I never feel 'full'

Options
13»

Replies

• quartknee11
    quartknee11 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just thought of another tip!

An entire pack of sugar free jello is only 40 calories. Try having that in the fridge at all times. Whenever you can't keep your hunger under control, try snacking on that instead of high calorie snacks
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    More protein Stop eating the carbs.. they make you feel full initially then you're starving soon after. Drink more and trust me I have a really hard time drinking water so I get sparkling water and drink a lot of tea.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    ... I find when I'm eating a meal, I never feel satisfied. It normally gets to the point that I eat until it hurts and I don't know how to fix this. ........
    How do you "eat until it hurts" but at the same time are not full? Sounds like you're getting so full that it hurts. You're getting past the point of fullness and cramming more and more in. The way to fix it is to stop doing that.

Because what she is trying to fill; is not her stomach. Only she doesn't know that yet. I have the same problem. ... ...

Count me in!

I think I've more or less gotten it sorted now.

But I used to eat an entire bag of snyder's pretzel chips, then start in on another. When the sicky-full feeling cranked up, I actually got MAD that I couldn't keep eating. Another time, I ate so much cheddar jalapeno cheetos that I woke up in the night to be sick. Lemme tell ya, you don't want to puke jalapeno cheetos, like ever. It's like I turned into a human chernobyl.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I think handling emotions, or too many carbs, or not enough protein or combinations of these are the likely culprit.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem with overeating and I have such a hard time tracking calories because I snack a lot and lose track... I find when I'm eating a meal, I never feel satisfied. It normally gets to the point that I eat until it hurts and I don't know how to fix this. I drink plenty of water every day, I could just eat forever.

The key is not to try to feel full, but to measure what a portion size should be. Your body will adjust if you stick to it long enough.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When i feel full and happily stuffed is when i know I've eaten too much. Stopping eating when no longer hungry or just satisfied is still a foreign concept for me, and one that i have to constantly work at.

Same here. It's not a knowledge problem, but rather an emotional/psychological one. I've tried to intuitively "only eat when hungry" but this leads to missing entire meals knowing I won't have a chance to eat when I finally do get hungry. Then, for me, "stop eating when no longer truly hungry" could mean a few bites (even though it takes far more to feel "full"), which then leads to grazing, which can be more calories than just eating. The only thing I've found to work is to set a healthy calorie goal, count calories, and trust you're getting enough to eat. Eventually you'll find that bloated, full feeling is actually rather uncomfortable. But, if the emotional issue, it can be easy to have a bad day and overeat. Accept it, deal with the emotional stuff head on, and move on.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I have a big problem with overeating and I have such a hard time tracking calories because I snack a lot and lose track... I find when I'm eating a meal, I never feel satisfied. It normally gets to the point that I eat until it hurts and I don't know how to fix this. I drink plenty of water every day, I could just eat forever.

The key is not to try to feel full, but to measure what a portion size should be. Your body will adjust if you stick to it long enough.

I'm the opposite. The key for me is to get full each day. I do IF so I can save up the food and get full. Makes it sustainable for me in the long run because there are periods of time I'm totally satisfied.