry on this pregnancy for me and just give me the baby after? :sweat_smile:
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Today’s goals for me:

Track everything
    Do not binge no matter what I have to do
    Windex bathroom
    Check paycheck and not be afraid to
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I was at the chiropractor this morning where one of the front desk people puts inspirational sayings up on a whiteboard. Today was
    "Your mind is a powerful thing.
    When you fill it with positive thoughts
    Your life will start to change!"
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Wednesday 11/15 JFT:

Well today I plan to rearrange some things in order to exercise before lunch. It seems that I get really busy or really tired after lunch (afternoon hours). Therefore, I am going to try and get onto my elliptical first thing!!

I woke up late and did not make lunches for the family this morning, I'm letting them eat at school today :neutral:
    (Even though I do not like the kids eating school lunches, I know they enjoy the break occasionally so I'll try and not let this bother me.)
    ✔Enjoyed a nice breakfast with my hubby
    ✔Post JFT
    ✔Laundry
    ❌Elliptical ~ 20 min.
    ❌Organize a few items around the house
    ✔Lunch
    ✔Grocery List / Grocery Shop
    ✔Pick up kiddos and teen from school
    ❌Work on research project from home ~ 1 hr
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

:disappointed:

Yesterday was no good. I didn't accomplish anything. I was exhausted so I took a nap and just rested.

Thursday 11/16 JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔On campus 9am - 1pm (work on research)
    ✔Lunch
    ❌Elliptical➡️I'm struggling w/ this :cold_sweat:
    ✔Meeting w/ hubby regarding next week events
    ✔Pick up kiddos and teen from school
    ✔Pick up dinner groceries
    ✔Prepare dinner
    ✔Kids to Jiu-Jitsu
    Dinner by 8 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm

Still struggling with depression :disappointed:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 and @Bex953172 So sorry you both are struggling with your pregnancies. Wish there was something that could be done. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @OConnell5483
    Also, on your iPad/phone
    When you’re writing a comment make sure you don’t use any of the phone/pads emoticons. Because that’s when MFP just cuts out and doesn’t post whatever you wrote from that emoticon, hence half a post!

Unless you didn’t use any, then I don’t know haha

I DID use an emoticon from the iPad! I had no idea it would do that. Thank you for telling me. It was driving me crazy!

Thanks also for the tips about the bullet journals. I'm a list maker. I write stuff everywhere and then have like 4 different notebooks, and can never figure out which one has the list I'm looking for! So, I thought maybe if I really tried to use just one, it might make life a bit easier and more organized for me. I'll check on Pinterest! Love Pinterest...I get lost for hours on that site.

I hope by now you are resting comfortably and sleeping. If we didn't have an entire ocean between us and lived closer together, I'd come help you out with the kiddos and house. But you know....there's that whole ocean thing...

:heart: :mrgreen:
  • throckj33
    throckj33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my first day posting my goals. I'm going to start out simple but I'm hoping this will finally be what helps me lose weight and keep it off! I enjoy reading everyone's posts! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    I was at the chiropractor this morning where one of the front desk people puts inspirational sayings up on a whiteboard. Today was
    "Your mind is a powerful thing.
    When you fill it with positive thoughts
    Your life will start to change!"

Wow. I just love that you shared this. I just heard this watching a show called The Big Fat Truth. The mind is the biggest muscle. And where the mind goes, the body follows. I am truly trying to separate myself from things I cannot change, changing what I can.

Just for today, I did everything I set out to do except look at my paycheck. I will tomorrow.

Tomorrow’s goals:

1. Don’t binge no matter what
    2. Track everything
    3. Make choices that fit into my calorie goal
    4. Keep my focus on me
    5. Go to work
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thursday 11/16
    1. log all food. I am getting lazy on this part! :)
    2. drink water :)
    3. avoid sugary foods. Drink water instead, count to 10, distract myself, do something! :/ Did really good until tonite - and gave into the ice cream :/
    4. work on sewing chemo hats :) 6 red hats finished; now changing thread, and onto the blue ones.
    5. taking car in for inspections; go to license bureau and get plates :) Crazy day, but we got lots done!
    6. go to the store and get stuff to make pie for friday :) Marie Callender Pies on sale for $5.00 -- so taking the easy way!
    7. run to the fabric store (use coupon for fabric 60% off!!!) :) More fabric, so happy me!
    8. work on charity quilt at least 30 minutes :) Finished with the quilt, and ready to give it to this young girl!
    9. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)
    10. do not get discouraged by the scale. Remember .... even if I can just maintain this time of year, that is a good thing. Look at the positives :/
    11. read my response cards - remember why I want to lose weight :/

