Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    linnea4 wrote: »
    Wednesday:
    Record - Done
    Eat responsibily - I'll call this a win
    Do not work late - I left about when I wanted to, so that works.

JFT Thursday:
    Record
    Eat responsibly
    Get some more art supplies and start the painting that's been percolating in the head for a while
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Wednesday:

As of today, I am a 13-year cerebral aneurysm survivor. If I can get through that, I can do ANYTHING. :)

That's wonderful! Congratulations :smiley:

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Boy oh boy. I am NOT really progressing with health stuff. Getting alot of other things done...got dd thru most of college app/placement testing...been sometimes leaving the house 5 times a day to drive my wonderful teenagers to where they need to be (when most usually I only leave the house a few times a week!!!!) So, I have been pooped and out of sorts. I think I really do not have to go anywhere today and so I am hoping that will allow me to really be purposeful about my #, #2, and #3 below!!! :-)

JFT 16 Mar Thursday:
    1. Log all/cal. limits
    2. 3 Pints water/tea
    3. Abs challenge
    4. Peacefulness!!!!!!!!
    5. Conquer my one big counter pile (paperwork--ugh)

@Bex953172 : So glad you are back "on"--I missed all of your cheery, cynically humorous comments--Oh, that made me smile: "Can I eat whatever you drop?" :-) Happy painting!

@OConnell5483 : Your goals continue to inspire me :-). That is a wonderful realization--that the littlest accomplishments add up--and then it can really make our day! I think that way too.

@azulvioleta6 : Congratulations on your celebration of 13 years--that is a HUGE thing to celebrate! And all of your activeness and dancing after going thru that experience!!! Wow! (I love dancing, zumba etc, but we don't have the resources in my little town, so I "dance vicariously thru you", lol--so much enjoy hearing about that!) :p
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Yesterday W 3/15/17
    1) Pace in my office during 90 minute webinar - Yes, although I paused a few times, for polling questions and to briefly work on a spreadsheet. Fitbit = 5,116 steps during webinar, and >11,000 Wed. :smile:
    2) Do not take any dessert at soup supper before Lent service tonight, and hopefully there will be good soup choices - No desserts, but tried two soups and ate small amount of bread. I consider this a fail: when I got home I had such a craving for something sweet, so I ate Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate. I did count out one portion and log it, but still.....would've been better if I had counted out my 10 M&Ms. :s
    3) Floss - Yes 4 consecutive days! :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 with TV off - Yes 10:20 starting to feel more like myself after time change :smile:

Just for today R 3/16/17
    1) Participate in workplace spring hike at lunchtime
    2) Eat fewer calories than yesterday (stealing this goal from @Bex953172)
    3) If no afternoon meeting, then meditate
    4) Floss...I'm on a roll!
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 w/ TV off
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Awh I'm really touched that some of you have missed me!!
    Feel like I've got a good group of people to do this journey with!
    I'm glad to be back!

Quick question for you all

If you have a cup of tea, I just log the tea bag, sugar and milk
    Do I add the water as 1 cup?
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options

- Hit target steps (12,500) :) Hit over 16,000
    - Lunch time walk :) love my lunch walk
    - Whatever SO makes for dinner make it fit into plan :) It was so good and under my goal
    - Think about running ... Goal for next week :) Getting closer
    - Look into that farm vegetable delivery program :) I ordered them so excited a full box of farm veggies and fruit every week and it'll be a surprise what comes plus farm fresh eggs

JFT Thursday

- 12.500 steps
    - Try and get majority steps in by 4pm
    - Lunch walk
    - 600 calorie dinner max!!
    - Get out with SO for an after dinner walk

Wishing everyone a day where we all meet our goals and the struggles go smooth!!

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    @Bex953172 I count tea also as water, if it's decaf. Regular tea is a diuretic, and can dehydrate a person. Not the effect I'm going for. ;)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday
    1. WATER ;) Not nearly as much as I planned but better than the day before.
    2. Stay under calorie goal :s Blew it. Stupid apple pie in the kitchen. Wouldn't stop calling my name.
    3. 10,000 steps :s I wish I could say my FitBit ran out of charge, but truth be told, I just plain suck at exercising.
    4. Mark 5 tasks off work to-do list :) Pretty productive day considering all the interruptions.
    5. Run to Burlington and look for a few new sweaters/shirts :/ Worked late and didn't feel like shopping. Taking tomorrow off for a long birthday weekend and plan to go shopping then instead.
    6. "Simple Abundance..." journal and assignments :D Did these last night while curled up in a blanket. Last night's assignment was to list 100 things I am grateful for. You'd think it was hard, but when you start listing little things like "lilac bushes, butterflies, strawberries..." it fills up fast!
    7. Put a smile in my voice (whether I'm feeling it or not) :) yup! Funny how a little self-talk in the morning can change your whole attitude and reactions for the day.
    8. Be "present" tonight with husband while we watch Survivor. :) Yup!
    9. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)
    10. Random act of kindness, at least one! :)

Just for Thursday
    1. Hydrate
    2. Eat fewer cals than yesterday (stealing from @bex953172)
    3. Finish this week's to-do list at work so I can take tomorrow off!
    4. Take an actual lunch break
    5. Notice the small things and be grateful. Be more aware today.
    6. At least one random act of kindness.
    7. "Simple Abundance..." journal and assignments.
    8. At least 100 more FitBit steps than yesterday.

