What is your all time favorite movie and why??

Options

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Snatch!!!! Brad Pitt and Jason Statham;) Yum!
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Has to be Goodfellas
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    What Dreams May Come

Snatch

Firefly series followed by Serenity the movie. Meaning, as a marathon.

i love What Dreams May Come. thats the way i hope the afterlife is(if there is one.) :D
  • Da_Big_Kahuna
    Da_Big_Kahuna Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If I could only pick one it would be Monty Python's "Search for The Holy Grail"

I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The Lion King... it shows when you are betrayed you can still come out on top stronger than ever...
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Sling blade. :heart:
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Also, Secretary, The Invention of Lying, Tropic Thunder, Legend, Buffalo 66, Life as a House, The Big Year, and any movie with Johnny Depp.

I didn't think anyone would mention Buffalo '66. One of my faves. Not just because I'm from buffalo though lol.

Also:

Fargo
    Pulp Fiction
    Forrest Gump
    Terminator 2
    The Boondock Saints
    Shawshank Redemption
    Sweet and Low Down
    Tommy Boy
    Waynes world 1&2
    The Hustler
    Old School

Lol sorry I could go on forever...

And most recently, Greetings from Tim Buckley.

Of the children's variety: Milo & Otis :)
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Momento
    Because it's so damn cool. Showcases why Chris Nolan has gone on to direct such huge blockbusters.

Momento is a 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller film written and directed by Christopher Nolan, adapted from his younger brother Jonathan Nolan's short story "Memento Mori"
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    The Ten Commandments - The 1956 version with Charlton Heston
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Dumb & Dumber

Dumb-and-Dumber-Were-There.gif
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    muriel's Wedding..
    Abba and australila
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Napoleon Dynamite. I totally vote for Pedro.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Momento
    Because it's so damn cool. Showcases why Chris Nolan has gone on to direct such huge blockbusters.

Momento is a 2000 American neo-noir psychological thriller film written and directed by Christopher Nolan, adapted from his younger brother Jonathan Nolan's short story "Memento Mori"

Memento is great!!
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings why? The story it tells. The characters it draws you in you become part of the epic trilogy I have read the series and went to see all three in the theater as each one came out. Very special to me
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Momento

Memento is great!!

And as i typed it I was thinking about how people spell it wrong and then I went on to do just that !!!! oopsy
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What Dreams May Come

Snatch

Firefly series followed by Serenity the movie. Meaning, as a marathon.

i love What Dreams May Come. thats the way i hope the afterlife. s(if there is one.) :D

When my husband askes me to marry him, I made him watch What Dreams May Come and told him I would only say yes if he was capable of loving me like that:) I know it is a movie, but I believe in eternal love!
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    True Romance will always be up at the top of my list, along with
    Local Hero and
    Black Orpheus
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I have a quite a few but I will pick 2! October Sky and Timeline

- because I'm a super Geek!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I saw a lot of movies I love I don't even know if I can say I have a favorite. It's kind of like picking a favorite book. Maybe a favorite food can't really do that either.

My all time favorite scene in any movie ever made though is in Young Guns, when the gang rides their horses basically down a cliff side. One of the guys chasing them says "even their horses are crazy" and then at the bottom of the cliff they ask a guy what he was screaming in Apache I think, he says "stop" he was screaming it a lot and everyone thought he was screaming at his horse to go faster.

One of my favorite movies is Wasting Away. Because it's the perfect combination of horror, action adventure, and comedy. It's mostly comedy and I like it because it tells the story of a group of zombies from their perspective. I think it was the first one.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Marie Antoinette (2006)

I love the costumes, the soundtrack, and the colors.