Going to go back to simple for tomorrow ... I feel my motivation really slipping, as always happens this time of year for me
    Friday
    1. eat a light lunch
    2. remember to sip on water in the evening
    3. brush floss teeth early so I don't give into binging
    4. try and get 4 more chemo hats sewn
    5. go to gym

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water :)
    2. Finish cutting Mark's quilt :)
    3. Bread making day :)
    4. Brush and floss :)
    5. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Call Mom
    3. Laundry
    4. Do some studio decluttering
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • Bex953172
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @OConnell5483

I hope by now you are resting comfortably and sleeping. If we didn't have an entire ocean between us and lived closer together, I'd come help you out with the kiddos and house. But you know....there's that whole ocean thing...

:heart: :mrgreen:

I did get a little sleep, although not comfortably.
    It’s so nice of you to say that, I feel a little unsupported by my partner if I’m honest.

He helped a bit with tidying last night, well helped a lot, but couldn’t be bothered to get the hot water bottle out from under the bed, you know something that would really help me. I can’t do it because it’s behind the bed drawer and the draws too heavy.

I know I’m being pretty snappy and sometimes nasty but I’m in immense pain. The tablets I got from the gp aren’t even helping.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172, so sorry you're having so many difficulties with this pregnancy! Rest, do what you can to feel better, and ask for help when you need it. Be specific about what you need. :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    @Bex953172, so sorry you're having so many difficulties with this pregnancy! Rest, do what you can to feel better, and ask for help when you need it. Be specific about what you need. :)

Haha I need my partner to stop being a tool!!

It’s hard because I’m HIS carer. But I’m visibly struggling. I’m probs overreacting, he did practically everything for me yesterday in terms of cleaning and stuff and the shopping. And I know that would stress him. But I needed him to help me with my back! Not the shopping lol

The GP gave me stronger painkillers this morning and it’s taken off the worse of it. It still hurts if it spasms but the general ache and pain has subsided thank god!

I’m just very tired now!
    This is the pregnancy to end all pregnancy’s lol so glad I’m not having more kids after this!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap R 11/16
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, crappy blustery wind but happy dog. And she still ran like crazy in back yard when we got home. :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,052 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 hours (boom) & 35 floors. :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = Green for net calories & sodium, 14c water. Yay! :smiley:
    4) Evening: choir / review borrowed magazine / wash dishes = Done :smiley: / Some :smile: / Nope...Kitty napped on me again, which obviously is more important :D
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = Done :smiley: / in bed 10:30 but TV on :/

JFT F 11/17
    1) Walked dog 3.09 before work. Just realized on MapMyWalk app I have walked dog 7 of last 8 days = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green
    4) Prep clothes for tomorrow, including alpaca socks, hand warmers & boots / charge Fitbit & phone
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15

The Saturday before Thanksgiving (US) is a special day. The annual Green Bay holiday aka Christmas parade is at 10 a.m. and I have volunteered in the staging area since 1991 or 92. Only missed one year b/c sick. Volunteers meet at 7:30 a.m. (1/2 hour later this year b/c judging has apparently been discontinued), then head to our assigned stage with our clipboards, walkie talkies and signs. We park / line up the floats and other units in order before the parade starts. I have handled stage 3 for years, even got my BFF and her hubby involved. We'll be on our feet in the street for at least 3-4 hours. When the parade ends, the volunteers meet up for our tradition of bloody marys with beer chasers (and lunch). :D Since most of us have volunteered for over 20 years, we have a great time catching up with each other, such a wonderful group of people! I look forward to this every year. :smiley:

I have already decided, I will not log any beverages, food or activity for Saturday, and drink / eat as I like. I will, however, record my weekly weigh-in as usual. I guess that will keep my MFP streak alive.