In March, I will:
    1. Change things that I can and let go of things out of my control.
    2. Separate the "reality" from the "story" of situations. Look at facts, not perceptions.

2017 Word is Serenity. I will find a place of peace and serenity this year.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    If you have a cup of tea, I just log the tea bag, sugar and milk
    Do I add the water as 1 cup?

I just log tea as water, but I am not adding milk or sugar...*maybe* Splenda. I am mostly drinking herbal tea (tisanes), but I don't know that the caffeine really matters much in terms of hydration.

I created a separate snack category for things that I drink with coffee...milk, almond milk, occasionally other additions. You might consider doing something like that for tea.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wed
    1. log all food :) Even though, once again, I am WAY OVER my calories
    2. drink water. Carry water bottle with me :) Getting better with the water, but still have a ways to go
    3. Clean upper kitchen cabinets :/
    4. clean under my bathroom sink - organize :/
    5. try and organize 2 hall way closets. :) Well - at least 1 closet organized! I can't believe how many half-empty bottles of windex there were!
    6. pay bills :)
    7. help hubby - today is shipping day, so busy day with work :)
    8. try not to worry about my daughter. It does not help at all to lay awake worrying about stuff :/

NOTE TO MYSELF: IF I STAY ON TRACK, NEXT SEPTEMBER I CAN BE WITHIN 5 LBS OF MY GOAL WEIGHT - LOSING JUST 5 POUNDS A MONTH. KEEP GOING

I NEED TO REMIND MYSELF THAT FOOD ONLY TASTES GOOD FOR THE SECOND IT PASSES MY TASTE BUDS. KEEP THE LONG RANGE PICTURE IN MY MIND, AND DON'T QUIT

Yesterday was a day of stress eating. I have to let go of things I cannot control. Food is not the answer

SO JFT, Thursday
    1. eat only healthy foods. No icecream, no chips. THey do nothing but add extra calories
    2. drink water
    3. be thankful for what I have. Don't look at what is missing in my life
    4. just be there for my daughter. its all I can do
    5. try and do some exercise - even if its only a short 15 minutes till I feel better

• mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey again ladies
    Been off for a while
    My ribs are finally healed
    But I've been struggling massively with getting to my pre illness eating habits

I've put back on the weight I lost and I'm pretty upset!

I am right there with you. If it so hard getting back on track, and having the energy to exercise. I am glad your ribs are healed, and glad to see you back. We can do this!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2017
    Options
    bri150lbs wrote: »

I had a very bad day with my kids today (teenagers!), but still stayed focused and met my goals anyway. It was actually a comfort to know that my food decisions were already made and the emotional chaos swirling around me didn't affect that.

We cannot avoid those bad days (especially if you have teenagers!!). But congratulations to you for staying focused and meeting your goals! SO proud of you!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    @azulvioleta6 : Congratulations on your celebration of 13 years--that is a HUGE thing to celebrate! And all of your activeness and dancing after going thru that experience!!! Wow! (I love dancing, zumba etc, but we don't have the resources in my little town, so I "dance vicariously thru you", lol--so much enjoy hearing about that!) :p

I started doing Zumba when I was living in a tiny town and Zumba was the only way to do any kind of Latin dance. It took me years to work up to being able to do authentic dance again. Now I live close to a major city, so I can pretty much do salsa or bachata any night of the week which is AWESOME.

I don't feel like I am a very good dancer, but I am actually dancing with a lot of people who are former pros and world-class dancers. Some of them are half my age, so I'm pretty jazzed to even be able to keep up. :)
  • mytime6630
    Options

As of today, I am a 13-year cerebral aneurysm survivor. If I can get through that, I can do ANYTHING. :)

Congratulations!! Something to be very proud of! Yes, you can do anything! ANd you are proving it everyday. I would love to be able to dance like you do. My husband and I used to go dancing all the time (not very good, but still loved to dance). We just can't seem to find places to go dancing anymore. But you are so active!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    Ahah I'm confused now, I drink English breakfast tea, Darjeeling, chai and earl grey
    Do they all have caffeine

And I've had 2 conflicting opinions on whether it counts or not lol!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    3/15

Bad day all around. It's ok. Tomorrow is a new day. I'll repeat theses goals.

Thats the nice thing about starting each day fresh! We can forget tomorrow, and today is a new day! (I have to remind myself of that also!)
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Wednesday:

1. Track all food :)
    2. Under 75G carbs :neutral:
    3. At least 5 freggies :) 6
    4. 30-day ab challenge: 60 situps, 75 crunches, 40 leg raises, 50 second plank :)
    5. Swim a mile? might need to take a rest day...or at least a nap! :neutral: rested
    6. 10+ cups water :)

Am going to go help my parents with gardening projects for a couple of days since I have time off. Not sure if I will be able to track well.

Thursday:

1. Around 100G carbs
    2. At least 5 freggies
    3. 30-day ab challenge: 65 situps, 85 crunches, 42 leg raises, 55 second plank
    4. Heavy gardening--at least 2 hours
    5. 10+ cups water
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thurs:
    1. am workout -swam 55min
    2. water - 75oz so far
    3. food - keep dinner under 600 cal
    so happy today, yesterday kept it together foodwise and weight this am went DOWN, oh happy dance

@azulvioleta6 Congrats to you! So with you in spirit out dancing.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @Bex953172 I got curious about the tea / water question and found this link about hydration. Apparently I'm not counting some water I could be!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/821181/myths-and-facts-about-hydration-requirements