Have a great day everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    The Saturday before Thanksgiving (US) is a special day. The annual Green Bay holiday aka Christmas parade is at 10 a.m. and I have volunteered in the staging area since 1991 or 92. Only missed one year b/c sick. Volunteers meet at 7:30 a.m. (1/2 hour later this year b/c judging has apparently been discontinued), then head to our assigned stage with our clipboards, walkie talkies and signs. We park / line up the floats and other units in order before the parade starts. I have handled stage 3 for years, even got my BFF and her hubby involved. We'll be on our feet in the street for at least 3-4 hours. When the parade ends, the volunteers meet up for our tradition of bloody marys with beer chasers (and lunch). :D Since most of us have volunteered for over 20 years, we have a great time catching up with each other, such a wonderful group of people! I look forward to this every year. :smiley:

This sounds like fun! I was wondering why you were setting out alpaca socks, etc. for tomorrow! I forgot it was Saturday. Every year I plan to go to the Christmas parade, but I've never actually made it. Maybe tomorrow will be my first! Have fun!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite and stay in the green :)
    2. increase water intake from yesterday ;) about the same. Really need to work on this.
    3. Hit step goal :)
    4. Sew on quilt :( Spent too much time shopping and baking yesterday.
    5. Add 5 more items to the donate box (getting pretty full!) :) Box is full. Time to drop off and start a new one.
    6. Bake husband his favorite cookies to take to deer camp :)
    7. Listen to my favorite podcasts while sewing :(
    8. One random act of kindness today :smile:
    9. Read my chapter for Simple Abundance and write in my gratitude journal :smile:

Tim heads up north to deer camp today. He is so excited! Time with his son and grandsons. It's like a holiday around here! I'm not sure what I'm going to do here while they're gone..maybe schedule a massage and just relax! I love having the house to myself! I think I look forward to deer camp as much as he does. LOL I'm finding my days off between jobs are ticking away quickly and I still have so many things I wanted to do or get done! Never enough time in a day, is there? Especially when it is fun things you want to do! :blush:

So.....Just for Friday
    1. Journal every bite and stay green
    2. Increase water from yesterday - at least 64 oz
    3. Hit step goal
    4. Work on quilt
    5. Listen to today's podcasts
    6. Make a list of top priority things I want to accomplish before starting new job on 11/28.
    7. Research bullet journals and perhaps start one
    8. Read chapter for Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal
    9. Bed early so I can get up early tomorrow. Need to turn my internal clock around!

Have a GREAT Friday!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Friday 11/17 JFT:

-Woke up late, fortunately the kids were already up and ready to go. Today is their Thxg luncheon so NO need to pack lunches today. :)
    -Dr. Appt
    -Thxg Luncheon
    -Elliptical
    -Grocery shop --> pick up dinner items
    -Pick up kiddos and teen from school
    -Relax, maybe write out the grocery list for Thxg items, I'll be shopping tomorrow A.M.
    -Dinner by 7 pm
    -Bedtime by 10 pm

I actually already had my DR. Appt and discussed my rollercoaster ride of depression with them. Naturally they recommended a psychologist, medication and exercise. However, we finally came to the agreement that just exercise might be the trick (if it doesn't improve then other steps may be taken.) I think I've come up with an idea that might work. They said try and get some sun for at least 15 min a day, so after reading some JFT posts, I've been inspired!! @cschmidt1450 Im taking a note from your book!! I'm going to start walking our dog down the road and back each day (it'll be about 15 - 20 min). Even though he has land to run on, he will enjoy the walk with me. Maybe this will help, it's worth a try :wink:
  • mytime6630
    Options

I did get a little sleep, although not comfortably.
    It’s so nice of you to say that, I feel a little unsupported by my partner if I’m honest.

He helped a bit with tidying last night, well helped a lot, but couldn’t be bothered to get the hot water bottle out from under the bed, you know something that would really help me. I can’t do it because it’s behind the bed drawer and the draws too heavy.

I know I’m being pretty snappy and sometimes nasty but I’m in immense pain. The tablets I got from the gp aren’t even helping.

Bex - are you like 5 months along now??? I am so sorry you are having a rough time with the pregnancy. Have little ones around to care for makes it so hard for you to rest. I am glad your partner helped out some - I think they just have no idea of what we go through while pregnant. Both the discomfort, and the hormones! Hugs to you dear friend -- and hope you have a much better day today, and are able to rest in comfort some! But think -- you are more than halfway there!
  • mytime6630
    Options

The Saturday before Thanksgiving (US) is a special day. The annual Green Bay holiday aka Christmas parade is at 10 a.m. and I have volunteered in the staging area since 1991 or 92.

I have already decided, I will not log any beverages, food or activity for Saturday, and drink / eat as I like. I will, however, record my weekly weigh-in as usual. I guess that will keep my MFP streak alive.

!

This sounds like SO much fun - and you get to see all those beautiful floats up close!!!! Enjoy the day -- and like you said - that is a day to just enjoy those beverages - and get back on track the next day. You are doing so great!